Jul 13, 2018
Rocksteady, Bioware, and Crystal Dynamics making their own destiny game.

giphy.gif
Avengers Project will be nothing like Destiny.

Jul 13, 2018
Wait, where are people getting this idea that it'll be a "create your own hero" game? Besides Suicide Squad, this would honestly be the next worse idea for a AAA DC game. Sure, character creators are cool, but would anyone really prefer to play as their own character vs established DC heroes like Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman etc? If anything, I'd expect heavy customization a la Injustice 2 in this game as opposed to user created characters.

Also, I wouldn't place much emphasis on the "GaaS" aspect of this game. Remember, one of the reasons Jason wouldn't report on the game is because it wouldn't deviate too much (like multiplayer only) from Rocksteady's previous titles. Plus, they've got senior writers from Mafia 3 and Horizon Zero Dawn on staff, so I doubt it'll have a thin narrative.

Dec 26, 2017
Firelink Shrine
From what I've gathered, Batfamily would be a good guess. The Damian game was retooled and it could have easily been made into a MP Arkham game using the assets from their cancelled Suicide Squad game. It could also be a World's Finest game, but I think the Batfamily rumor is a safer bet, as WB loves to shove Batman down our throats.

As for the new project, I don't know which one Osama had started on, but he could've moved from the multiplayer one to a solo DC project, who knows. The initial linkedin profile that stated their first project was co-op stopped in June 2017, so it could have been retooled as well.

Something that I DID notice that I should point out, is that WB Montreal had listed that it needed a programmer for a next gen multiplayer new IP on its development team. I don't know whether that was for an in house project or if "development team" means that it was something outsorced. WB Montreal is a place where pretty much all the other WB studios outsource some of their stuff. A next-gen multiplayer new IP sounds like something any of the other studios could be working on, especially Rocksteady. It would be cool if someone smarter than me like Nirolak could chime in.

Other than that, Osama did let it slip that WB Montreal has a couple projects in development, he just didn't say which was which. Holding out hope for Superman.

At this point, why not? Everything else has been debunked and Titans are super popular right now.
He shouldn't get his hopes up, lol.

chaosaeon

Oct 26, 2017
All these details make me less and less interested. I'd like an arkham city/spiderman like 1990 style TMNT game so much :/.

Jasper

Mar 21, 2018
Netherlands
Wait, where are people getting this idea that it'll be a "create your own hero" game? Besides Suicide Squad, this would honestly be the next worse idea for a AAA DC game. Sure, character creators are cool, but would anyone really prefer to play as their own character vs established DC heroes like Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman etc? If anything, I'd expect heavy customization a la Injustice 2 in this game as opposed to user created characters.

Also, I wouldn't place much emphasis on the "GaaS" aspect of this game. Remember, one of the reasons Jason wouldn't report on the game is because it wouldn't deviate too much (like multiplayer only) from Rocksteady's previous titles. Plus, they've got senior writers from Mafia 3 and Horizon Zero Dawn on staff, so I doubt it'll have a thin narrative.

Just because it's not officially multiplayer-only doesn't mean the narrative won't suck. It's almost impossible to be narrative-driven when your focus is on 'raids' and 'loot'. Bioware showed us how hard it is.

WB Montreal 2019 Reveal Not Likely
OP
OP
est1992

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
According to F4r0_Atak WBM's next game (rumored to be Batman co-op) most likely will not be revealed this year.
Can't say anything... but I just hope for the best to them. Not crossing my fingers for this year though. :/
Mods can verify my info if they want.
Disheartening, seeing as they've gone over six years without a release.

As far as Rocksteady, multiple insiders are pointing towards this E3 finally being the year Rocksteady debuts their next title (rumored to be create own superhero shlooter).

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
According to F4r0_Atak WBM's next game (rumored to be Batman co-op) most likely will not be revealed this year.

Disheartening, seeing as they've gone over six years without a release.

As far as Rocksteady, multiple insiders are pointing towards this E3 finally being the year Rocksteady debuts their next title (rumored to be create own superhero shlooter).
Wait... when was there a rumor of a Batman co-op game? Wasn't their rumored co-op game cancelled or rebooted a few years after working on Batman Arkham Origins? Also, I am no "insider" as you seem to be hinting. So, don't go share information (using a "status") that was not vERAfied and/or approved by mods. Beside, it was only info I heard. I could be wrong and things could change. For a long time, I was under the impression that Rocksteady could be further along than we think because of the rumors regarding projects having been cancelled and/or rebooted at Warner Bros Montreal.

Furthermore, they have NOT gone over six years without a release. They have helped with Mortal Kombat X, Injustice 2, Shadow of War and Mortal Kombat 11 in recent years. Warner Bros Montreal are a development studio as much as they are a support studio for other Warner Bros internal projects (like the ones mentioned). If they helped work on these games, they still count as part of their releases too.

EDIT: Okay, I just found the thread on ERA. source: https://www.resetera.com/threads/rumour-wb-games-montreal-batman-game-concept-art-leaked.93574/

Last edited:
OP
OP
est1992

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Wait... when was there a rumor of a Batman co-op game? Wasn't their rumored co-op game cancelled or rebooted a few years after working on Batman Arkham Origins? Also, I am no "insider" as you seem to be hinting. So, don't go share information (using a "status") that was not vERAfied and/or approved by mods. Beside, it was only info I heard. I could be wrong and things could change. For a long time, I was under the impression that Rocksteady could be further along than we think because of the rumors regarding projects having been cancelled and/or rebooted at Warner Bros Montreal.

Furthermore, they have NOT gone over six years without a release. They have helped with Mortal Kombat X, Injustice 2, Shadow of War and Mortal Kombat 11 in recent years. Warner Bros Montreal are a development studio as much as they are a support studio for other Warner Bros internal projects (like the ones mentioned). If they helped work on these games, they still count as part of their releases too.

EDIT: Okay, I just found the thread on ERA. source: https://www.resetera.com/threads/rumour-wb-games-montreal-batman-game-concept-art-leaked.93574/
The rumor of a Batman co-op game has come from leaked job listings on LinkedIn. The leak you have at the bottom of your post is completely wrong and has already been debunked. Here are the real sources:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/wa...ld-dc-game-damian-batman-maybe-canceled.4175/
https://www.resetera.com/threads/wb...ext-gen-multiplayer-new-ip-probably-dc.75248/
https://www.resetera.com/threads/wb-montreal-working-on-2-open-world-dc-universe-games.75691/

The only reason I listed you as insider was because in your post you said the "mods could verify my info if they want" which means you have inside information. Hence the phrase insider.

And lastly, yeah it's been like six years. Nobody counts those other games as a release for them. Look everywhere on this sub, on reddit, on social media and everyone talks about how it's been nearly six years since they released something. Nobody counts those support projects as a release. Only the internal stuff.

Rob Burton

Jul 28, 2022
PS2 San Andreas was 114 square miles, while GTA V San Andreas was 49 square miles

The Superman Returns tie in game had a bizarre but sort of interesting "cascading" look for Metropolis
minigamesvq7.jpg
What is the source of this Superman Returns map? I've been looking for a guide or manual for this game. Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.