• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

floridaguy954

Oct 29, 2017
Visuals are fine.

Chill my dudes. They're not the best but far from bad.

Gimme Z.W.E.I now.
You're right, the visuals are fine. That doesn't mean that the visuals aren't disappointingly underwhelming because they are to me.

The screenshots and videos show low polygon counts and "approximated" material shaders that were all but the norm during last generation (lots of Xbox 360/PS3 era rendering techniques).

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Official screenshots released, more at the link https://imgur.com/a/mnzCVFh

gEYVhZV.png

BcTfCVr.png

MUJcwpY.png

Hnnng look at those abs.

Looks like BN heard us talking about graphics

Preordered. Thanks for this. I hope the release date isn't November or some shit.

Kyora90

Apr 15, 2018
Boob armor and collant
Why does the character you posted had to be Taki, and not a new character? Everyone knows Taki by her latex ninja outfit and shenanigans stuff, and another 2 reasons. It's the same as wanting Chun to be a woman with a police suit and with smal thighs.

2+2=5

Oct 29, 2017
Why does the character you posted had to be Taki, and not a new character? Everyone knows Taki by her latex ninja outfit and shenanigans stuff, and another 2 reasons. It's the same as wanting Chun to be a woman with a police suit and with smal thighs.
What does what i said have to do with smaller thighs?

Funny that you named Chun-Li because she also has a skin tight outfit, but it isn't as ridiculous and sexualized as Taki

Taki is a badass ninja so i want her to look badass, let's be honest the current design could have been bearable years ago, but now it's more ridiculous than anything else imo.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Taki is a badass ninja so i want her to look badass, let's be honest the current design could have been bearable years ago, but now it's more ridiculous than anything else.
Huh? What has changed since "years ago" that has made the current outfit go from bearable to ridiculous?
If anything I think it's less ridiculous now since they've toned down the bounce.

Oct 27, 2017
Am I the only one who despises the art style in SC6 which is basically Tekken 7's look? I don't know how to call it...maybe puke-filter?
I want my clean looking fighting games back. And cut down on those Anime FX as well, thx.

I know I will get trashed

Kyora90

Apr 15, 2018

Funny that you named Chun-Li because she also has a skin tight outfit, but it isn't as ridiculous and sexualized as Taki

Taki is a badass ninja so i want her to look badass, let's be honest the current design could have been bearable years ago, but now it's more ridiculous than anything else imo.
She's literally using the same latex stuff as Taki, the only difference is that you can't see her chest. Taki's design is much less sexualized now than never.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is weird, because in one hand Taki, Sophitia and others are as sexualized as ever, but they removed (mostly) the jiggle boobs, like, somehow, trying to reach a middle ground that accomplishes nothing in the end.

2+2=5

Oct 29, 2017
Huh? What has changed since "years ago" that has made the current outfit go from bearable to ridiculous?
If anything I think it's less ridiculous now since they've toned down the bounce.
She's literally using the same latex stuff as Taki, the only difference is that you can't see her chest. Taki's design is much less sexualized now than never.
Can you really look at that boob window, not just a normal boob window but a window that separates the boobs so much, and say that it's ok and fits the image of a serious ninja?

Taki isn't dressed, she has body paint, for the sake of sexualization.

Nov 18, 2017
No outfit in the real world skin hugs each individual breast like Taki's outfit in these games.
Coupled with the metal support underneath that basically squeezes and pushes them out.
And unlike Ivy there's no reasonable justification. And it's clearly not body paint if you look at the high-res images.

It looks preposterous and stupid. I just can't believe none of the devs looked at that and thought, maybe we could tone it down a little... add a chest plate, or at least make the outfit cover both breasts rather than wraparound each.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Is weird, because in one hand Taki, Sophitia and others are as sexualized as ever, but they removed (mostly) the jiggle boobs, like, somehow, trying to reach a middle ground that accomplishes nothing in the end.
This thread would be twice as long if the bounce was as in SCIV, no doubt about that. But I think they're in a very successful way flirting with the old SC fans now, and if that means that they had to tone down the bounce to not get the media/boards outraged when showing off Taki and Ivy in their original state then I think it was all worth it to go for that middle ground.
The Shyamalan twist would be if they just went with a bounce setting in the video menu like DOA and set it to low here to dodge a bullet at the launch hype ;)

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
No outfit in the real world skin hugs each individual breast like Taki's outfit in these games.
Coupled with the metal support underneath that basically squeezes and pushes them out.
And unlike Ivy there's no reasonable justification.

It looks preposterous and stupid. I just can't believe none of the devs looked at that and thought, maybe we could tone it down a little... add a chest plate, or at least make the outfit cover both breasts rather than wraparound each.

They were never going to change it since it is has been her design since the start of the franchise.

Nov 18, 2017
Unlike DOA, not one person on this entire planet played Soul Edge/Blade/Calibur because of the tits.

They were never going to change it since it is has been her design since the start of the franchise.

It's gotten worse with each iteration and now it's like some stubborn principle with Japanese fighting game devs.

They treat their female characters like it's a Carry On film. Balloon tits everywhere. It's just utterly shite design. Immature games for teenage boys.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Have you seen chun in modern street fighter? She's constantly fighting in the coldest environment of all time

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Unlike DOA, not one person on this entire planet played Soul Edge/Blade/Calibur because of the tits.

It's gotten worse with each iteration and now it's like some stubborn principle with Japanese fighting game devs.

They treat their female characters like it's a Carry On film. Balloon tits everywhere. It's just utterly shite design. Immature games for teenage boys.
Can't just look at Ivy, Taki and Sophitia, I'd say that Soul Calibur has had more variety than most games.

GLHFGodbless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Her tits arent balloon enough in this game, the downgrade is ridiculous, I might not buy because of it.

Scratch that, hopefully you can make a CaS with max chest to make up for it. Dont fail me Namco.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
You would think they use adoptive tessellation to smooth out any rough polygonal edges this gen.

Q_Pippin

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
User Banned (Permanent) : Repeated instances of trolling in gender/representation topics. History of similar infractions.
idk why people are getting bent over the mask

I'm sure there are ways to take it off with button combinations/alts or better yet in customization

and this will help the sad folks upset about her form fitting true to origins attire, maybe they will throw in some kneepads, kevlar vests, and nun habits to mask possible "embarrassment" from your dog's girlfriend.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Hm, if nothing else, it looks like there's a little shadowing on the eyes now, compared to the phosphorescent cartoon eyes from earlier reveals.

FluffyQuack

Nov 27, 2017
Am I the only one who despises the art style in SC6 which is basically Tekken 7's look? I don't know how to call it...maybe puke-filter?
I want my clean looking fighting games back. And cut down on those Anime FX as well, thx.

I know I will get trashed
There's definitely big similarities to Tekken 7's artstyle, but at least there's no signs of the image quality being tampered with. Tekken 7 went a bit overboard with film grain and chromatic aberration, and there's no signs of either in SC6.

Realeza

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User warned: inappropriate and dismissive commentary. A video game forum is not a boys' club.
Not picking on you but I'm pretty over seeing people post gifs of sweating men whenever there's a picture posted of a sexualized video game character.

It's pretty gross.

Chill bro. You are in a freaking gaming forum lol.

Oct 25, 2017
It is not enough that Taki is back.
I want them to go back and deny the existence of Natsu.
She wasn't born yet in the year this game takes place, unless her birth was retconned to be earlier.
Her tits arent balloon enough in this game, the downgrade is ridiculous, I might not buy because of it.
This is a joke, right?
Not picking on you but I'm pretty over seeing people post gifs of sweating men whenever there's a picture posted of a sexualized video game character.

It's pretty gross.
I've definitely seen enough of it the other way around to not really care.

Freshmaker

Oct 28, 2017
Which is a bit of a shame. Makes it more unreadable and focus on it for no reason.
But to be fair, Bamco went down this route ages ago, I miss when it was more subtle.
That doesn't really matter since that's just contained within that RE minigame thing. You don't get to read anything in that mess.