Status
Not open for further replies.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
For the guys asking about vr: dont hesitate a second... its my best gaming choice i have made since coming back to gaming all those years ago..

Also i think i will lose some weight while playing saber beat, wonderful experience.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
See my post #16901 lol

Do we have any peeps from Brazil who can confirm if the article the rumour comes from is correct, and did they receive an email with that info?

They were the only ones to post about that. The largest sites (IGN, The Enemy and Uol Games) have not posted anything yet. I believe that even they did not believe much, since they could not confirm if the email was real or not.

Some translation:

According to an e-mail that we received from a supposed Sony Brazil, everything indicates that we will see both games (GoT and Death Stranding) at the TGA. The update was based on a message sent by a seemingly reliable source, PlayStation itself in Brazil. In it, it was mentioned that the presented trailers can bring the release date of the games. So, we can define that both Death Stranding and Ghost of Tsushima are not that far from their release. This is because, in announcing the date, they suggest that both are in an advanced stage of production.

Unless it's an email with NDA, and they broke the deal.

Last edited:

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I feel like if Sony had Dreams, Ghost of Tsushima and The Last of Us Part II to show off we would have gotten a PSX. Throw in Concrete Genie, some Day's Gone (would be about 4.5 months before release, I'm sure they can show something new), some third party stuff (new games and upcoming DLC) and you'd have a nice show.

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia
They were the only ones to post about that. The largest sites (IGN, The Enemy and Uol Games) have not posted anything yet. I believe that even they did not believe much, since they could not confirm if the email was real or not.

Some translation:

Unless it's an email with NDA, and they broke the deal.

They could have confirmed the authenticity by examining the email header...top quality journalism...

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
they should have another HouseMarque launch title like Resogun or Super Stardust

have a Resogun 2 at launch
I like this idea too.

Never knew that this R&C Story Trailer had more then 7 million views

pretty crazy

wasn't this the best selling R&C game or something?

Really hope they're working on another at least for PS5 in addition to Spider-Man 2.

Also, that's awesome, didn't realize the R&C story trailer had that many views either. Great!

Last edited:

madmisterf

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like if Sony had Dreams, Ghost of Tsushima and The Last of Us Part II to show off we would have gotten a PSX. Throw in Concrete Genie, some Day's Gone (would be about 4.5 months before release, I'm sure they can show something new), some third party stuff (new games and upcoming DLC) and you'd have a nice show.

Maybe Sony would rather the studios focus on finishing the games in time instead of putting together a gameplay demo. And if they have new trailers they can always show them at TGA.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Gran Turismo 7
Dreams
Ratchet and Clank 2
Indy blowout
Cross gen TLOU2/Death stranding

Solid PS5 launch?

Oct 31, 2017
Gran Turismo 7
Dreams
Ratchet and Clank 2
Indy blowout
Cross gen TLOU2/Death stranding

Solid PS5 launch?

I've never known Sony to have a tremendous amount of first party games at launch. Even the heralded PS2 had one (Fantavision), not including the bad sports games they made that year.

I also doubt Dreams will be a PS5 launch game instead of a 2019 game, and I wouldn't expect that quick a turnaround for Gran Turismo.

famikon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ベラルーシ
Remember getting Contrast free with PS4?
giphy.gif

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
You'll get R&C, DeS and some sort of b-tier arcade racer and you'll be happy with it.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Maybe that's the unannounced game Benji talking about.

Hope it would debut at TGA 2018 at least.

Then full blown at E3 2019 someways.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
You're in danger of building this 'Unannounced Benji Game' up to be the next 'Secret BBC PS3 Exclusive'.

Of course Sony will publish more games on PS4, why wouldn't it?

Oct 30, 2017
April 2016 - Ratchet and Clank - inSomniac Team 1
January 2017 - Gravity Rush 2 - Team Siren
February 2017 - Horizon - Guerilla Games
October 2017 - Gran Turismo Sport - Polyphony
February 2018 - Shadow of Collosus - Bluepoint Games

The studios that have had the longest development time without a announced upcoming game. There are also other potential partnerships with Capcom and Square Enix.

Horizon 2 and Team Siren Game has the best chance to make it for PS5 as a launch game in 2020. Gran Turismo 7 and Bluepoint next remake would be 2021 at the earliest. Ratchet 2 will probably be a surprise PS4 title that could even come out in 2019.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm thinking Intelligent Qube for PS5 launch, now with more trees, more Cinematics, more feels.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Here one more info about the new SSM projict:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/adimento
It's started at least in July = 4 months.
p_1055a4ja01.png
Could be this person worked on NG+ which was released in july 20th, so the project has probably been going on a little further back.

Have Benji said anything about that supposed unannonced game?
all we know about this game is its a major unannounced exclusives, that is neither VR and not Remake.
I will say benji mentioned a few days ago that "pretty much all big first party games are already announced", so either he meant the major exclusive is a third party game, or the game was pushed to PS5.

Last edited:

Evangelista

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
April 2016 - Ratchet and Clank - inSomniac Team 1
January 2017 - Gravity Rush 2 - Team Siren
February 2017 - Horizon - Guerilla Games
October 2017 - Gran Turismo Sport - Polyphony
February 2018 - Shadow of Collosus - Bluepoint Games

The studios that have had the longest development time without a announced upcoming game. There are also other potential partnerships with Capcom and Square Enix.

Horizon 2 and Team Siren Game has the best chance to make it for PS5 as a launch game in 2020. Gran Turismo 7 and Bluepoint next remake would be 2021 at the earliest. Ratchet 2 will probably be a surprise PS4 title that could even come out in 2019.
Bluepoint is not a Sony studio and we are not sure they are working on a Sony ip. To be honest I think they are not.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Honestly I'd love one of the big studios to take on VR in a big way. I also love Horizon. Conflicted...
the budget would be to high for the revenue, this will surely just cause losses, unless if sony are willing to take these losses to make VR more widespread, but i HEAVILY doubt the will go that far.

Bluepoint is not a Sony studio and we are not sure they are working on a Sony ip. To be honest I think they are not.
considering sony just published BP's probably best selling game ever (SotC), it would be strange if they will remake for someone else now.

Ozorov

Oct 26, 2017
Could be this person worked on NG+ which was released in july 20th, so the project has probably been going on a little further back.

all we know about this game is its a major unannounced exclusives, that is neither VR and not Remake.
I will say benji mentioned a few days ago that "pretty much all big first party games are already announced", so either he meant the major exclusive is a third party game, or the game was pushed to PS5.
I see. Maybe we will know after TGA

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
It's too thin to be worth its own thread (though here it can be seen as off topic since they aren't a FP Sony studio) but a former QD employee who has been covering the toxic allegations and lawsuits from other employees claims a "Chinese company" is about to buy into the capital of the company.

https://twitter.com/MarieSmog/status/1065193255854329856

15-10-2018, General Meeting, employees of Quantic Dream have been told about the entry of a large Chinese company into the capital of the company.

The signature agreement was* meant to be done within 15 days, Sony is OK with that?

The last part about SONY is a bit weird since, AFAIK, SONY has no shares in QD. Then she might be meaning "Would SONY be okay working with QD while another company / competitor (?) is a shareholder of QD?".

Worth pointing QD was looking last month for an in-house lawyer, a financial controller and a staff ressources manager.

Edit: Correction on the last sentence of the tweet, the deal should be already signed if everything went as planned.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.