Status
Not open for further replies.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Demon's Souls, i almost forgot that this game existed even though it's my favourite Souls after Bloodborne. Kinda makes me wonder what will happen to the ip if Sony released a remaster or a remake. Will they move on? it's kinda hard to imagine Demon's Souls 2 after Dark Souls trilogy.
They just need to find a way to continue Bloodborne, it's basically the spiritual successor to Demons...

Remake demons
Sequel to Bloodborne

Should satisfy many fans for PS5 gen honestly. Just need the director back on the project, Sony's WWS are more than capable with the proper direction.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
I would not be able to play a DeS remake if they didn't manage to overhaul the combat as well. The combat is DeS is a literal downgrade from even something like Dark Souls 1, which in itself feels much worse than Dark Souls 3. And then we aren't even taking into account Bloodborne or Sekiro.
It'll be interesting, if it is Demon's Souls, to what degree it'll be reworked.

The level and encounter designs are already fully baked in the original, it's a lot more polished than 1/2 were certainly. But I'd want to see actual design changes. Of course the actual feel needs updating to more like DkS3 (as it's about as quick as Demon's), but I'd also want to see healing grasses totally reworked, and I think the stats should be cleaned up significantly.

Everyone wants the extra world restored, which, sure, I want that of course, but I have more fundamental issues I'd hope to see addressed personally.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It'll be interesting, if it is Demon's Souls, to what degree it'll be reworked.

The level and encounter designs are already fully baked in the original, it's a lot more polished than 1/2 were certainly. But I'd want to see actual design changes. Of course the actual feel needs updating to more like DkS3 (as it's about as quick as Demon's), but I'd also want to see healing grasses totally reworked, and I think the stats should be cleaned up significantly.

Everyone wants the extra world restored, which, sure, I want that of course, but I have more fundamental issues I'd hope to see addressed personally.

I REALLY hope they dont mess with level design.

Changes I would like is getting rid of item limit in the inventory. That shit was so bad. I hate inventory management.

Combat wise I agree they should try to update it a little because the game is quite loose compared to the others.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
I REALLY hope they dont mess with level design.

Changes I would like is getting rid of item limit in the inventory. That shit was so bad. I hate inventory management.

Combat wise I agree they should try to update it a little because the game is quite loose compared to the others.
Yeah, the looting is rough in that game, you can seriously max out your weight if you're not on top of storing your upgrade materials and stuff, it's just shitty design that doesn't benefit the experience at all.

EDIT: I don't want to make it sound like I think the game's bad, it's great, especially at the time, but they've made significant leaps in the user experience since, and I hope they'd be reflected if it was ever returned to.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Super Sony Wrestling Bros

---

Never knew that this R&C Story Trailer had more then 7 million views

pretty crazy

wasn't this the best selling R&C game or something?

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Only 1h30 of playing Beat Saber and I can barely lift my arms to type. I'm a complete human waste when it comes to sports activities, but that game is the best way to made me remember that.

By the way there are 50 users streaming the game from their PS4 right now, I don't think I've ever seen a number this "high" for a VR game.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Only 1h30 of playing Beat Saber and I can barely lift my arms to type. I'm a complete human waste when it comes to sports activities, but that game is the best way to made me remember that.

By the way there are 50 users streaming the game from their PS4 right now, I don't think I've ever seen a number this "high" for a VR game.

Beat Saber is really great !

Hopefully it will help to sell many headsets, timing is perfect with black friday.

Clocian

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 23, 2018
On the verge of copping a PSVR Astrobot + Moss bundle for a $100 on amazon. With my employee discount, and trading in 4 games that total $70. Haven't experienced VR yet, but I really want to get into it. Should I pull the trigger ;o or wait for psvr2?

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way

Pretty sure that's not first party or even exclusive.
Super Sony Wrestling Bros

---

Never knew that this R&C Story Trailer had more then 7 million views

pretty crazy

wasn't this the best selling R&C game or something?

It was the fastest selling in terms of unit sales, not sure how its total now compares to other entries in the series. Worth remembering that unlike its predecessors, it was a budget release, which will certainly have helped. 30fps aside, the game was an absolute blast but I think A Crack In Time is probably my favourite. I really, really hope Insomniac will find the bandwidth to do more Ratchet in addition to the inevitable Spider-Man 2 - I get goosebumps just imagining a PS5 Ratchet!!

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
If a DeS remake is happening, I think it would be beneficial for newcomers to not to have to deal with the Tenancy System, that made things quite obtuse that were complicated enough in relation to the character quests. That and getting rid of item weight for the stones you use for upgrades, there were times when I accidently lost out on valuable items in a playthrough because I didn't have the item space, like the Hat you need to get access to the tower to rescue Yuria The Witch. Felt bad for not being able to rescue her on my first playthrough.

Will be checking out the Dreams stream, should be good fun :)

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure that's not first party or even exclusive.

It was the fastest selling in terms of unit sales, not sure how its total now compares to other entries in the series. Worth remembering that unlike its predecessors, it was a budget release, which will certainly have helped. 30fps aside, the game was an absolute blast but I think A Crack In Time is probably my favourite. I really, really hope Insomniac will find the bandwidth to do more Ratchet in addition to the inevitable Spider-Man 2 - I get goosebumps just imagining a PS5 Ratchet!!
I am not stupid ok lol

Oct 27, 2017
On the verge of copping a PSVR Astrobot + Moss bundle for a $100 on amazon. With my employee discount, and trading in 4 games that total $70. Haven't experienced VR yet, but I really want to get into it. Should I pull the trigger ;o or wait for psvr2?

I'm happy to be a VR player since October 2016 but discovering VR with Astro Bot must be the equivalent of playing Super Mario 64 for the first time in 1996 (considering you've known the 8 and 16-bit era to feel the impact).

The Astro Bot + Moss bundle is back on Amazon.com indeed, it was sold out yesterday.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna

Pull the trigger when you have interest in a fascinating new entertainment medium :)

PSVR2 will imo not come before one or two years after PS5 launch and will cost much more than actual discounts.
And I believe strong that PS5 will have BC for PSVR1.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
It was Insomniac's most successful game before the release of Spider-Man.

Oct 31, 2017
Ghost of Tsushima release date ? After only one trailer ? Lmao. Not happening.

Haven't there been two (initial reveal in Paris and full gameplay trailer at this year's E3)?

Still, there's no way I see all their announced games releasing a year before PS5, so something or a couple of them have to be 2020, and GoT may very well be it. I can't bet any which way what's gonna happen lol.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
man if Dreams, GOT, and Deaths Stranding are all 2019
5E4C19F0894BF4E6EC1731203C36769432A30B00

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA
HA
HAAAAAAAAAAAA

Do it

not going to happen though

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Ghost of Tsushima release date ? After only one trailer ? Lmao. Not happening.
I hope somebody with time actually goes through and re-posts all these obnoxious posts of people pretending they have a clue on what is really going to show if 2/3 main games are slated for 2019 during the award show.

The police duo we didn't know we wanted/needed. Man, a sequel with those two as the focus would be Godlike for next gen. Detroit got hosed by reviews unfortunately.

Father Kratos

Oct 30, 2017

I got this on Sunday. Have played the demos from demo disk, TLG VR, watched Alumette and Invasion! and almost two hours into Moss. I'm already feeling like I've got more than what I've paid for :)

Clocian

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 23, 2018
I'm happy to be a VR player since October 2016 but discovering VR with Astro Bot must be the equivalent of playing Super Mario 64 for the first time in 1996 (considering you've known the 8 and 16-bit era to feel the impact).

The Astro Bot + Moss bundle is back on Amazon.com indeed, it was sold out yesterday.

Pull the trigger when you have interest in a fascinating new entertainment medium :)

PSVR2 will imo not come before one or two years after PS5 launch and will cost much more than actual discounts.
And I believe strong that PS5 will have BC for PSVR1.

I got this on Sunday. Have played the demos from demo disk, TLG VR, watched Alumette and Invasion! and almost two hours into Moss. I'm already feeling like I've got more than what I've paid for :)

Thank you all. I've bit...Now an owner of PSVR! I just love playstation ;). Stinks it wont get here til next tuesday but meh I've got homework to do anyway.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
So is the rumor of Death Stranding, Dreams, and Ghost of Tsushima's release dates being announced at TGA fake? Or is it actually plausible? I have faith in a 2019 release for Death Stranding, and Dreams seems like a safe bet too. Ghost of Tsushima's the one I'm not sure about... Either that or The Last of Us Part II will be the last major game of the PS4. I'd prefer if it was TLOU to make sure it goes out on the biggest bang possible.
they should have another HouseMarque launch title like Resogun or Super Stardust

have a Resogun 2 at launch
I wish Housemarque would go back to doing arcade games. Resogun never gets old, it's so damn fun.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Helldivers is one of my favorite PS4 games and probably the best co-op game Sony has put out.

I really hope they're working with Arrow Head studios again for a sequel.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
So is the rumor of Death Stranding, Dreams, and Ghost of Tsushima's release dates being announced at TGA fake? Or is it actually plausible?
Dreams 'beta' being shadow dropped at TGA a near certainty. It's quite realistic for them to attach a release date to it because I think the beta will roll into the full release pretty seamlessly.

Death Stranding I think is going to have a gameplay and story blowout. Troy Baker said the voice acting is pretty much done, it's been in the "polishing phase" for quite a while, and is also being localised right now. I think they'll be comfortable revealing a date for it.

Ghost of Tsushima, I'm less sure about.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
So...looks like Sony may have underestimated the PS4 selling ability with their fiscal sales goal

October 2018 unit sales of PlayStation 4 reached the highest mark for any PlayStation hardware platform in an October month since the PlayStation 2 in October 2002.

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
I ordered a PsVR today but I won't be able to try it out until early December.
Should I get move controllers right away or is there enough stuff to play without them?

Status
Not open for further replies.