Status
Not open for further replies.

Calm Killer

Oct 25, 2017
Your argument works against you, pal. You think it's clever to enter the console business right now when there are 3 competitors already doing their thing? Sony, MS, and Nintendo already made a market. A new player has to get the hardware expertise, the infrastructure, building up studios, etc. billions of dollars to penetrate the business with next-gen already lurking? Lol

But with a streaming service, you don't need a console.

Evangelista

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
Sony I just want Kojima Studios, insomniac, bluepoint, quantic dream and Codemasters. Will gonna have all your holes covered for next gen.

Less than that and I will be disappointed

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
You're argument works against you, pal. You think it's clever to enter the console business right now when there are 3 competitors already doing their thing? Sony, MS and Nintendo already made a market. A new player has to get the hardware expertise, the infrastructure, building up studios, etc. billions of dollars to penetrate the business with next gen already lurking? Lol
Hey guy...I said streaming...requires no console. :P So no, my argument doesn't work against me...

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
12 new pages since last afternoon???

giphy.gif

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
If it is a Quantic Dream acquisition announcement then get your David Cage bingo cards ready, because that clusterfuck of a thread is going to have all the hot topics and controversies covered.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
The constant bemoaning the lack of studio purchases is really tiresome.

Having said that, buy DoubleFine for fucksake.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
He's not wrong, though. That airport sucks.
I'm at CDG every couple of months and it does suck.

And it's totally backwards, especially when you realise that the domestic terminals (internal flights) are full of restaurants to eat at whilst you wait for your flight, but the international terminals have little more than a Pret and a RELAY.

The saving grace though was the 'classic gaming' pop-up they had at the terminal a few months ago - where I got to play some classic arcade games whilst waiting for my flight :)

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017

I always wonder how DoubleFine survives as a moderate sized independent developer in the Bay Area. I guess the remasters of Tim's old adventure games do/did pretty well because it seems like they don't release much and when they do it's pretty niche.

Ravic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Sony first party is doing fine, I don't see why would she needed to buy any studio.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018

You can't deny there wouldn't be a lot more hype around the brand if Sony was on that road too.

Instead we gotta rile ourselves up over the tiniest hint and rather than expecting the best of it we've got people who aren't sure if it'll even be positive news.

Franco_Tech

Oct 30, 2017
The only studios that Sony had to acquire is Insomniac because is not Microsoft is there buying whatever they want. I would love From Software but it was acquired a few years ago.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
I always wonder how DoubleFine survives as a moderate sized independent developer in the Bay Area. I guess the remasters of Tim's old adventure games do/did pretty well because it seems like they don't release much and when they do it's pretty niche.
Maybe they're fine, but I get butterflies in my stomach every time I'm reminded of them. I just don't see how they're staying afloat. If they can keep it going, dope, but yeah, if a publisher can grab them and keep them independent and financially strong, they should.

I'm half surprised Valve has bought them honestly.
You can't deny there wouldn't be a lot more hype around the brand if Sony was on that road too.

Instead we gotta rile ourselves up over the tiniest hint and rather than expecting the best of it we've got people who aren't sure if it'll even be positive news.
As much as hype is entertaining for gifs and meltdowns on Era and elsewhere, it's hardly a valuable commodity in the manner in which we're talking.

How many of the 200/250m console gamers really know about the studios operated by the first parties? It's a tiny amount, and most of them buy all the consoles anyway. It's not valuable in the market performance of those platforms.

It's been bizarre to see the idea that Sony needs to look to MS for leadership. When you're winning a race by double, you don't stop to ask the loser for tips.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
It's been a while since that thread was so active. I love it.

Let's see what Sony has in store for us.

Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere South
HZD is most definitely an Open World Action RPG. Now, you might personally be of the opinion that ARPGs aren't RPGs and, eh, I guess one could make a case for that. They'd be wrong, but they could make a case for it :D

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Every 2 hours we're getting some kind of news on Playstation twitter.

So In 2 hours the big news are dropping.

Begaria

Oct 27, 2017
HZD is most definitely an Open World Action RPG. Now, you might personally be of the opinion that ARPGs aren't RPGs and, eh, I guess one could make a case for that. They'd be wrong, but they could make a case for it :D

It's ESRB rated and Sony rated as an open world Action RPG, so you're right, and there's zero argument against it.

https://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsis.aspx?Certificate=34770&Title=Horizon:+Zero+Dawn

https://store.playstation.com/en-ca/product/UP9000-CUSA10237_00-HRZCE00000000000

Oct 27, 2017
Who said one NEEDED to replace a console?

Dude, we're running in circles...
People in here are hyped because the mods teased something related to next gen.
Even if Apple announced a streaming service today, Era wouldn't be too hyped about it considering how PS Now and game streaming is perceived on this board.

You can happily feed me some crow, but I stand by what I've responded to you "0 % chance".
You were the guy who predicted that MS will announce a combined gamepass + gold sub before E3. Your track record isn't the best when it comes to bold predictions and I bet my ass that you were team "no way Scorpio will be sold at 500$" at the old place ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.