balgajo

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The only bad Spider-man movies imo was TASM 1 and FFH. Those were the only one where I felt that the ticket was not worth.
TASM 2 and Spider-man 3 I remember leaving the movies happy. They became dumb when I rewatched them.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
why would anyone want this

every multi-villain spider-man movie has been a fucking mess
Spider-Verse had Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Scorpion, Prowler, Tombstone and Kingpin.

Well we are 5 months away from Sony launching their own Cinematic Universe and we'll have a trailer in the coming weeks, so we can see if they have indeed learned anything with regards to comic book films.

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Spider-Verse had Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Scorpion, Prowler, Tombstone and Kingpin.

Well we are 5 months away from Sony launching their own Cinematic Universe and we'll have a trailer in the coming weeks, so we can see if they have indeed learned anything with regards to comic book films.

There are so many more interesting Valiant characters to launch the universe with imo. I'm not sure what Bloodshot will bring to the table.

Spacejaws

"This guy are sick" of the One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland

thor2izz.jpg

bossmonkey

Avenger
Nov 9, 2017
I never understood the TASM stuff. It's not a good movie....but it's not bad either, it's okay, and it made good money. Things don't have to be the best thing since sliced bread or literal dog crap on a Kaiser. But alas, the world we live in

TASM 2 netted Sony 70 million on a 790 million gross. That's a massive flop in the film industry.

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
what I'm afraid of is that Sony will release the next Spidey movie and everyone goes to see it and it makes a ton of money even if the quality is poor (like Venom) further encouraging Sony to continue

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully Morbius bombing next year will make Sony think twice about their planned shared universe. Haha, who am I kidding? Of course it won't.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
There are so many more interesting Valiant characters to launch the universe with imo. I'm not sure what Bloodshot will bring to the table.
It was supposed to launch with Harbinger but it's been reshuffled. The other films in development (Faith, Shadowman, Archer and Armstrong) don't seem to be better for general audiences, IMO. X-O would have been good.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Because despite what the internet would like you to believe, he's good at his job?

Now surely, you might argue that he can't make good movies, but of the leading best picture candidates for this year, 3 are from Sony Pictures (Once Upon A Time in Hollywood, A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood, Little Women). And his Fox legacy isn't too bad with 150 nominations and 3 best picture wins.
hes good when it comes to non superhero movies but when it comes to those he hates them

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Who did Spider-verse? I generally enjoyed it
Sony, but for what it's worth, they supposedly had little influence on it because they didn't believe it would perform well. That left the writers have more creative freedom to take chances. Not sure how true that is but I've heard that in the box office threads multiple times.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Love all the Spider-Verse replies to criticism that the live-action Spider-Man movies are going to go back to being shit-tier movies. Sony isn't smart enough to let them near the live-action films.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
*reads quote*

nah, this doesn't change shit. My view is the same as it's been since the news broke: while by no means a foregone conclusion, a Sony/Marvel compromise is more likely than not, and until/unless Sony makes more concrete steps towards starting production of a new Spider-Man solo film on its own (release date, director, casting, production start date, etc.), I'm not losing sleep over it

and like everyone else, I will be shocked if Morbius doesn't bomb

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
Morbius is no Venom. Venom was successful due to name recognition.
I never understood this line of reasoning. If the movie is visually appealing then it has a chance to make money. Like marvel made ant man a success? IMO aquaman was bad but that made money. Obviously I don't think morbius is going to make nearly as much as venom.

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
I never understood this line of reasoning. If the movie is visually appealing then it has a chance to make money. Like marvel made ant man a success? IMO aquaman was bad but that made money. Obviously I don't think morbius is going to make nearly as much as venom.

Morbius isn't even on that level. If Ant-Man is B-list, then Morbius is like E-list.

Deleted member 40133

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Yeah, that shitty fucking accent Tom Hardy came up with while high in the trailer before the first day of filming. Nailed it!

A+ work, Tom. Christ.

Take a breath and step back maybe, since when is casting Tom Hardy a bad decision? Some actors make the decisions they make and you can't change it. Did you know that when Samuel l Jackson was cast as the bad guy in Kingsman the director wanted the complete opposite of what he got? What do you do? Recast midway through filming? That rarely works out well. I don't know why people are getting so worked up when some nice things are said about non MCU Spidey movies. How about this

Spidey 1: has not aged very well

Spidey 2: amazing movie to this day

Spidey 3: trash

TASM 1: more faithful Parker, okay movie

TASM 2: trash

Spiderverse: best Spiderman movie. Anecdotal, but I personally know people who give no shits about superhero movies let alone Spidey crying by the end.

Sony can make good non MCU Spidey movies, and make bad ones. The whole concept of they "can't" is quite frankly ridiculous. It's like people forget when Disney almost went bankrupt, or the myriad of bad movies they've made themselves

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
Take a breath and step back maybe, since when is casting Tom Hardy a bad decision? Some actors make the decisions they make and you can't change it. Did you know that when Samuel l Jackson was cast as the bad guy in Kingsman the director wanted the complete opposite of what he got? What do you do? Recast midway through filming? That rarely works out well. I don't know why people are getting so worked up when some nice things are said about non MCU Spidey movies. How about this

Spidey 1: has not aged very well

Spidey 2: amazing movie to this day

Spidey 3: trash

TASM 1: more faithful Parker, okay movie

TASM 2: trash

Spiderverse: best Spiderman movie. Anecdotal, but I personally know people who give no shits about superhero movies let alone Spidey crying by the end.

Sony can make good non MCU Spidey movies, and make bad ones. The whole concept of they "can't" is quite frankly ridiculous. It's like people forget when Disney almost went bankrupt, or the myriad of bad movies they've made themselves

My trepidation comes from the fact that most of Sony's output from the last decade has been garbage.