Deleted member 48828

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 21, 2018
Really hard to take a subjective video seriously if they can't even get the objective, factually verifiable piece in their video right.

Hey. Hey buddy. Hey. Yeah, I already proved there was no inaccuracy when the guy clarified his "point." How about read the thread before posting something wrong?

I'm not seeing the innaccuracy. He was talking about what Disney wanted to happen, which was to split half the profits of SM movies going forward, and how that would go down if a future spiderman film made 1bilion. Nothing about what happened with FFM. Not that any of this is public information anyway.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
No one is going to pay the amount Sony would ask.

Paying Billions for film rights would be insane, but that's exactly What Sony would want.
Depends on how many billion

If Spider-Man doesn't come with a Sony Pictures sale, it absolutely makes sense to sell him before, even if it's for less than Sony ideally wants.

But I'm not convinced the rights to Spider-Man are non transferrable like a lot of people think anyway.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Depends on how many billion

If Spider-Man doesn't come with a Sony Pictures sale, it absolutely makes sense to sell him before, even if it's for less than Sony ideally wants.

But I'm not convinced the rights to Spider-Man are non transferrable like a lot of people think anyway.

I don't think any sane company would spend multiple billion Live action film rights alone. There are better ways to spend a billion dollars than on live action Spider-Man rights without the merchandising.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Why do you guys bother responding to subpar when he's been a blatant MCU troll since the old forums? Just ignore him and move on.

Holy shit. I completely forgot that he used to be on GAF. Realized it here and haven't responded to any of his posts since (if they have to do with MCU).

Oct 31, 2017
Hey. Hey buddy. Hey. Yeah, I already proved there was no inaccuracy when the guy clarified his "point." How about read the thread before posting something wrong?

The movie did not make 1B in profit, "buddy", which is what was said in the video, "buddy". You didn't prove a goddamn thing. The video is garbage from the get go and I'm now thinking it's your youtube channel since you are defending its inaccuracies.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
No one is going to pay the amount Sony would ask.

Paying Billions for film rights would be insane, but that's exactly What Sony would want.

IIRC Disney tried to buy the film rights for $1.5B back in 2015, Sony declined and they ended up in a partnership instead. I really don't see Sony ever selling while they have a film division. It's their most dependable tentpole, (probably their only dependable tentpole tbh) and worth a lot when it comes to a potential sale of the entire film division. You can be sure Apple, Amazon, or Netflix would love to get their hands on that license.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
The movie did not make 1B in profit, "buddy", which is what was said in the video, "buddy". You didn't prove a goddamn thing. The video is garbage from the get go and I'm now thinking it's your youtube channel since you are defending its inaccuracies.

lol so what you are saying is I shouldn't bother clicking it. Thanks.

IIRC Disney tried to buy the film rights for $1.5B back in 2015, Sony declined and they ended up in a partnership instead. I really don't see Sony ever selling while they have a film division. It's their most dependable tentpole, (probably their only dependable tentpole tbh) and worth a lot when it comes to a potential sale of the entire film division. You can be sure Apple, Amazon, or Netflix would love to get their hands on that license.

Insane when you consider that's just over 1/4 of what they purchased Marvel for back in 09.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017

I don't know if that's true or not, but yeah, no one is going to pay what Sony would ask for it.

$1.5 billion probably made more sense to Disney in 2015, before they had solo films passing $1 Billion at the box office. And if Disney wouldn't go higher than that, it's crazy to think anyone else would.

The video is based on fundamental misunderstandings on how the MCU deal and the industry works.

Deleted member 48828

Banned
Oct 21, 2018

The video says FFM made 1bil in worldwide gross. It did. Stop lying.

This is what happens when you don't teach critical thinking in schools.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Dude. Stop trying to argue against the video if you haven't watched the damn video. The example in said video isn't talking about net profit.

Sorry about that critical thinker, I forgot that usually critical thinkers need videos to make their points and arguments for them.

I'll watch your video.

Oct 31, 2017

Deleted member 48828

Banned
Oct 21, 2018
And this, kids, is why you should stay in school so you can know the difference between gross and profit unlike Tranq
OK this is getting old.

The video is talking about how much money the movie made. Not the profit Sony got after factoring in expenses. The box office gross. You're the only one talking about profit.

Can you stop wasting my time now?

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
This is the same video that had a thread made on it on this very site like a week or two ago.

Not watching this shit again lol.

What point is trying to be made here?

EDIT: For the record, there is most definitely misinformation in the video and the "corporate loyalist" rhetoric from these "good faith" supposedly objective actors is getting tiring. Anyway, not much else to really discuss here.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
OK this is getting old.

The video is talking about how much money the movie made. Not the profit Sony got after factoring in expenses. The box office gross. You're the only one talking about profit.

Can you stop wasting my time now?

Your video is straight up garbage and confused profit with gross take. You don't seem to understand that difference. Delete that video and make a new one.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think either of them are particularly charming. Tobey nails the dweeb part of Parker better but he's a terrible Spider-Man.
I still think Tobey's performance as Spider-Man is more memorable and more charming. His screen presence was just more unique too, and I generally like the vibe of the older movies better. While I enjoyed Homecoming and Far From Home, it wasn't because of Holland.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
I still think Tobey's performance as Spider-Man is more memorable and more charming. His screen presence was just more unique too, and I generally like the vibe of the older movies better. While I enjoyed Homecoming and Far From Home, it wasn't because of Holland.
Tobey barely leaves any impression as Spider-Man in the movies. And that's kinda part of the problem. Like not even on a matter of "Spider-Man needs to make JOKES!", but that he barely feels present. He has maybe one or two short lines whenever he's in a costume, while the movie focuses way more on other peoples' reactions to him. We don't get much of a glimpse into his thought process while Spider-Man is easily supposed to be one of the more talkative heroes.

He's fine as Peter, as someone who internalizes everything happening around him. But Spider-Man is supposed to allow him to externalize it, and they barely do it at all.

InfiniteKing

Oct 26, 2017
Tobey barely leaves any impression as Spider-Man in the movies. And that's kinda part of the problem. Like not even on a matter of "Spider-Man needs to make JOKES!", but that he barely feels present. He has maybe one or two short lines whenever he's in a costume, while the movie focuses way more on other peoples' reactions to him. We don't get much of a glimpse into his thought process while Spider-Man is easily supposed to be one of the more talkative heroes.

He's fine as Peter, as someone who internalizes everything happening around him. But Spider-Man is supposed to allow him to externalize it, and they barely do it at all.

You mean yelling "MARY JANE!!!!!!!!!!" 8 times doesn't count?

aerts1js

May 11, 2019
Spider verse was better then anything MCU related but I love Holland as spidey too. He's everything I imagined Spider-Man to be even though the movies are a tad forgettable. Especially Homecoming.

I also enjoyed Tobey; not sure why people need to only like one..

Oct 25, 2017
Sony's sticking with Kevin's tired?

Weird flex but ok.

I gurantee you Disney told Sony that Feige was too busy to work on Spider-Man movies at the current profit split.

Sony wouldn't just pull that out of thin air and feel comfortable saying it as a go to PR statement if it wasn't used in negotiations against them.

If it wasn't Feige / Disney could just say he isn't too busy which they haven't.

As a fan, It's BS that Disney wouldn't continue the deal with the same terms, this whole thing is a black eye on the MCU. The fact they're willing to let Marvel's biggest character walk from their Marvel cinematic universe for any reason is stupid.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
I gurantee you Disney told Sony that Feige was too busy to work on Spider-Man movies at the current profit split.

Sony wouldn't just pull that out of thin air and feel comfortable saying it as a go to PR statement if it wasn't used in negotiations against them.

If it wasn't Feige / Disney could just say he isn't too busy which they haven't.

As a fan, It's BS that Disney wouldn't continue the deal with the same terms, this whole thing is a black eye on the MCU. The fact they're willing to let Marvel's biggest character walk from their Marvel cinematic universe for any reason is stupid.

Imagine thinking that a giant, profit driven company would perpetually blow hundreds of millions of dollars, with almost no return, in exchange for a single movie character, placing sentiment over profits.

It's a nice thought. But it's unrealistic.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
If Disney doesn't get him back, what if the next trailer pulls a Palpatine and has Willem Dafoe laughing at the end?

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they used an MCU Venom that uses the correct pronunciation of "symbiote" that'd be just fine.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
Ugh. Spider-man is worth billions. I think 30% plus including Venom wouldn't be the end of the world. Do it. We've got X-Men and Fantasic Four coming within the next 5 years. Wouldn't mind seeing Spidey in the mix.

nicolasacmf

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Fine. I'll take that shitty Venom in the MCU if it gets me the one and only movie Spidey that counts where he belongs.