• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
Narrator: They won't.
And they shouldn't.

They've had ample time to talk about VR games. They had over 40 minutes (!) dedicated to PS4 and PSVR titles last time!

Anyone who has paid any attention would be upset at their lack of communication. Just like with the last SoP, the vast majority of people don't give a shit if it isn't PS5 news and it'll generate negative buzz (I'd argue even more than last time).

And as much as this excites a few people, we're just as allowed to express our disappointment as you are your excitement.

Radium217

Banned
Oct 31, 2019
Would you say Sony forgetting about PS4, PSVR and focusing solely on PS5 would be.....anti consumer....

I don't want them to forget it at all. I just don't see how spending a week promoting VR makes sense. It's not like they don't talk about it at any of their other events or SOPs. Usually to the dismay of many other people who just decided to wait till the tech is better.

I don't see why they need a full week for it. Unless they know that PS5 news is going to bury VR because well, for reasons I have already said, more people care about it. It just seems really absurd they are spending a week focusing on their honestly outdated headset at this point.

Cappy

Feb 5, 2018
Certainly a choice! Promotional campaigns like this are always interesting when there is still big questions in the room around a larger, more important, product launch coming in 2 months. It just makes the discussion surrounding this trend more negative. Maybe one of these days Sony will stop being scared of the price of their new console, and just say it!

Aug 12, 2019
PSVR continues to be a supplementary product that Sony is investing in and by all accounts intends to continue investing in... I don't see the issue with this, especially when their major studios aren't really the ones behind the projects in question, so you aren't losing developmental resources to whichever next big PS5 title you might be excited for.

I understand people are hungry for PS5 info, but Sony at least gave a really quite compelling and well produced showcase to show off the PS5 and its future and is quite possibly the only company to pull that off in a meaningful way in the ongoing pandemic world of 2020. Especially when you consider they've also released two of their biggest exclusives for PS4 this year in The Last of Us Part II and Ghost of Tsushima. The vast majority of details people are waiting for in regards to the PS5 is just a press release about specific info and pricing TBH, and they can do that at any time.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Just me right now to Sony
11887412.jpg

Hyperfludd

Oct 27, 2017
I hope there are more VR titles on sale than those listed, been looking for more excuses to use the headset.

Also I get that this is an enthusiast forum and such, but are more than half the posts in this thread about the ps5 instead of the vr? lol

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I hope there are more VR titles on sale than those listed, been looking for more excuses to use the headset.

Also I get that this is an enthusiast forum and such, but are more than half the posts in this thread about the ps5 instead of the vr? lol

Hope for Polybius, Golem, Falcon Age and Ghost Giant with good prices.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping this is to get it out of the way so they can do PS5 stuff next week as that should be mid September

Incite

Oct 25, 2017
Move controllers kill so much of what psvr could be. We need the next gen please.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
No, they shouldn't ?
They already said that PSVR will be supported for PS5 and I doubt that we'll get any PSVR2 news soon.
PSVR was released 3 years after PS4.
They know people won't be able to afford both PS5 and PSVR2.
So the best thing they can do for their VR customers is exactly what they are doing : show support.
Sony have just too much to talk about so PS5 continues to wait at the back of the queue.
That's fine but as you can see all of this news gets overshadowed because Sony is purposely holding off on the price of the PS5. All of this would go a lot better if they just got that out of the way and moved on. Hopefully the DualSense controllers will play nice with PSVR, those Move controllers are getting even more outdated.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
That's fine but as you can see all of this news gets overshadowed because Sony is purposely holding off on the price of the PS5. All of this would go a lot better if they just got that out of the way and moved on. Hopefully the DualSense controllers will play nice with PSVR, those Move controllers are getting even more outdated.

Have you ever played a PSVR game with Moves?
I mean they are outdated since they were launched but they will still a better solution for a lot of games no matter what traditional pad you are using.

FrakEarth

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
Are there any good deals at the moment or a way of getting on board with PSVR? My brother has it so I've borrowed it once or twice, but I can't believe how expensive the whole kit and kaboodle still is if you don't have the camera, controllers and headset.. I'd love to play No Mans Sky, the upcoming Star Wars game and get involved in some of this

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Are there any good deals at the moment or a way of getting on board with PSVR? My brother has it so I've borrowed it once or twice, but I can't believe how expensive the whole kit and kaboodle still is if you don't have the camera, controllers and headset.. I'd love to play No Mans Sky, the upcoming Star Wars game and get involved in some of this

I imagine the best thing is waiting for the next version to get announced, i'm not sure i would go the second hand route, it is pricey for fairly ancient tech.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
PSVR is pretty dope, so I'm looking forward to the sale on a few of the ones listed I don't have like Blood & Truth!

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017
Would be cool if they had an announcement for any PS5-related PSVR games, but guess will just have to wait and see if that'll happen.

Still nice to see Sony supporting the PSVR instead of acting like it doesn't exist ala PSP/Vita. Already own Astro Bot and picked up Tetris Effect the other month when it went on sale.

bigbaldwolf86

attempted ban circumvention by using an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When you're having to put no ps5 news in your blog posts you know people are going to be annoyed so why do things like this instead of giving your fans the info they actually want. Its 2 months away. 2 months and I still can't even preorder the damn thing.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Sony really should have had a VR cinema app for this era of social distancing, I still want one
They should have done that when they launched PSVR. Now it's too late and they've got to dona lot better than that for PSVR 2.

It's pretty wild that they were experimenting with a version of the Moves on the original PS2 Eyetoy, they are long past due to retire.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Sony really should have had a VR cinema app for this era of social distancing, I still want one

It's pretty wild that they were experimenting with a version of the Moves on the original PS2 Eyetoy, they are long past due to retire.

Can't you kind of do it yourself with Party chat?

Anyway, I hope we get a release date for Demagnete.

Johnnybarra

Nov 1, 2018
lmao!
Sony are Rick Rolling us right now.

Ok, who else is pissed they had so much success with PS4? If not for that PS5 be pre ordered by now.

I'm kidding....but damn.....

I do need to get off the demo disc and play some full VR games tho.
Oh man, there's some great titles out there. Take a good look at this sale this week. Hopefully you get a few fun games.

Astrobot is the easy answer. I'd look at VR The Diner Duo if you have anyone to play with.
One player plays with a Dualshock 4 and the tv and controls a server who goes around taking orders. That player then vocally tells the VR player what burger they need to make and VR player makes the burgers.

It's like a fun mix of a burger crafting game and diner dash.

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
PSVR > PS5

If every announcement this week is as good as Minecraft, they can keep quiet about next gen for as long as they like.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Not mad at all- glad they're managing expectations and essentially confirming no PS5 news this week. And who could get mad at PSVR news, it's been great to see them support the device- even though I'm at the stage where I'm just holding my breath for a 2.0 version before I hop in.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Hopefully Sony releases some news for the non-PSVR folks so instead of complaining about the lack of news they can complain about the price and/or the content of the news itself :P.

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
Im 100% dipping my toes in PSVR on the PS5, so i look forward to all the news on this.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Have you ever played a PSVR game with Moves?
I mean they are outdated since they were launched but they will still a better solution for a lot of games no matter what traditional pad you are using.
Yes, I still have mine. The Fight Lights Out was cool for motion tracking but it's way too limited and outdated for a lot of VR games.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017

You'll probably have a chance at Black Friday.
2018 and 2019 the bundles were at US199 and they'll probably be at this year too.
Whether is a good investment at this price is really subjective, I jumped in 2018 and I love mine. Of course there are limitations but it still an amazing experience specially if you don't have access to other VR devices.
You could wait for PSVR2 for the next two or three years but you can bet that at launch the entry price is going to be at least the double of what you need to start right now so Im always skeptical when people advice to wait for the next iteration cause when the next iteration comes the majority of people that didn't jumped in at US200 for first gen won't be willing to spend US400/US500 for gen 2 and will remain in this cycle of "now it's too expensive later it will be old tech".

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
You'll probably have a chance at Black Friday.
2018 and 2019 the bundles were at US199 and they'll probably be at this year too.
Whether is a good investment at this price is really subjective, I jumped in 2018 and I love mine. Of course there are limitations but it still an amazing experience specially if you don't have access to other VR devices.
You could wait for PSVR2 for the next two or three years but you can bet that at launch the entry price is going to be at least the double of what you need to start right now so Im always skeptical when people advice to wait for the next iteration cause when the next iteration comes the majority of people that didn't jumped in at US200 for first gen won't be willing to spend US400/US500 for gen 2 and will remain in this cycle of "now it's too expensive later it will be old tech".

The best time to jump in for this version is probably post PSVR2 announcement, you will probably get good deals and avoid some of the remorse of watching the value go down.