• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jrb

Nov 9, 2017
Excellent news that Sony gives PSVR this spot so close to next gen. Can't wait to see what they have to share.

gothmog

Oct 28, 2017
NY
Can't wait. I have been using my Quest lately but I would love to have some reasons to dust off the PSVR.

Mecha

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honduras
I think this bodes well for PSVR owners, by this point Sony had abandoned the Vita. I'm glad that PSVR will have life beyond PS4. I'm not currently an owner of any VR device but it isn't for the lack of interest, so I'll be there when they announce a new iteration for PSVR and I hope it's bc with 1st gen games.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
I think this bodes well for PSVR owners, by this point Sony had abandoned the Vita. I'm glad that PSVR will have life beyond PS4. I'm not currently an owner of any VR device but it isn't for the lack of interest, so I'll be there when they announce a new iteration for PSVR and I hope it's bc with 1st gen games.

Yeah i think they just don't want to lose the momentum to be able to became the top VR headset salewises, i think this will be a beginning or the end of PSVR. But that minecraft announcement is pretty big...

the-pi-guy

Oct 29, 2017
I don't care about price, they don't need to announce it, but you shouldn't be having a PSVR event right now that doesn't integrate how PSVR1 will improve with PS5 compatibility.

Maybe they'll talk about this but I feel like they'd have said it in that post. I like PSVR but, right now, buying anything for PS4 comes with the subtextual understanding that a lot of people playing these games will be playing them on PS5 with BC very shortly. That should absolutely be part of the conversation in every one of these PS4 events.
This is something that they need to push better.

They could just say "all these games will also be playable on PlayStation 5!"

Will we have a PS VR 2 ?

Can't imagine just staying on the first version, the competitors have higher resolution and several improvements next to it, surely the PS5 power will be used for a VR 2
Sony has already committed to a PSVR2 being made. But it won't be this year.

Konosuke

Oct 29, 2017
Things the PS5 could improve with the current headset:
  • Internal resolution, so every game could downsample from like 2K for example.
  • Framerates. The PSVR has a 120hz screen, but only some select games make use of it.
  • Graphics (assets, lighting, etc.)
  • Loading times.
Things it can't improve:
  • Headset resolution (basically, games will be jaggy instead of blurry)
  • Tracking. Obfuscation is still going to be an issue
  • The limited layout of the Moves, assuming there's no new controllers.
I really am hoping for increased resolution. I'd rather deal with jaggies than a blurry image.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I just want motion controllers with analog sticks. I backed PSVR as my VR platform of choice because of the exclusives and I don't regret that choice, but I'm done with the Moves. If they don't get out a better motion controller in the next year I'm gonna really start eyeing other entry level VR headsets.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Yeah i think they just don't want to lose the momentum to be able to became the top VR headset salewises, i think this will be a beginning or the end of PSVR. But that minecraft announcement is pretty big...

I think it's smart to see Sony continue to build a VR business. It's got a bright future, and the more big competitors in the space, the better for all of us.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
I just want motion controllers with analog sticks. I backed PSVR as my VR platform of choice because of the exclusives and I don't regret that choice, but I'm done with the Moves. If they don't get out a better motion controller in the next year I'm gonna really start eyeing other entry level VR headsets.

I think we got stuck with Moves because Sony just couldn't fathom increasing the entry level price with new controllers, it was already a big investment for most gamers and they already had a lot of cameras and Moves out there and went with them. PSVR2 is going to require all new equipment right out the gate, and at this point probably isn't as hard a sell as PSVR was at the time. So the controllers will probably be cutting edge like Dualsense is.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I think we got stuck with Moves because Sony just couldn't fathom increasing the entry level price with new controllers, it was already a big investment for most gamers and they already had a lot of cameras and Moves out there and went with them. PSVR2 is going to require all new equipment right out the gate, and at this point probably isn't as hard a sell as PSVR was at the time. So the controllers will probably be cutting edge like Dualsense is.
Thing is, I don't want to wait for PSVR2 for new controllers. I'm not even convinced I'm going to buy PSVR2 yet. Assuming PSVR2 is at least another year or two out, I think if they want to continue to support the first gen headset until then, they need new controllers ASAP.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
lol
I wonder when we get psvr2. I would think psvr is getting a little long in the tooth. Psvr2 that can take advantage of ps5 would be nice. Maybe end of 2021?

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
Lol I appreciate trolling the captive audience with the unthinkable.... PSVR (gasp*).

Definitely cool to show support. Looking forward to some Hitman and Star Wars Squadrons into. But I wonder what these new announcements could be; hopefully something spoooky.

TetraGenesis

Oct 27, 2017
That's fine. I was only responding to "if its not PS5 news, why bother?".

Never said it couldn't be both.

I have had money set aside since the PS5 page on Amazon appeared. The tab is still open. I pre-registered when Sony e-mailed me.

Was just taking issue with people acting like existing PS4 and PSVR owners suddenly don't matter. Only PS5.

Others are equally embarrassing by saying stuff like "f off Sony just give me the price" in response to this news.

That's fair. I didn't follow the full convo back so I apologize if it came off too direct, I replied to you but was speaking more to a general sentiment in the thread.

I agree that "f off Sony just give me the price" isn't a helpful or constructive response and I really think price is the least important aspect of the perceived weakness in their marketing. But I think that sentiment is driven by Sony's choice to distinctly separate the promotion of their platforms in an attempt to, idk, "get stuff out of the way". Decoupling PS4 games and PSVR games from the PS5 experience is not doing them any favors.

The PS5 will be the flagship of the entire modern PlayStation ecosystem soon because of its extensive BC support not only with software but their most important peripheral hardware, PSVR. I don't think PS5 should be left out of any conversation -- any conversation -- about Playstation anymore. PlayStation 4 exists beyond its hardware now. PS4 software is part of that greater PlayStation ecosystem supported on PS5. I plan to play many many more PS4 and PSVR games in the future, but I will be playing them on PS5.

So, I find dismissive responses about the frustration with Sony's PS5 radio silence as unhelpful and reactive as the "f off Sony just give me the price" ones.

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
A PSVR PS Store sale ? I asked for it.
New PSVR announcements? I also asked for it.
I mean, I already own a PSVR, I want more good games for it/good sale prices, and there's no way I'm getting a PS5 at launch. So yeah, I'm genuinely more excited for this than a PS5-focused event.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I am very interested to see what they have cooking. It would also be really nice to hear how the PS5 may improve existing PSVR games as well, but either way this is very cool.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
So, I find dismissive responses about the frustration with Sony's PS5 radio silence as unhelpful and reactive as the "f off Sony just give me the price" ones.
Wholeheartedly agree with all of your post. I've never not been in favor of getting more PS5 info, and them saying not to expect any PS5 news with the PSVR stuff is definitely something I take issue with as well.

Giving us even just something like Hitman or something else that we can see the difference would be nice, though I suspect a lot of it will come later when they can show off the OS and other features.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I really am hoping for increased resolution. I'd rather deal with jaggies than a blurry image.

Increasing render resolution makes VR games on lower-resolution headsets look less jaggy AND less blurry.
You can sort of get a preview by playing a game like Bound on PSVR.
All headsets have a point of diminishing returns, though.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
Isnt it kinda weird that MS studio is working on PSVR update for ms game? Has sony paid for this do be developed?

Darth Smurf X

Oct 25, 2017
Hoth, WI
While I am eagerly anticipating ANYTHING related to the PS5, this does give me hope that they are not abandoning PSVR and will invest in PSVR2 in the future.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
This "week" is only PSVR.
Monday and tuesday in next week are still in first half of september. If the event wont happen till wednesday or thursday next week, you can call out Dusk, but until then, i dont really see the point. As we saw today, anything and everything can happen out of nowhere and we still have more than a week until mid september.

wachie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Monday and tuesday in next week are still in first half of september. If the event wont happen till wednesday or thursday next week, you can call out Dusk, but until then, i dont really see the point. As we saw today, anything and everything can happen out of nowhere and we still have more than a week until mid september.
Well so far the reliable insiders have yet to say anything about a Sony "event" before Tuesday next week.

What happened at MS last night was a leak, MS were forced to announce because of the leak, their event centered around SKUs and pricing is next week.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Isnt it kinda weird that MS studio is working on PSVR update for ms game? Has sony paid for this do be developed?
I thought I read somewhere that part of the deal for buying Minecraft was that it cannot become something exclusively tailored to make Xbox better. Like all the plans before coming under MS would have to stay intact. Remember MS bought Minecraft, not Xbox. Its success is due to it being on every platform you can game on. If VR takes off, Minecraft wants to be a part of it.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
Well so far the reliable insiders have yet to say anything about a Sony "event" before Tuesday next week.

What happened at MS last night was a leak, MS were forced to announce because of the leak, their event centered around SKUs and pricing is next week.

Who says that someone cant leak sony's plans as well?

I dont believe Dusk is just making things up. Sure, he got a lot of sources so its natural some are wrong. even the nintendo insiders that were always spot on were wrong numerous times this year. Covid has just fucked up everything. If the event doesnt happen until september the 15th, yeah, sure, call him out and let him explain what happened (things change yeah). But calling him out a WEEK before the deadline? how is that fair?

PS: If Sony even announces the event by 15th, I will take it as he was right.

wachie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who says that someone cant leak sony's plans as well?

I dont believe Dusk is just making things up. Sure, he got a lot of sources so its natural some are wrong. even the nintendo insiders that were always spot on were wrong numerous times this year. Covid has just fucked up everything. If the event doesnt happen until september the 15th, yeah, sure, call him out and let him explain what happened (things change yeah). But calling him out a WEEK before the deadline? how is that fair?

PS: If Sony even announces the event by 15th, I will take it as he was right.
So what you are saying that Dusk knew something would leak and Sony would have to end up announcing something? lol.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
So what you are saying that Dusk knew something would leak and Sony would have to end up announcing something? lol.

No?

I am saying that we should wait till 15th to bitch about Dusks leaks and insider info.
I said that things could happen out of nowhere, just as they did with Microsoft. Sony can announce next PS5 event any day this or next week.. or in october.. I trust Dusk that at least the announcement is going to happen in the next week. If not, well, that means his sources got it wrong. Also, this thing with MS could delay PS5 event as well. Its should be viewed same as the option that sony will now go sooner than planned.

And if Dusk isnt right then maybe he will stop leaking PS stuff since his Capcom's sources are better.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Sale is up on the PSStore, finally got Blood & Truth (14,79 Trumps in the US Store).

Considering getting Everybody's Golf VR but I doubt I would play that more than once. Also considering Audica, their track selection is much better than Beat Saber but doesnt look as fun..

Ottaro

Oct 25, 2017
Sale is up on the PSStore, finally got Blood & Truth (14,79 Trumps in the US Store).

Considering getting Everybody's Golf VR but I doubt I would play that more than once. Also considering Audica, their track selection is much better than Beat Saber but doesnt look as fun..
If you have move controllers, Everybody's Golf VR is surprisingly great as a golf game. I played it a lot more than I expected, and it was really chill just standing on the course and looking around. The amount of content is limited though, so the only time to bother buying it is when it's on sale. $10 seems fair.

Deleted member 27315

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If you have move controllers, Everybody's Golf VR is surprisingly great as a golf game. I played it a lot more than I expected, and it was really chill just standing on the course and looking around. The amount of content is limited though, so the only time to bother buying it is when it's on sale. $10 seems fair.
Yes. It plays very well. It is difficult to master it, but you can have fun, even if you don't. Very intuitive experience.

A full Everybody's Golf VR game on PS5/PSVR2 will be huge.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Yes. It plays very well. It is difficult to master it, but you can have fun, even if you don't. Very intuitive experience.

A full Everybody's Golf VR game on PS5/PSVR2 will be huge.

Yeah, even if they don't have full multiplayer it should have other players visible on the course, it's a great game but a bit dead compared to the normal games.

wachie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
?
Is it september 16th yet?
Lol, aged like milk.

No?

I am saying that we should wait till 15th to bitch about Dusks leaks and insider info.
I said that things could happen out of nowhere, just as they did with Microsoft. Sony can announce next PS5 event any day this or next week.. or in october.. I trust Dusk that at least the announcement is going to happen in the next week. If not, well, that means his sources got it wrong. Also, this thing with MS could delay PS5 event as well. Its should be viewed same as the option that sony will now go sooner than planned.

And if Dusk isnt right then maybe he will stop leaking PS stuff since his Capcom's sources are better.
He was wrong. Cheers.