SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If Herald of Darkness would be played at the event they would pretty likely keep it as a surprise.

I wish we could get some hints. Honestly, only reason I would watch the show.

Edit: yeah, they wouldn't confirm this song in an announcement, but I was hoping to hear Poets of The Fall performing live at the TGA by now. That's what I mean.

xmassteps

Oct 30, 2017
Last of us 3
Viewtiful Joe 3
Lost Odyssey 2
Halo 3 remake
Super Mario Galaxy 3
Banjo Threeie and Fourie shadow drop
PS Vita 2

Anything less than this will be an outrage and gamers should storm the stage

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I hope it's at least video games related and not some random bullshit.

CheapJi

Apr 24, 2018
Sorry dude, not falling for it this time.
This is the first year I fully plan on just watching a recap of the show afterwards.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Last year had Armored Core, Death Stranding 2, Hades 2 and Judas. I didn't see those coming and thought they were interesting reveals.
Alan Wake 2 and Slitterhead the year prior to that were good as well.
Nice reveals (well, no idea what Judas is), but 2-4 reveals for what is a multi hour lumbering show? Not gonna lie, I dont see the need to see that stuff live, just check it out after the fact... especially since most of those trailers were probably teasers at best.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
I would like to remind everyone that this is an awards show first, supposedly to celebrate the industry, and an avenue for announcements and trailers second.
i-dont-believe-you-ron-burgundy.gif

CheapJi

Apr 24, 2018
Aside from TGA, Geoff also has to do SGF and Gamescom ONL. The console devs all have their own shows they do as well. Games are going to be split across different shows.
Well, it's an awards show. If people expect 3 hours of megatons that's never gonna happen.
I would like to remind everyone that this is an awards show first, supposedly to celebrate the industry, and an avenue for announcements and trailers second.
Nobody heres claiming that TGA isn't an award show or announcements should all be in the TGA. It's just that the presentation is just so boring and overly long that it just looks like a big irrelevant ad for whatever sponsor they have that year and secondly an awards show. It's not entertaining enough to be that long.

Supreme Leader Galahad

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
It's just that the presentation is just so boring and overly long that it just looks like a big irrelevant ad for whatever sponsor they have that year and secondly an awards show. It's not entertaining enough to be that long.
I get but at the same time most awards shows are like this and thats the same reason most of them aren't recorded, Geoff tries to break that up by having trailers and announcements, he most times gets right, its all dependent on what studios can/want to show at the specific time of the year of each show.

Im not saying you can't criticize the show, just trying to make clear what restraints Geoff has.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
It's Geoff Keighley

It literally could be anything

I am just going to sit back and enjoy the show and any surprises that show up

No need to hunt for spoilers

AmAsuT

"This guy are sick"
Jan 24, 2021
To me, that sounds like "Game Pass is going to be on Switch" or something similar that we haven't had before, not a new game announcement. Especially that he says "near-final cut", if it was just a simple trailer it would be "final" by now I guess?