Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Wow, she told the October Sky kid to suck her dick.

DlOlZklV4AA1cWp.jpg

I can't stop laughing at this

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Zen

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Her friends likely feel no remorse or are even cognizant that theirs and her shenanigans are wholly to blame for her losing the internship. Some of them probably even think being loud is the way to get ahead now.

Deleted member 268

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why? She did the exact opposite, and seems like she'll at least get something out of it.

She knows what set this off, she knows her friends caused her problems, and she knows she could have lost this thing she cared about a lot.

The loss doesn't have to be permanent for the lesson to be learned.

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
Her friends likely feel no remorse or are even cognizant that theirs and her shenanigans are wholly to blame for her losing the internship. Some of them probably even think being loud is the way to get ahead now.

How do you know?

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Hickam is saintly for working to get her back in. Telling a stranger to suck your dick and balls in the context of your new employer is some millennial shit.

It wasn't the same back in the days of the telegram.

Dear Agnes stop
Please place your mouth stop
On my genitals stop
I now have stop
Gainful employment stop

Moral Panic

Oct 28, 2017
Stop ... drawing conclusions about people on the basis of an avatar.
An "avatar" is used to represent you. Its your own face that you have personally chosen to identify you on the platform. How is it reasonable not to ask us not to draw conclusions from it? If someone has an avatar of a cross can we not draw the conclusion that they must me a christian?

Deleted member 6949

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
An "avatar" is used to represent you. Its your own face that you have personally chosen to identify you on the platform. How is it reasonable not to ask us not to draw conclusions from it? If someone has an avatar of a cross can we not draw the conclusion that they must me a christian?

Maybe they are a vampire hunter.

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
The warning is essentially saying to stop bringing up someone's avatar when you're making a point. You can make a point without bringing up a user's avatar.

Deleted member 15326

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

You can but you may still be wrong, as people often are when they look down on people with certain kinds of avatars.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
This girl must be brilliant as F to have displayed such a lack of class yet still have the opportunity to get into the NASA family. There is no shortage of qualified geniuses lining up to work in the field, people who Im sure aren't as " edgy" to total strangers online

Aftervirtue

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Threads like this remind me how out of touch some people are.

If I posted a tweet that included swear words and my company, I would certainly be reprimanded. Probably not fired.... but we are told not to mention work unless its in a positive light.

But if I received a "friendly" reminder from senior management and decide to respond like a spoiled child, you can bet on it I wouldn't have an office the next day.

The lack of decourum is frightening.

AlecKoKuTan

Oct 29, 2017
Irvine, CA
Am I an ass for having no sympathy? Especially when considering that avatar. Most trolls on the web hide behind crap like that and talk mad shit. Homer is really sticking his head out there

Aftervirtue

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
I love this man. It's good she got a second chance, because at the end of the day it was harmless. But on a more serious note old racist tweets help root out the assholes pretending to be good guys. I can't believe people just say random offensive shit on the internet and think nobody will ever read it.
Harmless in what sense? Desensitized online posts are not harmless.

-Peabody-

Oct 29, 2017
Oh great people in the fandom won't stop talking about this and now it's on ResetERA.

It's really interesting to see how high and mighty some people like to act about proper conduct on social media.

NaturalHigh

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know if she knew who Homer Hickam was? Because every NASA intern should be required to watch October Sky.

Freakylinks

Nov 4, 2017
ehhh im not feeling it at all, i hate that in 2018 "suck my dick and balls" is now just humor or a joke. ITS JUST A PRANK BRO!

people are so rude on twitter and id like for some people to try to put a stop to it not reward them with better jobs.

Deleted member 15326

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, just click on the profile before you tell someone to suck your dick and balls from your real name-attached account

Killzig

Oct 25, 2017
I can't stop laughing at Homer just sitting around on Twitter policing all mentions of NASA.

amusix

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Do we know if she knew who Homer Hickam was? Because every NASA intern should be required to watch October Sky.
When I saw her tweet the other day, my first thought was "How the fuck do you say that to Homer fucking Hickam?" I'd assume that anyone that excited to work at NASA would know the name...but, then, I find I expect too much of people.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She doesn't deserve a second chance in my opinion, there is a life lesson to learned here. Her response to Homer was disgusting.

I hope NASA won't bring her back, she lacks the common sense and decency to be working at such a prestigious place.

gaugebozo

Oct 25, 2017
If you have a Christian avatar you probably subscribe to Christian ideals. What are anime ideals? Even then, having one isn't really enough to show you approve of the thing. Many members of PoliEra have a particular politician as their avatar because they don't like them.

This person would be fired from any other job for saying this to a board member.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
That homer's a good guy. She wouldn't have her job back if it had been me.

But seriously. Kids. Do not tell people to suck your dick when you get an internship or new job. Especially soemone who's a part of upper management! Have some common sense for gods sake.

Awesome Kev

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
She's at fault and dumb, no question.

However, is it just me or couldn't the dood have given more of a heads up than a one word "Language." response? Like a "Hey I work for NASA and this kind of shit gets you fired. Knock it off." ??

Not defending her at all and he certainly didn't have to say anything, so he'd a good guy for trying… but, I dunno, he could have typed a few more words.

Snkfanatic

Oct 25, 2017

You're right, it's a perfectly reasonable part of a conversation to say "lol anime avatars"

Oct 28, 2017
It's not the language that bothers me, certainly not the first tweet about her declaration. Rather, it was the rudeness towards a complete stranger. The fact that they apologised only once they lost the internship also stands out.

His reaction, however, in trying to effectively save her career prospects has been top class. I hope she learns from him.

zon

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory generalisation.
If you have a Christian avatar you probably subscribe to Christian ideals. What are anime ideals? Even then, having one isn't really enough to show you approve of the thing. Many members of PoliEra have a particular politician as their avatar because they don't like them.

This person would be fired from any other job for saying this to a board member.

Having sex with underage girls seems to be a big one.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
I hope it was lessons learned for her. She deserves a second chance and she needs to reevaluate who her friends are on Twitter.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Man people are ruining this story. It could've been funny and cute because it ended nicely but no. Everything's gotta be a thing.

Awesome Kev

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
Could have sent her a private message.
Yeah that too.

It just seems really low effort to say one word when you're trying to help someone realize they are putting their amazing opportunity at risk. Again, he didn't have to say anything at all but come on man, you obviously can tell this girl was hysterical and making a big mistake, if you're genuinely going to step in and help couldn't have typed more than one word?

Hell, in a way, had he private messaged her or just not responded at all then none of this would have blown up the way it did.

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You'd be assuming. But even that assumption would be logical.

Instead people don't see an anime or furry avatar and come to the logical conclusion of "they must be a fan of furry stuff or anime.", instead they use it as a "you have an anime or furry avatar, you're a moron and a degenerate."

Plus reducing someone's argument to "but ur avater lawl" is stupid and counterproductive to worthwhile discussion.

Air

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Girl was totally in the wrong. Funny situation though

Hassel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think less of NASA now for hiring this intern. She clearly does not have the right stuff.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017

The 'anime avatar lulz' Idea should be left as a silly meme. If you're actually trying to make judgements of a stranger based on it then you should probably take a break from the internet for a while.

Not to mention the fact that 'anime' isn't even a trope or a genre but instead a diverse medium with a very rich history, and is an example of some of the strongest cultural soft power on a global scale.

Those sorts of generalizations where you tie in an entire medium and its fans to the most extreme and offensive aspects is how you lead to trash posts like this:

Having sex with underage girls seems to be a big one.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What a disappointing ending, can't belive the guy is actually helping her get a new internship.

FullMetalx

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Those tweets are hilarious, reminds me of Cartman from South Park

Have some fun! She was just super exicted. Even homer mentioned it - he wasn't really all that offended even though it seems like people wanted him to be

Status
Not open for further replies.