HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
The dude is a Norse God, it's not like Vikings are the pinnacle of humanity. Worthiness was probably judged a lot differently in that society. From that lens there is no way someone like Deku could be worthy (Goku, probably though).

That was kind of my point about the internal consistency not being there. If just being strong or something makes you worthy then Thanos and any other strong person should be able to wield it without issue.

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
Gohan is just as cocky and arrogant as any other saiyan when he is the most powerful. I think Piccolo tells him this sometime in Super.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Gohan is just as cocky and arrogant as any other saiyan when he is the most powerful. I think Piccolo tells him this sometime in Super.
Which is really weird because Picollo is also super cocky when he's the most powerful (see the fight with Cell's first form). It's like the rule of Dragon Ball, if you have the overwhelming advantage you have to be so cocky that you lose it and allow the other person to power past you.

Gohan does have... anger issues though.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I have no clue why MCU Thor was ever worthy of lifting the thing. I think the hammer's standards are pretty fucking low.

OP
OP
Uzumaki Goku

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Which is really weird because Picollo is also super cocky when he's the most powerful (see the fight with Cell's first form). It's like the rule of Dragon Ball, if you have the overwhelming advantage you have to be so cocky that you lose it and allow the other person to power past you.

I always was puzzled by the Goku is overconfident in battle weakness that was pointed out to him in Resurrection F.

Never saw it that way.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
The cloud Goku flies on has basically the same 'pure of heart' requirement.

It's more that the moral of the story is that it's easy to let power get to your head and become arrogant. Aside from it being a easy weakness to give to someone that has to lose for plot reasons.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Are we talking MCU Thor only or something? Because there are tons of instances in the comic where Thor is able to wield his hammer but was filled with a lust for battle
Lust for battle over the lives of innocents? Not counting Warrior Madness

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I always was puzzled by the Goku is overconfident in battle weakness that was pointed out to him in Resurrection F.

Never saw it that way.

I don't think Goku is overconfident, it's just that he wants a good fight over anything else and almost doesn't care about the consequences. He doesn't even always believe he can win.

Oct 26, 2017
latest
Yup.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Super Broly. Not only is his power maximum but he's also a good boy.

OP
OP
Uzumaki Goku

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I mean Thor in the first Thor movie was pretty arrogant until he got banished.....

Yet he could lift it at the beginning of the film.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Lust for battle over the lives of innocents? Not counting Warrior Madness
Like I said, though, dude's a Norse God. The vikings never killed innocents?

See number 8 here:
www.cbr.com

Marvel: 10 Worst Things Thor Did In The Comics

Thor may be a beloved character in the Marvel comics but he has definitely done some bad things, ranging from mistakes to crimes.

I mean I realize comics are work for hire that continues endlessly so contradictions abound, just by his very nature Thor wasn't a "protect the innocents" sort of deity all the time.

Even in the movies, he goes off and starts killing Ice Giants because he thought they invaded.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
They had that Scooby Doo crossover, so I'm counting it:

TYOohUY.gif

different Thor

Edit: lol didn't realize it was a combined gif.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
That was kind of my point about the internal consistency not being there. If just being strong or something makes you worthy then Thanos and any other strong person should be able to wield it without issue.

Funny you should bring up Thanos
thor-spoilers-thanos-infinity-hammer-1-1233807.jpeg

"Worthy" is whatever the hell the writers want it to mean at any point on time. There are several times Thor is a battle hungry maniac but still can wield the hammer. Sometimes the hammer itself decides who's worthy based on its own arbitrary feelings.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
how is being a bit of a perv and really into weird scat stuff tolerated towards the lifting of the hammer ? Cause I nominate Onizuka

GTO_volume_1.jpg

his courage, justice and sens of self sacrifice for other is unmatched

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Whenever mjolnir discussions propr up it reminds me of the best scene from any cartoon ever:

xa5tmAt.gif

bNKY1sN.gif

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
Goku definitely would not be able to lift the hammer. Krillin probably has a better shot, at least once he's a bit older.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
People said Hamtaro. They're right.

I also nominate Belldandy, and think that Asta has a chance, as well as Alicia, retired goddess of Aria Company.

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Mob is a great choice.

I'm throwing Sakamoto into the mix, he is perfect and good hearted. Someone would try to prank him into trying to pick up Mjnolir but he would actually do it.
984.gif

SecondBruisedEnglishsetter-size_restricted.gif

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
019f07cd975bdd4adbcd0e88500b9df7.jpg

Yujiro Hanma would lift it with ease and then be incredibly disappointed and wonder what the big fucking deal was. He'd also make fun of Thor for having to rely on weapons instead of his own strength.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Goku couldn't - all he want is to fight.

Naruto could. He would talk to it.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Naruto doesn't need Mjnolir dude is broken, his Over Powered level makes Mjnolir look like hammer good for nails..

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
027b8d870c78659346f316f5dc189ff2.gif

Reigen Arataka would either con the hammer into lifting itself up for him or would just get Mob to do it while claiming he was the one who lifted Mjnolir.