• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How bad is your backlog situation?

• 0-3: not so bad

Votes: 214 13.6%
  • 4-6: middling situation

Votes: 224 14.2%
  • 7-9: it's bad.

Votes: 314 19.9%
  • 10 (or even more): HELP!

Votes: 269 17.1%
  • My backlog cannot be measured with a number. It's infinity and beyond.

Votes: 556 35.3%

• Total voters

Sentient

Oct 27, 2017
This year is packed with titles that I'm interested in, so I significantly reduced my backlog to only few games that I started last year, and hope to finish in 2019:

- Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance
- Life is Strange series (Before the Storm, LiS, LiS 2)
- Yakuza 0

Sola1r3

Jun 20, 2018
Does Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 HD Remix count as one?
If yes then:
1) Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 HD Remix
2) Day of the tentacle Remastered
3) Grim Fandango Remastered
4) Watch Dogs
5) Hollow Knight
6) Unravel Two
7) Bastion
8) Resident Evil 6
9) Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
10) Shadow of the Colossus Remake
11) Middle Earth: Shadow of War
12) Lords of the Fallen
13) Siren

I am about to drop Siren, Lords of the Fallen and Dragon's Dogma. The rest I am finishing since I am pretty much enjoying them all. But right now I am all about Kingdom Hearts 1 since I did not expect the game to click so much with me, It's fantastic.

emilioasis

Nov 1, 2017
my backlog is at it's worst it's ever been

I'm currently playing God of War and Persona Q, and my backlog consists of:

Breath Of The Wild
Yakuza Kiwami
Shadow Of Th Collossus
Gravity Rush 2
Resident Evil 6
Resident Evil 7
Need For Speed Payback
Shenmue II

and I'm also playing every now and then Nioh and Thumper.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Lawd, it's bad. Really bad, to the point where some games are still sitting on the shelf in plastic. I've got the problem where once a game hits a good $10 or less, if I'm remotely interested I'll pick it up. And then I just enjoy playing games I love over and over and time is never there to get fully invested into something new! I really am enjoying the Metro games, getting hyped about Exodus!

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
My backlog stretches back to PC and NES games from the 80s all the way into 2018 games through vast majority of consoles on that period. I just pick up what I want from the pile, play a bit, have fun, and never expect to clear it. It's my personal gaming Netflix.

I do expect not to buy much at all in 2019 beyond some expansion packs for a few strategy games and if by miracle SMT V or Persona 5R come out. Well, and Cyberpunk.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
So my ps4 library tells me I have over 290 games... I've beaten about 30 games on my ps4...
and I have a switch with a ton of games and an xbox one with a ton of games...
so yeah... it's a situation...

JayBee

Alt-account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
I don't do backlogs anymore. I just pick the 3 top games I like and play those untill I finish them before I go to the next 3

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I am not sure if it's because I am drunk or what but the results of the poll piss me off to no end.

like a 3rd of the poll voters have no self-control that they just keep buying to the point that their backlogs aren't manageable anymore???

just donate the fucking money you're throwing in the toilet to charity or something.

hell, donate the games to poor people who would actually play them.
Lots of people with huge backlogs have gotten many games through Humble Bundles... you know, where you can (and sometimes have to) give all the money to charity.

And paying devs for their work is not "throwing money in the toilet". What a strange way to look at it. No one is throwing away money into a void, they are helping people keep their jobs.

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
I'm never going to play everything I want, so I don't think of it as a backlog so much as just the games that interest me the most.

Jersa

Oct 27, 2017
Boston, MA (USA)
I currently have 1329 games on Steam, and all the consoles. But I don't have much time to play them, so I don't think of it as much of a backlog. Just plenty of options and things to try/ tinker with.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
If I'm being honest, I have around 200 games on steam and only played several of them lol. Console is different though. I don't have a backlog.

EarthPainting

Oct 26, 2017
Town adjacent to Silent Hill
This site looks cool...is there any way I can import the excel spreadsheet I use to track what games I own already?
I don't think Backloggery has an import feature, unfortunately. It can be a meaty investment to input your library, but I personally found it worthwhile. Seeing it all visualised motivated me a lot harder to work on my backlog, and the fact that you mark what you're playing also pressures you to actually stick with your games. Personally I also like that every time I get to mark one as beaten, I can leave a little review of it, which is sometimes nice to look back on. I also get recommendations from reading other people's takes, but that only adds to your backlog.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Good at the minute. In fact I could really do with a new game!

I'm holding off picking up something older until I see the reviews for Anthem and Metro. I still need to pick up FC5, God of War & AC: Odyssey. So may get one of those now they're down in price if I don't think either of the first two games are worth paying full price for.

Flevance

Oct 28, 2017
I dunno, I've stopped counting ages ago

Just play what do you feel like to play, it's not some kind of homework lol

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
I don't think Backloggery has an import feature, unfortunately. It can be a meaty investment to input your library, but I personally found it worthwhile. Seeing it all visualised motivated me a lot harder to work on my backlog, and the fact that you mark what you're playing also pressures you to actually stick with your games. Personally I also like that every time I get to mark one as beaten, I can leave a little review of it, which is sometimes nice to look back on. I also get recommendations from reading other people's takes, but that only adds to your backlog.

Oof, Yeah, not sure if I'm willing to take the time to transcribe 300+ games from spreadsheet to this. Part of the problem is my work internet filter blocks all gaming stuff, but I can use excel spreadsheet anywhere

Hzoltan969

Oct 26, 2017
Assuming that I stop buying games altogether and only play the ones that I'm at least reasonably interested in, and do not discover any hidden gems in my collection, I am still set for life.

Last edited:

Acu

Jan 2, 2018
I'm currently with AC:Odyssey having started MHW with some friends, and DQ XI and Xenoblade 2 left unopened. And this year I want to play the new expansion of FF XIV, dip some hours on Smash Bros and play the obvious yet unpredicted "indie of the month" that catches my attention.

This is the first time in years I've found myself with SO much to play and everything seemingly top notch.