• 0-3: not so bad

Votes: 214 13.6%
  • 4-6: middling situation

Votes: 224 14.2%
  • 7-9: it's bad.

Votes: 314 19.9%
  • 10 (or even more): HELP!

Votes: 269 17.1%
  • My backlog cannot be measured with a number. It's infinity and beyond.

Votes: 556 35.3%

• Total voters

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I'll never finish everything I own and will continue to buy and yet... I'm somehow OK with this.

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
10-Infinity, No such thing as scaling 0-10 because by the time when you finish 1, more will already be added to the backlog smh

Oct 27, 2017
Got a handful of games on Steam I haven't gotten around to. So maybe 2 or 3.
For console games I usually finish whatever I'm playing before I buy a new game.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Like a 3...

It's Red dead and SC6.

Neither of which I'm chomping at the bit to start.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
Loads to play, no time to play them all. Oh well. I'll play what I can find time for, I guess. But it does indeed mean being selective now.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017

a low ten but a ten. Christmas sales were too tempting and I bought about 6 games in addition for the fact I'm going to buy 4 more games in the next month.

BUT THE GAMES ARE SO GOOD

AND DAMN Blops4 and Smash taking up my time because they are games that never end and get in the way of me finishing single player games.

Jul 10, 2018
planned and under control: http://newyokohama.thefacebook.us/backlog/

4pXuxVX.jpg

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
Pretty bad, but I've kind of resigned myself to the fact that I won't get to everything, which does take a load off my chest in that regard. I have a huge backlog of games on PS4 that I'll likely never get to, so I've basically abandoned the idea of ever tackling it (though a lot of those games are from PS+ so I don't feel so guilty about not playing them).

I'm making more active efforts to tackle my Switch backlog, though I abandoned quite a few games, or am not wholly interested in playing some of them. My Switch backlog is something like:
Zelda: BotW (at the last Divine Beast, planning to finish this month)
Xenoblade 2: Torna the Golden Country (planning to get back to next month)
Pokemon Let's Go Eevee (about to give up on due to lack of interest and inability to play with a proper controller setup on TV)
Resident Evil Revelations 2 (given up on; lack of interest)
Mario Tennis Aces (given up on; lack of interest)
Thumper (given up on; personal desire for perfectionism hinders enjoyment)
Axiom Verge (given up on; lack of interest)
Graceful Explosion Machine (never played)
Kamiko (never played)
3DS is more manageable in terms of the number of games I'd be tackling, but they're also both Fire Emblem games (Fates: Conquest and Shadows of Valentia), which means they're both going to take a while to finish.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
I think my PS4 alone has close to 600 pieces of licensed game content owned on my profile, I doubt I've even touched a third of it.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1 million outta 10.
I have over 200 games i still have to play.

Exactly why i made that 60-75 bucks a month on videogames max rule. Cuz its been such a money waste.

I realized you cant play literally all good games when you wanna upkeep a social life aswell. So i just accepted that and pick games i truly want only.

MindofKB

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
I'm almost (like 85%) finished with RDR2, Mario Odyssey, and The Witcher 3.

I need to finish one of them before Division 2 comes out.

Oct 31, 2017
Hey!

Nothing wrong with having a big backlog. 8-)

I have, like, maybe 4 or 5 games I need to play, and I'm adding RE2 to it later this month, but that's cool! I like that there's plenty to look forward to playing to keep me occupied.

Once you get away from viewing your backlog is big and impossible to get through and more how many games you can experience from really talented developers, the overwhelming feeling disappears and you'll enjoy yourself way more, instead of thinking about how quickly you have to beat a game so you can thin out the backlog.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
If I count everything up it's easily a 10. I mean, just my Steam library:

st9mOT2.png

But really, of an actual backlog I intend to play we're talking a few dozen at the most. So, realistically, I won't be completing it any time soon, but it's not as bad as it first appears.

Or so I'd like to believe.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
0/10

I buy one game I want, I focus on that until I'm done, move on.

Multiplayer games I'll just play whenever

BakedTanooki

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Feels like a 6,5 of 10 to me. I still have like 20+ sealed PS4 and Switch games in my collection, but I want to finish them all this year. Problem is, I also buy multiple games every month. I finish 30 to 50 games every year, but this year I really really want to focus even harder on finishing that back log. Trying to get more efficient. Less internet "breaks" on my smartphone, less focus on forced platinum trophies (now only when it's still REALLY fun after already beating the main game etc), and buying fewer games. I usually have my 1 or 2 new "big" and hype releases every month, like Ace Combat, Resident Evil 2 and No More Heroes this month, but i often can't resist to support publishers by getting niche games on day 1, especially when it's about japanese games. Now I try to hold back a little bit. Same goes for digital sales, like in the psn store. There are always games which are "nice to have", especially when they are that cheap, but now I only buy something I really want to play and finish immediately. I hope this will help to finally finish my little backlog mountain.

Nov 14, 2017
Playing RDR2 on PS4 and have:

KH3 - coming in two weeks!
DQ XI - unplayed
Shadow of the Tomb Raider - unplayed
Assassin's Creed Odyssey - unplayed
Ni No Kuni 2 - about halfway through
Persona 5 - about a quarter of the way through
Octopath Traveler - about a quarter of the way through
Hollow Knight - about a quarter of the way through
Dead Cells - not sure how to calculate this one but I started it and have explored and made some good runs
Into the Breach - can't get off the first island

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Mine is great. I have around a thousand games I want to finish/check out. That's basically like having your own video-game store and whenever you want to play a new game you just chose one.

There is no pressure to ever finish everything. It's more like a library.

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
I have around 50 games that i didnt touch yet (99% of them on steam)

Only game i didnt play yet from my PS4 library is Untill Dawn, gonna play after i finish Horizon zero dawn (im having a fucking blast with it so it might time to do it, im doing everything...probably my fav game of this gen)

AlecKoKuTan

Oct 29, 2017
Irvine, CA
Made a vow to stop buying so many titles in 2016. I've been pretty good, but I still get about 5 games a year and only routinely play the multiplayer titles.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
I have literally 100s of games I own and want to play but haven't got around to yet.

I don't see this as a "problem" though.

xinoart

Oct 27, 2017
I'm currently at least sitting at 25 on this scale, but that's not counting the game purchased that I have preordered or are waiting for release. Damn game companies and having disposable income.

Pakesaker

Oct 25, 2017
Omaha, NE
I answered 4-6. Maybe I'm in denial. Technically my backlog is hundreds and hundreds of games (sales, bundles, freebies, services). However, I keep an actual backlog spreadsheet of games I plan on playing / beating and while it's pretty big I have hope that I can get it to what I consider reasonable this year. I plan on buying much less than the last several years and I've been much better at dropping games that aren't engaging or don't value my time. I'm happy with where I'm at and looking forward to another great year of games. If there weren't so many amazing 50+ hour games things would be in even better shape.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I have just over 1000 games on steam and have completed roughly 350 of them. That doesn't mean I haven't played others, or that all of them are even worth playing (a large majority of these come from bundles or are otherwise games I obtained through giveaways or spare codes or what have you), but my Backlog is steadily increasing regardless of new purchases as I find old games I'm interested in, too.

My backlog is effectively infinite. I'm mostly okay with it. I do "Backlog busting" sessions pretty frequently, and am steadily working my way through it, but it will invariably increase and decrease as more games come out and I finish older things.

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why isn't "not at all" an option?
I don't have backlog, because i don't subscribe to a notion that i need to play everything i own.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean mine goes far beyond a 10. I have probably 1500 games or more going back to the Wii and early 360 and PS3 that I haven't touched yet. It just keeps getting bigger.

CDV13

Jan 30, 2018
I have a decent amount, but I play more multiplayer games than single player so there really is no finishing those games. The single player only ones I do well with. Only buy it if I really want it, so I think I have two that I "bought", as in not PS+ offers, that I need to play.

Edit: I'm not trying to bash anyone, but it sounds like some people in here have just wasted so much money they will never get anything out of. Lol. Do what you want with your money, not judging, it just seems like a waste at some point. I dunno.

Chrizzy_81

Oct 28, 2017
England
My backlog got so bad even from the PS2 days that I have kingdom hearts 2 PS2 still in the cellophane alongside kingdom hearts 1.5 -2.5 remix. I have at least started to play the latter. I think it's definitely hundreds outstanding. I'm a little better at resisting the implulse nowadays at least.

Father Kratos

Oct 30, 2017
4-6. Have just over 30 games in my backlog, have bought just 2 games in the last 6 months of 2018 and hoping to resist buying any game this year. Hopefully, backlog will be under 10 by the end of 2019.

Oct 25, 2017
My goal for 2019 is to not buy any games after Resident Evil 2 and Kingdom Hearts 3 so I can dedicate the rest of the year to working through some of my backlog. So far I've identified about 40 physical games I for sure want to play at some point so I want to knock at least 10-15 off that list.

CozMick

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have bought 119 games on Steam since April 2018, Ive played 14..........completed 1...................................................

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
10. I have tons of shit to play on PS3, PS3, Switch and I've basically given up on my PC backlog due to its size.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
I dont keep something i would call a "backlog" i have games on steam i have gotten in bundles and stuff i havent played. But that doesnt mean i keep it in a backlog where intend to pay them. I have a few games like Hellblade i have downloaded on Gamepass i intend to play soonish tho. I have actually played and finished some of the gamepass downloads, like Ashen.

So i'd rate it a 0.

SweetSark

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Let it put this way for me:

I found so many games daily which are still in development which even I say I finish with all games I wanted, there would be still the other ones in the future.

For the people they saw my Thread, they know what I mean.

However I am also a List maniac, so I have everything so organised that even if I don't play every single game I want, I am at peace with myself and don't get frustrated.

HAdoubleRY

Feb 22, 2018
I gave up on beating every game I buy. Sometimes I'll buy a game just to try it out and then lose interest very quickly. I don't add a game like that to my backlog because if it can't hold my attention that means I am not interested in that game. I wouldn't ever force myself to play games I'm not interested in. I think the problem with a lot of people on here is that they are addicted to buying games but they don't want to admit it, so they justify it by saying they will play every game they buy, even if it becomes torture for them. To me, that's not healthy.

Oct 25, 2017
I have 15 games I've bought but not started yet of varying prices across Steam, PS4 and Switch.

I have 11 games I've bought or from PS+ that I've started but not fished, but would like to.

And then 29 PS+ games I have yet to start that I'd also like to play.

So pretty bad, though it is nice to know have a catalog of games I know I can jump into.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
I would have thought 10 or more would have been the entry point for the poll, not the second most extreme. Whew...guess my choice is clear.

ronabs

Mar 15, 2018
203 games here, it's bad, but I won't call it a 10 cause I acknowledge the problem and will work to lower it this year. I'll try not to buy more than six games in 2019, and I want to start some franchises that I have a lot of titles, like Dead Space, Fallout, Infamous, Resident Evil and Yakuza.

Mashdyno

Oct 27, 2017
Indianapolis, IN
I actually do a pretty good job of getting through my backlog. I even had a lull last August because I had finished Persona 5 and didnt really have much to play until the fall rush.

Im currently a little worried because I have about 10 games in my backlog right now and there are so many games coming out in the next several months. Not to mention I have some very long games in my backlog(DQ XI, AC: O. This could be the year that I get backed up.

evilromero

Oct 27, 2017
No backlog for me. Still cycling between Souls 2, MGSV and Sonic Mania. Also replayed BotW recently and will probably jump back into RE7 at some point. I just don't feel the pull to buy games as much since the ones I have include so much content. I may buy Doom Eternal day one but will wait for price drops on MK11 and RE2.

Kris1977

Nov 25, 2017
Mine is a 10 without a doubt. I have nearing 300 games installed on the PS4 Pro (2TB internally and a 6TB drive externally) and I'd say I've completed maybe 10 of those games. I'd say probably 200 or so are almost untouched apart from maybe an hour or so in each one in total.

But I plan on bowing out of the gaming scene after this console bites the dust. Time is too limited (and am approaching my mid 40s!) so I factor in that I can get through a large chunk of these games by 2025 or so!!! ;D