Barajas_201

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mexico
Cemu and this new update is incredibly impressive, it even runs BOTW on my tostar PC (mass-produced old HP office PC with 3 slow AMD cores with 4GB of RAM) but the only "nice" hardware I have is a 750Ti and an SDD and I'm getting 20~25 outside, 30~45 in shrines and 60 in menus. Graphically, I'm running it on 1440p on my 900p monitor so the downsampling is pretty sweet and performance is playable for me so you guys with i5 are perfectly set to at a bare minimum play it at the intended 30FPS and, depending on you're GPU, it will be miles better than Wii U or Switch.

Asmar

Oct 27, 2017
This is kinda off topic, but has CEMU come up with solution to use the gamepad without actually having one?

I heard once that they were trying to implement the gamepad into smartphones which sounded terrific

Oct 31, 2017
This is kinda off topic, but has CEMU come up with solution to use the gamepad without actually having one?

I heard once that they were trying to implement the gamepad into smartphones which sounded terrific
Sort of.
You can use a PS4 controller to emulate the gyroscope, if that's what you are looking for.
If you are talking about getting the second screen, it's already emulated as an additional/alternate window, ut as far as I know you can't get it on another device yet.

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017

What solution? You can already bring up the gamepad screen (I have it running on my second monitor) and click on it to simulate touch. And Cemuhook can translate Dual Shock 4's motion controls into the Wii U Gamepad's motion controls.

berryman69

Banned
Dec 3, 2017
I think I'm gonna start a playthrough of Zelda on the next Cemu release after .3. They should have some good fixes and improvements by then.

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
Is there a downside to using CemuHook?
Sorry, i mean WITH cemuhook but without gpufenceskip hack (which already gives me 30 fps mostly), so i really don't see any benefits of triple-core recompiler (yet) or i don't know where to look =)
Fps++ pack is necessary too?
upd - at last i configured DS4 to work with Cemu gyro controls, works pretty good!

Last edited:

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Could someone post a screenshot of BOTW with all graphics mods? (resolution, AF, increased draw distance, Reflections, SweetFX etc)

cemu2018-01-0104-37-3vzsnq.png

cemu2018-01-0104-02-5jos9d.png

cemu2018-01-0102-55-2vzs1t.png

cemu2018-01-0104-07-0mps8d.png

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany

This isn't the clarity gfx pack right? I tried it recently and it looks pretty bad i even tried to modify the included presets myself but i couldn't come up with anything not looking terrible so i switched to contrasty which looks looks similar to your screens on default settings.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So let's say I own this game on the Switch and haven't booted it up yet, but I also have modded Wii U and could go out and purchase the Wii U game and dump it for Cemu purposes. I also have a have great gaming computer with a GTX 1080 and 4.3ghz clocked CPU.

Should I just play the Switch version or would the best experience be playing it on Cemu?

Einherjer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
So let's say I own this game on the Switch and haven't booted it up yet, but I also have modded Wii U and could go out and purchase the Wii U game and dump it for Cemu purposes. I also have a have great gaming computer with a GTX 1080 and 4.3ghz clocked CPU.

Should I just play the Switch version or would the best experience be playing it on Cemu?

Cemu by a landslide unless you like playing portable where the switch obviously wins.

OP
OP
Napalm_Frank

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland

Do you want graphics and framerate over portability is the question.

Mithos

Oct 27, 2017
Just tried it for fun. My computer is to bad/old for this, 1280x720 @ 20-30fps (fps++ active)
i7 930 @ 3.36Ghz, 12GB RAM, GTX 660Ti ;p

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That looks lovely especially compared to Switch which has a lot of jaggies. Mods and free amiibos are added bonus too.

Kage

Oct 27, 2017
Saw it at a friends house. Think he had some shader or texture packs? Either way it looked far better than when I played it on Wii U. The higher resolution and improved image quality did wonders for the open world.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Just tried it for fun. My computer is to bad/old for this, 1280x720 @ 20-30fps (fps++ active)
i7 930 @ 3.36Ghz, 12GB RAM, GTX 660Ti ;p
That's rather good IMHO.
Mind you my lappy could go up to 3 GHz and manages an average of 20-30 FPS.
In towns it can go under 20 FPS, but otherwise the game is playable.

Mithos

Oct 27, 2017
That's rather good IMHO.
Mind you my lappy could go up to 3 GHz and manages an average of 20-30 FPS.
In towns it can go under 20 FPS, but otherwise the game is playable.

Arbiter's Grounds where the exact place I tried on (ripped my Wii U gamesave), don't dare to go into a town ^^

Vadara

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My only problem with using an Xbox controller for CEMU if that my brain has been trained to view "A" as the bottom face button and "X" as the left one.

Einherjer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany

Techno