triple

Banned for use of alt account
Nov 10, 2017
I'm using my new Xenoblade Chronicles Switch Pro controller, it was super easy to setup.

Thanks for the quick responses guys. I've got all the controllers you mention, I think I'll try the Switch Pro route. Now to do some digging on how to set it up.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
I'd really love to try this game out with a Steam controller some time. Can't help but think mouse joystick trackpad + gyro could be interesting, combined with other things that can be done through Steam.

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
This isn't the clarity gfx pack right? I tried it recently and it looks pretty bad i even tried to modify the included presets myself but i couldn't come up with anything not looking terrible so i switched to contrasty which looks looks similar to your screens on default settings.

It's the default contrasty setting. Clarity looks awful to me no matter what I do with it.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
I tried it like three weeks ago. Constantly frozen for like seconds although fps were fine. I googled, came up with something to do with shaders being built. My understanding of gaming is that it does that the first time on startup or installation. Even downloading seemingly "complete" shader file didn't solve the problem. I stopped tinkering with it.

Too bad, really wanted to play this with higher resolution.

beeeats

Oct 25, 2017
When switching shader caches I only need to delete the old one from transferable and precompile, then put the new one in transferable right?

Just a heads up if you have an NVIDIA card - you should clear out your GLCache folder as well. You can find it in your 'Users\<you>\AppData\Local\NVIDIA' folder. The NVIDIA drivers will ignore the precompiled folder and do their thing there instead. The shader files in GLCache will be overwritten if you play any other OpenGL game or just after an amount of time for some inexplicable reason. So it's fairly common for the shaders to get corrupted which will result in stuttering again. Best bet is to clear everything out from time to time and do a fresh shader compilation from scratch.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
Just a heads up if you have an NVIDIA card - you should clear out your GLCache folder as well. You can find it in your 'Users\<you>\AppData\Local\NVIDIA' folder. The NVIDIA drivers will ignore the precompiled folder and do their thing there instead. The shader files in GLCache will be overwritten if you play any other OpenGL game or just after an amount of time for some inexplicable reason. So it's fairly common for the shaders to get corrupted which will result in stuttering again. Best bet is to clear everything out from time to time and do a fresh shader compilation from scratch.

Thanks for the tip! So I just delete the content of GLCache and it will reconstruct itself from the cemu precompiled folder if it's the first opengl application I use after clearing the cache?

Edit: Well shit, deleted the GLCache contents and now cemu is a stuttering mess

Deleted member 7207

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is kinda off topic, but has CEMU come up with solution to use the gamepad without actually having one?

I heard once that they were trying to implement the gamepad into smartphones which sounded terrific

I was using the MotionSource app on an older smartphone and it worked well. There's a good Youtube description of how to get it setup here.

beeeats

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the tip! So I just delete the content of GLCache and it will reconstruct itself from the cemu precompiled folder if it's the first opengl application I use after clearing the cache?

Yep! It'll actually build them from your shaders file in the 'transferrable' folder. CEMU will compile them too in the precompiled folder but NVIDIA cards completely ignore that. A fresh recompile takes 10+ minutes on my system but it's the only way I can guarantee stutter free gameplay. Your mileage may vary!

Techno

Powered by Friendship™
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Just tried the new update, damn it's really good. Full 60fps now.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Is there (working) dualshock button mod?
You mean to have the button prompts in game show up with the DS4 buttons; nope. I don't think there's any yet I don't think.

Personally, I don't understand the need since the button layout between Sony Microsoft, Nintendo, and 3rd parties are all the same. At the point, A, B, and O being the right button is all muscle memory.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Are there any mods which correct hud elements for 21:9? I've seen people talking about them online but I can't find more info for some reason

Wiggles

Oct 28, 2017
How well does Gsync work with CEMU? I have a 6700K @ stock speeds, based on videos i've seen this this won't quite hit locked 60fps, but close.

Also, how are people handling motion controls? I've seen people use a Dual Shock 4 but am wondering if a Switch Pro controller can do the job.

Oct 31, 2017
How well does Gsync work with CEMU?
I should premise that I'm generally a strong proponent of the idea that G-sync should always be used to enjoy high framerate whenever possible, not to settle for sub-60.

That said, it still works fine enough to make fluctuations between 50 and 60 feel almost smooth and homogeneous.

Curiously enough I noticed that the illusion goes away when I try to record footage and watch it.

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
I never owned a Nintendo console but since the release of BOTW i've been dying to get my hands on it for some reason.Recently i saw this thread and followed the wonderful guide i linked below, i did everything what he said and BAM! it works and my god this is beautiful.Currently i have 4690K @4.4ghz and a GTX1080 but recently i upgraded to i7-8700 / Z370 waiting for parts.Right now with 4690K i set dual-core recompiler 4K / 30FPS Lock and it works like a charm with Xbox One S controller.I have no clue about the Cemu's settings (especially in debug menu) but i don't want to mess around if it's going to work as it is right now.

I'm kinda broke because of the PC upgrade but after this i'm seriously considering buying a Switch.

Guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR7BA3WpWd4

Here's a 4K screenshot.

botww7srf.jpg

Doom_Bringer

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I never owned a Nintendo console but since the release of BOTW i've been dying to get my hands on it for some reason.Recently i saw this thread and followed the wonderful guide i linked below, i did everything what he said and BAM! it works and my god this is beautiful.Currently i have 4690K @4.4ghz and a GTX1080 but recently i upgraded to i7-8700 / Z370 waiting for parts.Right now with 4690K i set dual-core recompiler 4K / 30FPS Lock and it works like a charm with Xbox One S controller.I have no clue about the Cemu's settings (especially in debug menu) but i don't want to mess around if it's going to work as it is right now.

I'm kinda broke because of the PC upgrade but after this i'm seriously considering buying a Switch.

Here's a 4K screenshot.
holy crap!! This looks so smooth and beautiful!! GOTY!

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
Then how did you rip the game?
If he own the game what the point of ripping it? Its exact same copy, that he can download.
Nice, i tried some other DS4 mod from this site and it just crashed my game =)

Here's a 4K screenshot.
Holy crap, so smooth! I can't maintain even 30 fps (with 30 fps lock) on my gtx 970 and i5-3570 (BOTW specially copied to SSD - still heavy stuttering here and there) with 1800p graphics pack and fps++...

Last edited:

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
If he own the game what the point of ripping it? Its exact same copy, that he can download.

Nice, i tried some other DS4 mod from this site and it just crashed my game =)

Holy crap, so smooth! I can't maintain even 30 fps (with 30 fps lock) on my gtx 970 and i5-3570 (BOTW specially copied to SSD - still heavy stuttering here and there) with 1800p graphics pack and fps++...
set gpu buffer accuracy to low and you need a shader cache to stop the stuttering.

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
Maybe I´m in the minority but i don´t like that BotW 60fps version. I mean... it´s smooth, yes, but it feels like a comedy of itself.
It´s true that 60fps is great in general, but also it´s true that if the animations are not ready for that framerate it looks strange to say the least.

KiDdYoNe

Oct 25, 2017
Just for fun tried to run it on my old i5 760 @2.80, 8 GB of old DDR3 (maybe DDR2?) RAM and GTX 1050. Well, if it wasn't for weird drops that seem to be loading or something, that probably would be playable. Maybe I need an SSD or to play with those settings a bit.
Might invest some time in it, but you probably need something more powerful.

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
After setting up cemu as shown in the guide, I'm getting about 50 - 55 fps @ 4k in BOTW with a i7 8700k and a GTX 1070 and mostly 60 fps @ 1440p.

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
Then how did you rip the game?
From my understanding, even people who own Wii U copy doesn't bother with ripping their copy.I am totally newbie to this stuff but the program called "Wii U USB Helper" doing it's job for downloading games but i don't know if it's allowed to talk here.Since this is pirating a game at it's finest and i don't like pirating stuff i'm going to buy Switch and BOTW at some point even if i think Cemu is the superior version.

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
I should premise that I'm generally a strong proponent of the idea that G-sync should always be used to enjoy high framerate whenever possible, not to settle for sub-60.

That said, it still works fine enough to make fluctuations between 50 and 60 feel almost smooth and homogeneous.

Curiously enough I noticed that the illusion goes away when I try to record footage and watch it.

Are you sure that G-sync does work? I read somewhere that G-sync support for OpenGL applications must be individually added to the Nvidia driver (whereas Direct X just works for everything). Could be wrong though.

Boney

Oct 28, 2017
Santiago
Sort of off topic but I'm kind of excited for BOTW mods.
Imagine new shrines. Remixed enemy encounters. Revamped weapon system (only acquirable in chests / infinite durability).

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Hmmm maybe it's because of my rig, but I seem to get a more fluid 20-30 FPS average than the previous build.

Kuosi

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
went from 2600k to 8700k last year and with these Cemu updates think it's time to finally dust out my Wii U and buy a 2nd copy of Botw...

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really enjoying the game, but every now and then the game will freeze for like 20 seconds, and some times crashes. I pretty sure I followed the right set up with shader caches and cemu hook, so I don't know what's wrong. Also disabled fencing but didn't really help. Game runs at around 25fps in the fields, 60fps inside shrines.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
At some point in the past I said that I would buy the wiiu version of zelda when the emulation was near perfect.

I guess it's nearly there. Sounds like some effects are still missing?

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
I think you don't understand the concept of speeding things up. Sped up 60fps would make things go 2x faster. This 60fps mode is not like that if you watch the video.

Fair enough, but what I tryed to imply was that the animations looked... strange. Its true that its not speeded up perse, but it was the feeling that gave me of something that was "off", i dont know what it is exactly, but something did not look right to me in those videos.
I asumed that it was something about the animations and the new fps not in sync because of the new frames or something like that

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
Fair enough, but what I tryed to imply was that the animations looked... strange. Its true that its not speeded up perse, but it was the feeling that gave me of something that was "off", i dont know what it is exactly, but something did not look right to me in those videos.
I asumed that it was something about the animations and the new fps not in sync because of the new frames or something like that

The reason it looks off to you is just because you're used to seeing it at 30 fps, nothing more to it. The impression of speeding up happens very often when you watch a piece of media at 30fps then rewatch it at 60fps.

Anyone else have microstutter / uneven frame pacing? I don't always have it but when it happens its mostly in dense areas for me like forests, I can feel the uneven frame pacing. Pretty sure it's not related to the shader cache it's not those huge 800+ms frame hang while the main thread is compiling a shader.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Can't think of any, frankly.

But there's that weird glitch posted by KanXVIII just above, which appears from time to time and was introduced in 1.10.12.
Fairly confident they will track and solve it quickly.
Mifec mentioned something about snow particles earlier in the thread. Not sure if he was talking about 30 or 60 fps though.

But I wouldn't be able to tell the difference anyway unless it was an obvious glitch, given that I haven't played it at all.

Last edited: