• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Feb 24, 2018
I'm just completely can't, just can't with all this, it's so disgusting, at this point, fuck it, just burn the Smash competitive scene, burn it, it disgusts me people use a game like Smash do this stuff, it sickens me these creeps exist, it sickens me they got away for so long, it sickens me then people go so much fame and power while doing this. Zero is a horrible person and all of them need to be in Jail

I just can't, I hope Nintendo ignores the competitive scene or use this as an example on how no to make an official tournament scene. It surprises me this is getting so little coverage, though given how people standing up and outing these horrid people are being treated by these creeps fans that's maybe a good thing.

I just need a break from gaming news, I just can't with this crap, anymore and Smash will be tainted forever (a game I use to help with stress and play with friends and family) and it's making me to miserable.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
People should really be getting advice from lawyers instead of making all these tl's. Why the Fuck is it so hard for gamers to leave kids tf alone?

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Police aren't baiting people to meet them offline instead of going to their house after exchanging sex texts because the laws pretty much require the offender to convince a minor to meet with them.

There probably is a law against what Zero is doing but it's very doubtful it involves jail time.
what zero did is precisely child grooming and it holds significant jail time

Child Grooming Law and Legal Definition | USLegal, Inc.

Child grooming refers to an act of deliberately establishing an emotional connection with a child to prepare the child for child abuse. Child grooming is undertaken usually to carry out sexual abuse

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile
Holy crap, these people just keep coming, don't they?

And damn it, using his own tragic story to try to weasel out of what he did. Nah, fuck that. I hope he gets the punishment he deserves and all the victims here can find peace. This is awful beyond words.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just completely can't, just can't with all this, it's so disgusting, at this point, fuck it, just burn the Smash competitive scene, burn it, it disgusts me people use a game like Smash do this stuff, it sickens me these creeps exist, it sickens me they got away for so long, it sickens me then people go so much fame and power while doing this. Zero is a horrible person and all of them need to be in Jail

I just can't, I hope Nintendo ignores the competitive scene or use this as an example on how no to make an official tournament scene. It surprises me this is getting so little coverage, though given how people standing up and outing these horrid people are being treated by these creeps fans that's maybe a good thing.

I just need a break from gaming news, I just can't with this crap, anymore and Smash will be tainted forever (a game I use to help with stress and play with friends and family) and it's making me to miserable.

The defense force by the fanboys is really disgusting. I mean you have someone that admits to have done these horrible things and still you have the fanboys running wild on the internet being like "We all make mistakes, we forgive you, king." Imagine being so deep into someone's ass that you would even excuse rape. Just yikes.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Man...reading some of these accounts for the first time, it's all starting to mix together with everything coming out in the past 2- 3 weeks.

There's just so much.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Whoever this sky Williams motherfucker is, he knew what was going on. He just didn't want his little empire to come crumbling down before he and others profited off the exploitation of children. Physically, emotionally, and financially. Jisu, and others that were taken advantage of are the only innocent ones here.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
Man, this is harsh. Don't know if it deserves its own thread, but there's some parts about Sky and Zero in here.

I find it hard to believe a guy like Jason would do the things people are saying he did. The way he opened up sounds extremely sincere unlike all these other fuckers, also guys like Hugs are showing him support. Currently watching the video, will get to the Zero part soon.

Dr.Ifto

Oct 27, 2017
This is the reason why I don't want my kids on YouTube or in any clans for mp games. This scene is just a perfect scenerio for these predators to lurk as they can be anonymous for a very long time while grooming their mark. Sickens me.

Greent4

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Charlotte, NC
first it was the dota community
then head of evo
then FGC
now smash
burn it all down
i feel bad for all the victims coming out.
the ppl accused are just vile human beings.

jkh13

Oct 27, 2017
I kind of mixed the points because they are sort of mixed in Smash. The best players in the world are often minor and that's what puts them in direct access with the older best players. But I concede it is more common in European sports than North American Professional athletics.
How would you suggest this be changed for esports?

Direct supervision and regulation would be a start. There are strict laws and rules around how minors are treated in professional soccer, for example the parents have to move to the same country/area where the child is playing in order to support them, suitable accommodation and living arrangements have to be agreed to and organized by the club they are playing for, the club has to provide transparency of all aspects of the player's development. I am sure there have been cases of abuse (see: Gymnastics) but having these proper rules in place can help mitigate. For reference in professional soccer it is common for players to really start playing around adults from 12+ in the lower league or U20/23 teams.

Personally I don't have a big issue with under 18s competing in competitive sports/e-sports as long as it is a safe environment. If they are truly good enough, they should be allowed to compete with the very best. Clearly the FCG has a long ways to go to make the competitive scene safe for minors right now so I would not advocate for allowing them in until it is fixed.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Starting to wonder if some people entered the Smash scene in the first place because of the younger demographic. Disgusting.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Direct supervision and regulation would be a start. There are strict laws and rules around how minors are treated in professional soccer, for example the parents have to move to the same country/area where the child is playing in order to support them, suitable accommodation and living arrangements have to be agreed to and organized by the club they are playing for, the club has to provide transparency of all aspects of the player's development. I am sure there have been cases of abuse (see: Gymnastics) but having these proper rules in place can help mitigate. For reference in professional soccer it is common for players to really start playing around adults from 12+ in the lower league or U20/23 teams.
I totally get what you just said. But FGC is like the poverty version of a poverty version of professional soccer. Regulations and direct supervision are needed, but things like parents getting accommodation and moving to another country are not possible, and probably won't be, even long term.

And the thing is that all the FGC tournaments are not part of a big league. Which makes it even harder, because they obey to their own regulations.

In my opinion, the only way for having regulations and more supervision, is to "force" the companies behind the game to have stricter rules during tournaments.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how in-tournament regulations will help when a bunch of the things that happened definitely didn't happen at the venue,

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
In my opinion, the only way for having regulations and more supervision, is to "force" the companies behind the game to have stricter rules during tournaments.

This isn't possible when the companies behind the game aren't the ones hosting the tournament.

Not sure how in-tournament regulations will help when a bunch of the things that happened definitely didn't happen at the venue,

This too. This Zero stuff was not at tourneys. A lot of what happens is supposedly in hotels or afterparties, not at the tourney itself.

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
I'm sad that smash events are going to be synonymous with predatory cesspools going forward. It's not true of course, but it's going to look that way for quite a while.

I know I wouldn't let my kids enter a smash event after all this.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
So there's more coming huh?

I swear, these people that goes "no stop, his life is already ruined it doesn't need to go further he'll kill himself!". First off fuck those people, if there's more to it let it be said. Bunch of folks saying "let's not have another Etika situation"

I am seething.

devon37

Banned
Jan 3, 2019
I'm worried this question will make people think I'm defending this , which Of course I don't. But If she lied about her age how could he even know what he was doing was wrong.

jkh13

Oct 27, 2017
I totally get what you just said. But FGC is like the poverty version of a poverty version of professional soccer. Regulations and direct supervision are needed, but things like parents getting accommodation and moving to another country are not possible, and probably won't be, even long term.

And the thing is that all the FGC tournaments are not part of a big league. Which makes it even harder.

Yes, totally agree. Personally my view is the same, the FCG won't be able to change by itself due to deep-rooted cultural issues and lack of resources. The only realistic solution I see is a clean slate approach, the game companies and/or representatives should rework the whole tournament scene and enforce the rules themselves. Whether or not their vested interest in the tournament scene is great enough or not to do this is debatable.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

I swear, these people that goes "no stop, his life is already ruined it doesn't need to go further he'll kill himself!". First off fuck those people, if there's more to it let it be said. Bunch of folks saying "let's not have another Etika situation"

I am seething.
Never know if more is coming because that requires victims being willing to share their painful stories publicly. But there are surely more stories that could be told.

Yan

Oct 29, 2017
So is there any actual investigating from the police going on or is this just internet drama so far?

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
The Smash community is filled with degenerate fucks. Why the hell can't you just play video games?

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Never know if more is coming because that requires victims being willing to share their painful stories publicly. But there are surely more stories that could be told.
I mean for this particular situation with Zer0, Jisu said there's more coming about him and then there's the rest of my post. People trying to silence that because "his life is already ruined" or "he'll kill himself" and in some case people comparing this to Etika or whatever.

Like, what.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

I am seething.
Well... This is nothing like the Etika situation.

This is a serious thing and they could/should go to jail. Etika was only guilty of having mental disease the poor man.

DynamicSushy

Sep 7, 2019
ZeRo was always kinda suspect to me cuz of his infatuation with anime waifus. That's nothing new, waifu culture pretty normal at this point whether you like it or not. But it was the infatuation on top of having very "clean" youtube content, as in bleeping out curse words and going out of his way to verify Smash characters' ages while making a waifu tier list. Just came off as overcompensation for something, and now we know what that something was

www.youtube.com

The ULTIMATE Smash Bros WAIFU Tier List - Ft. AfroSenju

I teamed up with AfroSenju to create the ULTIMATE Smash Bros Waifu Tier list. It was a difficult task, a difficult journey, but we managed to make it happen!...

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Well... This is nothing like the Etika situation.

This is a serious thing and they could/should go to jail. Etika was only guilty of having mental disease the poor man.
I know, it's nothing AT ALL like it yet people are so desperate to not have the image of their "hero" ruined further even though if there's more to it, it need to be exposed.
And for that matter, why the hell does people immediatly assume he'll off himself, it's pretty extreme to assume that.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Zero clearly had knowledge of her age when he asked her to masturbate with an ice cube.
tenor.gif

I'm... I'm sorry. He fucking what now? Was this in his second response and I just missed it, or am I way behind?

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Whoever this sky Williams motherfucker is, he knew what was going on. He just didn't want his little empire to come crumbling down before he and others profited off the exploitation of children. Physically, emotionally, and financially. Jisu, and others that were taken advantage of are the only innocent ones here.
Yeah I've lost all respect for Sky

Shocking negligence or a malicious cover-up, neither scenario is good

devon37

Banned
Jan 3, 2019
Thanks for the clarification guys. He deserves all the hate he is getting and more. Can't imagine why anyone would defend him knowing what he did.

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019
ZeRo was always kinda suspect to me cuz of his infatuation with anime waifus. That's nothing new, waifu culture pretty normal at this point whether you like it or not. But it was the infatuation on top of having very "clean" youtube content, as in bleeping out curse words and going out of his way to verify Smash characters' ages while making a waifu tier list. Just came off as overcompensation for something, and now we know what that something was

www.youtube.com

The ULTIMATE Smash Bros WAIFU Tier List - Ft. AfroSenju

I teamed up with AfroSenju to create the ULTIMATE Smash Bros Waifu Tier list. It was a difficult task, a difficult journey, but we managed to make it happen!...
Not to give the guy any credit whatsoever because fuck him but this seems more to me that he wanted to avoid YouTube demonetizing his content because they're known to be pretty trigger happy about that if they so much as detect a swear word on a video.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
bruth there's like three responses. the guy kept backtracking once he saw his ass exposed. He absolutely knew.
THREE? Jesus, okay. Gotta read these now. WTF, ZeRo.

It was in his Skype interactions with Katie. Zero completely glossed over it in his apologies, because of course he would.
...Well. This is upsetting, to say the least. I feel so let down; I can't even imagine how much worse the victim feels, being subjected to such awful behaviour.

eraFROMAN

One Winged Slayer
Mar 12, 2019
The stuff with Cinnpie and Puppeh was absolutely happening at the venue; the venues share responsibility for protecting children should they even be allowed to participate

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
THREE? Jesus, okay. Gotta read these now. WTF, ZeRo.

...Well. This is upsetting, to say the least. I feel so let down; I can't even imagine how much worse the victim feels, being subjected to such awful behaviour.
ZeRo's first two responses weren't even apologies. They were just lengthy dismissals, downplaying, and playing the "I'm a victim too" card. It wasn't until his third response that he finally owned up to everything he's been accused of, including everything in the Skype logs. That's a credit to Jisu, Katie, Leffen, and everyone else that's put pressure on him with their corroborated stories and evidence.