• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
In a theoretical best timeline when Sony sees remaking Medi2 as worthwhile, then that sells well enough to warrant a series comeback... Who would be the pick to develop a new title?

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Insomniac needs to remake Resistance 1. I tried playing that game a few years back, very hard to play with the control scheme.

Sawzer

Nov 5, 2017
Do you think we are getting something from Sony at TGA? I was almost certain about new TLOU2 footage when the release date was Feb but now i'am sceptical. Maybe Dreams or Predator will make it to the show

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
A Resistance Trilogy in the vein of Metro Redux (Remastered visuals, unified improved controls, Quality of Life improvements, and overall making the games feel more like a unit) would sell blockbusters.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
A Resistance Trilogy in the vein of Metro Redux (Remastered visuals, unified improved controls, Quality of Life improvements, and overall making the games feel more like a unit) would sell blockbusters.
giphy.gif

Couldn't agree more. Would love a Resistance trilogy remaster!

OP
OP
JuanLatino

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
by new do you mean an actual new game and not a remake?

I'd like that

I'd like it alot if the next R&C goes about making a new full fledged game with ambition instead of another remake

This
I'm tired of Remakes (unless they are like FF7 which is more like a completely new Gaming Experience) - i wanna see them go all out with the new hardware

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just got a reminder message by Sony to download this month plus titles. This is the first time they've ever done that. I'll pass, but it's a nice feature in case I forget to download something I want to play.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
This
I'm tired of Remakes (unless they are like FF7 which is more like a completely new Gaming Experience) - i wanna see them go all out with the new hardware
only want a Legend of Dragoon remake and a Demon's Souls Remake so that we can get actual sequels

R&C already got one remake, let's move on and have a new game

I am even anti Ape Escape Remake since the story doesn't really demand it

make new story games for both, you can have it so that people aren't confused, especially for R&C by making it be a story/timeline about somewhere else

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
There are some very low level rumors and a patent kicking around that Sony might be looking to utilize AI tech to improve the resolution and textures of older games on the PS5. There's not too much to the rumor right now, but if it were to happen I think that might put the nail in the coffin for any remasters in the future. At that point the most of expect to see are remakes.

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There are some very low level rumors and a patent kicking around that Sony might be looking to utilize AI tech to improve the resolution and textures of older games on the PS5. There's not too much to the rumor right now, but if it were to happen I think that might put the nail in the coffin for any remasters in the future. At that point the most of expect to see are remakes.
There's also a patent to add trophies to PS1 and PS2 games

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been playing through Symphony and Rondo again on PSN, and I gotta say that the thought of a AAA, third person Castlevania (or even 1st person, I don't care) with rewarding exploration, great combat, an incredible OST, badass boss fights, and without the tiring narration from Lords of Shadow, it would make me extremely happy. Konami holding Castlevania, MGS, and Silent Hill hostage seems like a crime against humanity when they're doing nothing with it. Sony should know that Castlevania can be as big as God of War for them if done right.

I just think there's so much that can be done with those IPs (also hello Suikoden) and it's a shame that they're being left to die at Konami. I hope Bluepoint's weird tweet is a sign that some Castlevania game is at least being remastered or remade for PS5, because I love Castlevania so much I'd buy a console just to play one Castlevania game.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
How in the ACTUAL FUCK is Kojima not an SIE studio at this point. What's next? Did House give him a movie deal with Sony Pictures as well? Insomniac just barely got absorbed into SIE, how the hell did they get involved that quickly?!

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
Article confirms that 70 Guerrilla devs+ an unconfirmed amount of Insomniac and Bend devs worked on DS. ~1/2 of the team that worked on DS is SIE devs... What... The....Fuck. No wonder Remedy was getting REAL close with SIE devs on Twitter.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
A never before seen good will from Sony with this game. Maybe they'retrying to build an even stronger relationship with Kojima to try to buy the studio in the future or at least to keep Kojima in the PS ecosystem?

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
maybe this why Kojima let Sony own the IP of Death Stranding
so they can make it movie from it and direct the movie
we know Playstation Production Studio will only make movies and tv series from Sony IP
Frankly, after all we now know Sony has done for Koji Pro even being able to operate, being able to port to PC, and the development aid they were given....Kojima would need to have a Steve Jobs level ego (and he just might for all we know), to demand Sony not to keep the IP.

Oct 26, 2017
Kojima clearly upgraded his speech level before talking with Sony.

The man manged to make his own studio, use Sony money and marketing for Death Stranding, be able to ask and obtain a PC version, GG, Bend and Insomniac devs also worked on the game and be did everything in 3 years.

Fraudjima the GOAT.
Jimbo is about to kick all the people that were involved in the deal if DS won't deliver sales wise.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
It's really not that hard to understand why Sony did so much for Kojima. He's one of the most famous figures in the game industry, and they had the opportunity to get a game from him as a console exclusive, keeping it off Xbox and Nintendo hardware. It also could mean he's tied to Sony, at least console wise, for a while since he's using a Sony engine. So I expect more SIE/KojiPro output in the future, with the games only being released on PC and PlayStation platforms. At least until KojiPro can be self-sustained without the help of Sony and develops its own in-house engine.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
most likely as support since KJP is using GG's 'Decima' engine
Doubt it. Look at the article, Key leadership roles from Guerrilla's art department got involved. That does not point to Guerrilla's involvement being mostly support relating to Decima. Bend and Insomniac, neither currently using Decima, being involved further hints at Sony's studios involvement being something other than just Decima related.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.