• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buzzkiller_20

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
"Why would anybody play this?" - Jim Ryan, 2017
Smh the max output of the service is 720p. Quality doesn't matter here. Plus, I would like to see the PS3 Untold Legends game on the service so I can play it. I loved the first one on the PSP. Although that was a disc only game on PS3 so I don't know if it would be possible to add it to PS Now.

Rat King

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
As a kid I thought MediEvil 2 was vastly superior to the first one. Glad it's selling well, I enjoyed my time with it and I expect them to do the right thing. Give us more Sir Dan!

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
It's kinda disappointing there will only be three new games on PS Now this month. They could have put some of there Exclusive PS3 games on there to pad it out.
Yeah that second month since the renewal was disappointing, even if the 3 games added are good

I'm waiting to see if the trend will continue next month, hope they will change and add more evergreen titles like they did previously

WACCOE-1919

May 9, 2019
Oh god, yes! The world of The Order was very interesting for me, vampires and werewolves, a league of knights. Also love the steampunk London aesthetic of the game. A reboot by Remedy would be perfect and make it a 3rd-person open world.

Not to piss on peoples bonfire, but I really dont get the enthusiasm around The order, if anyone in the SIE studios wants to explore Victorian style horror e.g. vampires/werewolves and apply it to a game setting then I'd be interested in that. However I am not sure why this would need to be attached to "the order" IP, I personally think that IP needs to be left alone. Any reboot I think would get meme'd on pretty hard.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Not to piss on peoples bonfire, but I really dont get the enthusiasm around The order, if anyone in the SIE studios wants to explore Victorian style horror e.g. vampires/werewolves and apply it to a game setting then I'd be interested in that. However I am not sure why this would need to be attached to "the order" IP, I personally think that IP needs to be left alone. Any reboot I think would get meme'd on pretty hard.
Because the order's biggest flaw had nothing to do with the otherwise very cool concept and well realized setting.

It's comparable to zone of the enders. The first game was relatively not great. Very short. But had a great concept and world that fortunately got a great sequel.

Oct 24, 2019

Because it's silly to toss the baby out with the bathwater. Why would they spend all the time and resources to developer *another* Victorian-era werewolf franchise when they already have a fully-realized universe at their disposal? They can take that foundation and make the necessary improvements.

Any similar game will just get compared to The Order anyways, so they may as well just salvage the IP

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Because the order's biggest flaw had nothing to do with the otherwise very cool concept and well realized setting.

It's comparable to zone of the enders. The first game was relatively not great. Very short. But had a great concept and world that fortunately got a great sequel.
That also had Hideo Kojima's name attached to it and both entries still underperformed. There's no reason why most consumers would be excited about TO:XXXX simply based of brand recognition or the team attached to it after the first title's reception. They'd have to greatly exceed expectations to undo any prevailing negativity associated with the brand. It's probably best to brand the game as something entirely new while still being a successor to TO:1886.

Because it's silly to toss the baby out with the bathwater. Why would they spend all the time and resources to developer *another* Victorian-era werewolf franchise when they already have a fully-realized universe at their disposal? They can take that foundation and make the necessary improvements.

Any similar game will just get compared to The Order anyways, so they may as well just salvage the IP
Maybe for the press, but I don't think TO:1886 occupies much mindshare for most gamers anyway. If it did, I think it'd largely been a negative or middling association, with the outlier here and there that believe it's a great game.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
That also had Hideo Kojima's name attached to it and both entries still underperformed. There's no reason why most consumers would be excited about TO:XXXX simply based of brand recognition or the team attached to it after the first title's reception. They'd have to greatly exceed expectations to undo any prevailing negativity associated with the brand. It's probably best to brand the game as something entirely new while still being a successor to TO:1886.

ZOE2 is extremely highly regarded among genre fans. No question. Kojima name or no. There was zero reason to be excited for a ZOE2 either, yet it was a great design and execution success that got several re-releases.

But it's a solid case for good concepts with underdeveloped executions getting a second change to really nail it. Furthermore, you can't do the concept of "the order" without the titular order itself, which is part of the package. That's the stuff people liked. It mixed great technology, an interesting story, and a cool concept. all it needed was better gameplay and to be longer.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
From their earnings call :
Since fiscal year sales are expected to decrease, we plan to constrain various costs including marketing expenses to a level below that of the previous year

I think it's clear we won't get PSX because of this

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ZOE2 is extremely highly regarded among genre fans. No question. Kojima name or no. There was zero reason to be excited for a ZOE2 either, yet it was a great design and execution success that got several re-releases.

But it's a solid case for good concepts with underdeveloped executions getting a second change to really nail it. Furthermore, you can't do the concept of "the order" without the titular order itself, which is part of the package. That's the stuff people liked. It mixed great technology, an interesting story, and a cool concept. all it needed was better gameplay and to be longer.
I wasn't disputing whether ZoE2 was highly regarded among fans, but that's unimportant because the game underperformed commercially regardless of how great it was. Sure, with ZoE you could see that it had the makings of something great, it just proved to be short and repetitive, so they addressed that with ZoE2. My point was, even with Kojima's name, the associated success of MGS, and addressed criticisms and improvements to the core gameplay, ZoE2 didn't generate the sales Konami and Kojima had hoped.

You really don't need "The Order" name anymore, the Order itself has been left in disarray and its very survival hinges upon what Galahad chooses to do with the knowledge that Lord Hastings is a vampire, Alastair was a Werewolf, and Lancelot knowing housed Alastair and allowed him and his kind to feed on the populace. He and Tesla could destroy The Order in very short order if those chose to disseminate this knowledge and his fellow knights would likely fall to his side as well, knowing that the Order that they served conspired behind their backs as they fought and died. So no, I don't think the "The Order" title is necessary.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I have a speculative, theoritical question.

If Sony went full State of Play next year with only the PS Meeting being their sole conference, where would be the best date location for a PSX? (which would include a Sony press conference)

This question has the assumption the PS Meeting would be in February and that Sony won't attend E3, or maybe they will have a booth but not a Press Conference... maybe a State of Play like Nintendo does with their E3 Direct.

So PSX for the Summer? PSX for the Fall? Or PSX for the Winter, near the end of the year?

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
I have a speculative, theoritical question.

If Sony went full State of Play next year with only the PS Meeting being their sole conference, where would be the best date location for a PSX? (which would include a Sony press conference)

This question has the assumption the PS Meeting would be in February and that Sony won't attend E3, or maybe they will have a booth but not a Press Conference... maybe a State of Play like Nintendo does with their E3 Direct.

So PSX for the Summer? PSX for the Fall? Or PSX for the Winter, near the end of the year?

They could do it at E3 week, so they "would be at E3 without being really there".

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Was just checking a Champions match and noticed that Sony is now promoting PSNow on those screens around the field (it's usually just PS4).

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Hopefully the movie will be good, PlayStation Productions is involved but only as Executive Producer, the old producers at Sony Pictures are associated with this movie so my hopes aren't high but who knows...

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Story-wise it's a sequel, they just decided for commercial reasons to follow an open-world template.

Fine game, by the way. The core gameplay is still mesmerizing to look at.
It's not, story-wise, it is a reboot. There's absolutely no links to the first game, and multiple plot points are just done again there.
Even devs confirmed it multiple times.

Oct 25, 2017
Unless I'm misunderstanding the role, it's also too early for QA on Spider-Man 2.

Ratchet for the PS5 launch sounds more realistic.
Yep. Or a first year title.

This was probably in development during Spider-Man and then they put everyone on it after launching Spider-Man. That'd be a pretty crazy turnout so soon. Insomniac is pretty efficient though.

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
76gravityrush2.jpg

At No. 76 on their list, someone atPolygon loves themselves some Gravity Rush!

We will not speak on what all they place higher than The Last of Us

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
If this is what Insomniac was pulling off on a $40 PS4 title, I can only imagine the "games vs CGI" discussions that a PS5 R&C would fuel

4623618-0314727801-ratchet-and-clank-screen-11-ps4-eu-02jun15

I forgot how amazing this game looked, especially for its budget. If R&C is a launch title for the PS5 then I might have to break my rule about not buying launch hardware.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
It's not, story-wise, it is a reboot. There's absolutely no links to the first game, and multiple plot points are just done again there.
Even devs confirmed it multiple times.
Then that's... the strangest reboot I've played or seen in a long time. It builds on the main character's origin, repeats and develops the original setting, its mythos and organizations, replaces dead characters for new ones... For a new beginning, it's very aware of what happened earlier. I won't question their criteria (I've seen those comments now and after all it has been almost a decade since I played the original) but I honestly went through the whole thing accepting its points of connection as a loose development on the first story.

PS: More precisely, they seem to call it a rebirth too, whatever that means.

We will not speak on what all they place higher than The Last of Us
Polygon scored the game with a 7.5, its second worst review at certain aggregator. If anything, it shows how much they've turned on the game, that years later they're willing to include it in a list like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.