Status
Not open for further replies.

kung-fu-owl

Alt account
Banned
Jul 27, 2019
Bolsonaro is a terrible person and dangerous.

Shu might not agree with his politics, but it's still a bad look imo.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
The replies on this forum honestly amaze me. Must we really spin every damn thing into something? I know who the Pope, and trump, are but have no idea who that is. Nor do I care. Stop reading something from nothing.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
The replies on this forum honestly amaze me. Must we really spin every damn thing into something? I know who the Pope, and trump, are but have no idea who that is. Nor do I care. Stop reading something from nothing.
Yeah that's what happens here sadly all too often.

I'm going to assume it was out of ignorance on Shu's part and not out of endorsement of his policies until proven otherwise. Most of you would be wise to do the same.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
The Shuhei Yoshida retweet is not the end of the world tbh. Gio Corsi is one of the Colin Moriarty patreon backers for example and very few people came to complain about it.

And I wouldn't be surprised to see Sony as much as Microsoft approaching Bolsonaro's government. He has said publicly that he will look for ways to finally lower fees and taxes on games and consoles in Brazil.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, until the name came up here I'd actually never seen his name before that I can really recall.
I guess since the usual daily news doesn't really cover it much.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
What do we have to look forward to in the next couple months, EVO, Gamescom and TGS? Any more conferences?
Hopefully PSX again in December. Would be a great opportunity to just look back on the PS4 as a console while also showing what's still to come (TLoU2, GoT, Predator and maybe some other stuff) and maybe even throwing the first PS5 teaser out there.

Deleted member 57361

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2019
The Shuhei Yoshida retweet is not the end of the world tbh. Gio Corsi is one of the Colin Moriarty patreon backers for example and very few people came to complain about it.

And I wouldn't be surprised to see Sony as much as Microsoft approaching Bolsonaro's government. He has said publicly that he will look for ways to finally lower fees and taxes on games and consoles in Brazil.
Hope this happen. Don't want to pay R$5000 on PS5.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
So do you think a grown ass adult man like Shu doesn't know who Bolsonaro is?

What's next, he doesn't know who Trump is? the Pope?

And before anyone jumps with the usual "Era bad" hyperbole I don't think Shu agrees with Bolsonaro politics, but I also don't think he's ignorant about who he is, Shu probably doesn't really care because retweeting a famous person using your products is more important.

oh fucking hell now lol :D shu probably never even heard of this man. I sure havent for example. And even if he knew it was Brazilian president or whoever, he still may not know about his background. Get off his back, bitch! (R&M refference, i am not being turd).

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Bolsonaro is news in any place of the world like Trump.
That's not remotely true. If I asked the people around me I'm sure 9 out of 10 people wouldn't know who Bolsonaro is.

Hell if I wasn't on Era I wouldn't know that he was a POS (or anything for that matter other than him being president of Brazil). You're vastly overestimating the number of people who're in the know about Brazil politics outside of Brazil.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Bolsonaro is news in any place of the world like Trump, he's shown on Spanish news everytime he or his govenrment says anything dumb, just like when Trump does.

I don't even know what is overreacting in just saying that Shu knows who Bolsonaro is, I already said I don't think he agrees with his politics.
F outta here, I follow politics heavy and I have no idea who this man is until Era threads.

Regardless tho, he might not care or know specifics about him.

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
I like Shu, but you guys can be ignorant of Bolsonaro, but you are not the head of SIE WWS Studios, so please don't use that rhetoric. Shu should do his homework and not retweet fascists. Not that hard and not excusable. Takes 10 seconds to Google.

If that takes too much time, he should get a social media manager.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I like Shu, but you guys can be ignorant of Bolsonaro, but you are not the head of SIE WWS Studios, so please don't use that rhetoric. Shu should do his homework and not retweet fascists. Not that hard and not excusable. Takes 10 seconds to Google.

If that takes too much time, he should get a social media manager.

literally nobody on Twitter does a background check on every person they want to retweet

get real

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Bolsonaro is news on every major newspaper in the world because of his shitty views and Amazon Rainforest deforestation issues, come on guys...

I mean, the guy had 135k likes on that tweet so obviously Shu AT LEAST informed himself about who he is...

Anyway I am sure Shu doesnt particulary agree with his political views and tbh he is probably ignorant of most of them, but that doesnt mean this isnt an Yikes situation.

I think every big PR person/head of big companies like Shu should be aware about who he is liking/retweeting on social media, but I wont crucify Shu without knowing his real knowledge about Bolsonaro since he probably doesnt even care considering it is free marketing for a product of his company.

But whatever, I am so fucking tired of Bolsonaro EVERYWHERE. It is like this pos is following me even on Era wtf

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, he liked the tweet. What is an endorsement on Twitter if not a like? If you mean on the person as a whole, then I agree, of course, but it's not great either.

The retweets doesn't mean endorsement thing largely comes from the idea that a retweet is just that, them retweeting that specific tweet. Not them supporting every viewpoint that comes from that person. If you follow Kojima then you know that he'll more or less retweet anything about games he's worked on. There's no way that there's someone going through every account that he's retweeting to make sure there isn't some sketchy shit in there.

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
The retweets doesn't mean endorsement thing largely comes from the idea that a retweet is just that, them retweeting that specific tweet. Not them supporting every viewpoint that comes from that person. If you follow Kojima then you know that he'll more or less retweet anything about games he's worked on. There's no way that there's someone going through every account that he's retweeting to make sure there isn't some sketchy shit in there.
I know it's not, and this is pretty much the assessment I have, but I merely wish he deleted the retweet. He doesn't even have to apologize for it.

Oct 25, 2017
So do you think a grown ass adult man like Shu doesn't know who Bolsonaro is?

What's next, he doesn't know who Trump is? the Pope?

And before anyone jumps with the usual "Era bad" hyperbole I don't think Shu agrees with Bolsonaro politics, but I also don't think he's ignorant about who he is, Shu probably doesn't really care because retweeting a famous person using your products is more important.

I'm an adult and I don't know who he is or anything about him. Don't assume everyone knows all the political villains.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Its pretty silly to assume he knows who he is. I had no idea who the president of Brazil was before this thread. Not everyone knows who everyone is regardless of how famous you think they are.

Are you one of the head of a worldwide company where your job involves the handling of thousands of people across several continents?

It would be weird for him not to know him tbh.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
For retweeting a fascist that advocates for stuff like LGBT discrimination and environmental destruction? I'm not asking for that, even though I'm sure some Brazilians would take offense for that, considering Sony was pushing LGBT marketing jus last month.

Wait, so you're assuming that all SIE employees have (or need to have) the same mentality and opinions? That no one in the company supports Trump or any other politician that's viewed as "evil"?

I'm not saying that Yoshida supports the guy, even less what's right or wrong, but that's some hardcore wishful thinking

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Anyway, on Tuesday we'll get Sony's financial results for Q1. That's also reportedly when the Concrete Genie preview embargo lifts. And if that GI cover rumor pans out, we may see a FP title on its cover by the end of the week since those at GI were emphasizing that the next issue will be out "early" next month. They usually reveal covers on the first Tuesday of each month, but that wouldn't be until the 6th for August. So it sounds like it'll be sooner than that.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyway, on Tuesday we'll get Sony's financial results for Q1. That's also reportedly when the Concrete Genie preview embargo lifts. And if that GI cover rumor pans out, we may see a FP title on its cover by the end of the week since those at GI were emphasizing that the next issue will be out "early" next month. They usually reveal covers on the first Tuesday of each month, but that wouldn't be until the 6th for August. So it sounds like it'll be sooner than that.
Hopefully we get a darn date than as well for concrete genie

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
Wait, so you're assuming that all SIE employees have (or need to have) the same mentality and opinions? That no one in the company supports Trump or any other politician that's viewed as "evil"?

I'm not saying that Yoshida supports the guy, even less what's right or wrong, but that's some hardcore wishful thinking
Haha never assumed that, so no need for assuming that about me.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Do you guys think they'll reveal the PS4 life-time sales on tuesday or they'll wait to announce with some kind of event/special edition/sale when it reaches 100 million? 🤔

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully we get a darn date than as well for concrete genie

I believe PixelOpus have said the date would be coming really soon. So i'd expect it to coincide with the previews. We'll likely get a new trailer for the release date announcement.

Do you guys think they'll reveal the PS4 life-time sales on tuesday or they'll wait to announce with some kind of event/special edition/sale when it reaches 100 million? 🤔

We'll definitely get new numbers as Sony always gives them for their financial results. But it's worth keeping in mind that their financial results are for shipped. Sell-through numbers are separate announcements. Their last shipped figure was 96.8m at the end of April.

Status
Not open for further replies.