• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
The colouring on this is perfect. It looks exactly like the official art. Think this might be the best one in the thread in that regard.

Thanks! I'm really pleased with how it turned out, especially that gradient. The artist really took his time mixing and blending the ink just right. The colors really pop in person, I feel like the picture barely does it justice! :D

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Here's mine, near my collarbone:

dcras1l.jpg
This is super awesome! Simple, yet elegant. Did getting it done on/near your collarbone hurt?

Metalgus

Oct 27, 2017
This is super awesome! Simple, yet elegant. Did getting it done on/near your collarbone hurt?

My memory is vague as it's been close to 20 years now and it is in fact the last of only two tattoos I ever got. But yeah, it hurt a bit. I toyed with other videogame tattoo ideas in the years that followed but could never commit to anything. If I ever go back to the parlor, it'll be cover/edit a cheezy tribal tat I got on my back (I used Microsoft Paint and put a biohazard logo between two wing type tribal designs... it's pretty awful)

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
The anime is Saint Seiya. About 5 sessions, 8 hours per session. The last one took almost 11 hours. Never felt so much pain in my life, but it was well worth it.

Holy shit! My longest session is 6 hours, for a big soccer badge on my left shoulder blade, and it was my first. Can't imagine an 11 hour session! IMO it looks great though. My most recent (FF7 in my avatar) was just about 4 hours.

Gosh, I'm dying to get my draft back from the artist for my Xenogears tattoo...deposit only went down this week, gotta be patient :D

ccassol

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Holy shit! My longest session is 6 hours, for a big soccer badge on my left shoulder blade, and it was my first. Can't imagine an 11 hour session! IMO it looks great though. My most recent (FF7 in my avatar) was just about 4 hours.

Gosh, I'm dying to get my draft back from the artist for my Xenogears tattoo...deposit only went down this week, gotta be patient :D
I was exhausted after that last session. So much pain in the back that I was numb. After the artist finished it, he and I hugged each other, two nerds in joy, and we started jumping around because the finished tattoo was so awesome. One of the best (and most painful) days in my life! :D

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
I was exhausted after that last session. So much pain in the back that I was numb. After the artist finished it, he and I hugged each other, two nerds in joy, and we started jumping around because the finished tattoo was so awesome. One of the best (and most painful) days in my life! :D

Bet that endorphin/adrenaline rush was off the chain, tho...

I was basically floating home from my FF7 tattoo...and after my first tattoo, I shouldn't have even driven home. 6 hour session, I felt naturally high AF.

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
drive.google.com

2015-09-02 17.03.10.jpg

I haven´t even completed the game yet lol!
Still a game I always come back to.

This is on my thigh

Very nice! Binding of Isaac, right?

My arm feels ok this morning. Gonna try and get my wife to get a picture of both my arms together Later when I take off the bandages so I have FF7 and Xenogears tattoos in the same picture. I'll be a walking Square/PS1 advertisement before this is all over...

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
The inside of my wrist isn't a video game reference so I'll just post the outside of my arm. Just got done with the second session and I have another one coming in a couple months after everything heals. I seriously don't expect anyone to ever get it, but I got it more for personal significance than any kind of care for aesthetics so... eh.
zRG4C2j.jpg

Instantly thought of Nier.

Dope.

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Thanks.

Everyone ask me about it and what is it, trying to explain to them that is an alien from a videogame have many times give me a look like, I dont get it, so in the end I prefer to say is something personal hahaha.

.n_n.

Haha, that's really funny. I was trying to explain about the Zohar yesterday while the artist was working and realized how insane it sounded to someone who has no file on the game, or JRPGs/games in general. Luckily one of the piercers there is a big gamer and was able to talk about it.

h8bit

Oct 26, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
i love my dark souls tattoo. off to get vicar amelia done in a week and a half.

edit: i let the artist do his own take on dark sun gwyndolin :))

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
i love my dark souls tattoo. off to get vicar amelia done in a week and a half.

edit: i let the artist do his own take on dark sun gwyndolin :))

Wow, this is super sick. Love it. Post the Vicar when you're done!

I'm chilling for a while as I consider what game pieces I'd like next. Might fuck around and turn the Zohar arm into a total Xeno sleeve of some sort, incorporating stuff from Gears all the way to the present. Not sure what else I'd want on my other arm with the FF7 tattoo.

Just edited my post from yesterday with a closer up shot - fucking love that the artist even got Kadomony into the pupil of the Zohar eye.

Daniagatha

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 31, 2018
Brazil
Gotta say, this thread has some interesting choices in it, but THIS is genuinely beautiful. Amano stuff, usually translates well to tattoos. Really nice work

What made this tattoo better was that when I showed what I wanted, the artist knew Amano and so he was as excited as me to make this work!!

After all this pandemic stuff goes away, I hope to make Kefka in the other leg.