• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Like the hat?

Oct 25, 2017
My next tattoo idea is one of the runes from the Suikoden series. Trying to decide between the soul eater, rune of beginning (combined), or the bright shield. I really like the combined rune of beginning but (Suikoden 2 spoiler)
the only way to have your character get that is to get the bad ending and defeat Jowy.

OP
OP
Laevateinn

Laevateinn

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Really great stuff in here. Glad I shared.

This is my arm :)

UKIAYCw.jpg

I like this a lot

I want to get a Sheikah eye tattoo but I'm scared of the pain and what my family will say.

It doesn't hurt that much except in certain areas. I understand the family issue but sometimes you have to live for yourself not your family. You should find a good and expensive artist and get it.

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
People please, if you are going to make a tattoo remember, don't go to the cheapest place and read reviews and opinions about the tattoo artist you are trusting with your skin.

Please.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Next week saturday is my next one will post result here (Marina Splatoon 2 one). Will also adjust that Midna one to only include her Human form only having imp midna twice on my body might be overkill.

Also when you look closely on my imp midna tattoo on my arm a few of those tribal like parts on her belly miss wich the dude will touch up/add for free at that appointment too.
711d4f052ac31c9507bd8a10d255bf35--game-tattoos-zelda-twilight-princess.jpg

Edit: Left 2 are missing not end of the world but i am very keen with those kind of things xD

People please, if you are going to make a tattoo remember, don't go to the cheapest place and read reviews and opinions about the tattoo artist you are trusting with your skin.

Please.
Yup that's what i did, it's a bit more pricey but it turns out very good.

Last edited:

Deleted member 9971

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Well there it is :P
The Marina one.
Love it!

Dude made a collage out of his work with me so far so that's why you see the imp midna one too.

Fireclad

Oct 27, 2017
The Void
The inside of my wrist isn't a video game reference so I'll just post the outside of my arm. Just got done with the second session and I have another one coming in a couple months after everything heals. I seriously don't expect anyone to ever get it, but I got it more for personal significance than any kind of care for aesthetics so... eh.
zRG4C2j.jpg

Francesco

Nov 22, 2017
The inside of my wrist isn't a video game reference so I'll just post the outside of my arm. Just got done with the second session and I have another one coming in a couple months after everything heals. I seriously don't expect anyone to ever get it, but I got it more for personal significance than any kind of care for aesthetics so... eh.
zRG4C2j.jpg
Why don't you explain it so we don't have to get it?

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
zRG4C2j.jpg
That's sick.

Yona...

Culgan

Oct 27, 2017
Have a bunch of tattoos but video game related I only have the Hyrulian Crest on my chest and the Soul Eater rune from Suikoden on my forearm.

I'll try and edit in pics another time but yeah, I got both of them 6 or so years ago. No regrets.

I replayed Witcher 3 recently and I've been contemplating a Witcher tattoo as well.

henlo_birb

Dec 15, 2017
I recently got back from a trip to Japan where, among other things, I spent a day at Invasion Club in Osaka finishing up a tattoo of Alis Landale and Nei from the first two Phantasy Star games. I can't be the only dork who's done something like this and didn't see a video game related tattoo thread here so I figured why not share so I can see what other gaming tattoos people around here have gotten.

Anyway, here's what mine looks like after a couple weeks. I'm extremely happy with it and the healing process has been fantastic. Next year, I'm planning on going back to get something Shining Force related.

lcUKAP1.jpg

hLtLiGq.jpg

VEdAa22.jpg
It's very rare I see a tattoo I like, but this really fits the bill. Whoever did this absolutely nailed it. Really nice, man.

Wibblewozzer

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
This is now about thirteen years old and after getting a non-gaming much larger tattoo recently I now have a good artist that plans on going over this old tattoo to improve it (and then add more around it). Unfortunately the outline of Laharl loses definition and just sort of blends in with the cape. I do still like most of how the cape looks.

3eQtreBm.jpg

I haven't decided what to add to that upper arm as I intend to continue making it a gaming half sleeve (other arm is a robot half sleeve). I've been tempted to do something from something like Digital Devil Saga but I haven't found any particular imagery that I've been satisfied with. Probably around the Summer I'll be looking to go back in for more work.

Machiavelli

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Neat topic! And awesome tattoo's OP i will tell you my story i have told so multiple times but whatever here goes!

These are the current videogame tattoo's i have:

Imp Midna (Zelda Twilight Princess)
YDAnLDZ.jpg

Wolf Link (Zelda Twilight Princess)
YefK2lj.jpg

These are the art of the tattoo's i currently have planned this year these 3 are my final ones tho:

Twili Midna on my ribs near the wolf link one (Zelda Twilight Princess) no imp midna again tho.
cEJFVuQ.jpg

Squid Sisters Callie and Marie on my back small on top hand size or so (Splatoon)
l1JReGT.jpg

Marina from Splatoon 2 on my left calf
aKE6lHN.jpg

I will ofcourse let the tat artis add some background to the splatoon ones probs black smoke around em or something like that.

Anyway the reason why i have these videogame tattoo's is because the Zelda and Splatoon series got me through hard periods in my life and i wanted something that actually had meaning to me instead of generic tattoo's well i have one wich is a tribal on the other side of my ribs that goed to my chest and arm. but i will get a major touch up on that one by the same dude who does my current tattoo's i got em at Dutch Ink if anyone wonders amazing shop.

Anyway these games got me through depressive periods and when i look at those tats they are a easy cheer up i also love those characters from said games not in waifu ways ofcourse and i have em because of the awesome memories.

Originally i wanted toget pinup girls and some average stuff but i thought why not actually get something i like.

Btw before i got any i showed multiple designs etc to family and friends first and talked with the tat artist what would work i get big compliments on those zelda ttats irl but the those other 3 are truly the final ones since i want to save space for no videogame related things in the future.

I might make a sleeve out of those Zelda tats tho someday.

Cheers! And sorry for post reserving!

I was expecting to see you dude. There you are!

Oct 30, 2017
Wanted a Quake 1 tattoo when I was younger - just the symbol. I'd be alright with it if I had gotten in, I suppose. Still a badass symbol.

Deleted member 9971

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I replaced the Squid Sister one i had planned with this, it's kinda nsfw but i will spoiler tag it. Not a fully naked design btw, just back and butt and no sexual intercourse.

But still look at your own decision.
NSFW warning!
scSzRgP.jpg

It's Marie droppin her Splatoon 2 kimono and showing of her tattoo, yeah i know that's kinda meta but i really love the design and not just because of the sexual part, honestly i like the details overall more.

I asked close friends family etc again about the naked part and they all found it fine, they agreed placing it on my back so it's mostly hidden is the best and tbh i dunno where it would fit else lol back always was my choice anyway. My dad has full naked tattoo's and here in the netherlands we are very open to nudity and sex, so it's not like i am a sexist or pervert. And my dad is a cool dude altho i don't want full frontal nude tattoos myself, this is the only nsfw one i am gettin.

Appointment is next month in april will share the outcome in spoilers tags again so no worries. Only will share it openly on fb and twitter but on twitter i will tag it nsfw atleast.

Deleted member 22585

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
I replaced the Squid Sister one i had planned with this, it's kinda nsfw but i will spoiler tag it. Not a fully naked design btw, just back and butt and no sexual intercourse.

But still look at your own decision.
NSFW warning!
scSzRgP.jpg

It's Marie droppin her Splatoon 2 kimono and showing of her tattoo, yeah i know that's kinda meta but i really love the design and not just because of the sexual part, honestly i like the details overall more.

I asked close friends family etc again about the naked part and they all found it fine, they agreed placing it on my back so it's mostly hidden is the best and tbh i dunno where it would fit else lol back always was my choice anyway. My dad has full naked tattoo's and here in the netherlands we are very open to nudity and sex, so it's not like i am a sexist or pervert. And my dad is a cool dude altho i don't want full frontal nude tattoos myself, this is the only nsfw one i am gettin.

Appointment is next month in april will share the outcome in spoilers tags again so no worries. Only will share it openly on fb and twitter but on twitter i will tag it nsfw atleast.

I like the design.... but there are evil monster dicks on her back o_O

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have the foxhound logo on my leg. Too lazy to get a decent shot of it plus the quality of my camera will focus on my hairy as hell legs.

tiesto

Oct 27, 2017
Long Island, NY
I recently got back from a trip to Japan where, among other things, I spent a day at Invasion Club in Osaka finishing up a tattoo of Alis Landale and Nei from the first two Phantasy Star games. I can't be the only dork who's done something like this and didn't see a video game related tattoo thread here so I figured why not share so I can see what other gaming tattoos people around here have gotten.

Anyway, here's what mine looks like after a couple weeks. I'm extremely happy with it and the healing process has been fantastic. Next year, I'm planning on going back to get something Shining Force related.

lcUKAP1.jpg

hLtLiGq.jpg

VEdAa22.jpg

I'm not much for tattoos but that is amazing! 2 of my favorite game characters right there