• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
The thing that infuriates me about "the Snyder cut" as current verbiage is it currently means some form of "remake this as you advertised it before later advertisements/the final product disappointed" and what that means varies wildly. So for this for example you're basically asking them to completely make a new game while adhering to basically all of Nomura's first-draft Versus XIII stuff.

And, like, do you really want that? I don't think you want that. I think you think you want that but you really don't actually want that.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
The funniest part of the Stella worship is people going "just wait until KH3 and you'll see real strong women!"

and then KH3 happened lmao.

Lunafreya is a set-piece, not a character.

For all of the questionable moments for Kairi, Aqua and Namine in Kingdom Hearts III, none of them compare to the atrocity of Lunafreya.

ImpendingFoil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Nah. I liked FFXV when it came out, but didn't touch it after completing it a few weeks after release so I never experienced any of the DLC. We really just need to move on.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
SE has wasted enough time and manpower of this dang game.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
While FFXV has problems - BIG ones - it at least is a game, whereas 90% of the Final Fantasy XV we were shown since the Versus XIII days was glorified CGI pitches meant to keep our interest that had no grounding in a real-life playable experience.

... Let's just say that FFXVI being so upfront with in-game gameplay and graphics makes me INSANELY hopeful after over a decade of botched hype for FFXV.

OP
OP
pleaseinsertdisctwo
Oct 31, 2017
I mean, they're pretty popular lmao

A lot of negative people here like them (such as PlanetSmasher )

I'd rather have shallow and fun then godawful
Again, if you ask me, I just think Nomura doesn't take KH seriously. I agree that KH characters are abysmal.

If VIIR counts as Nomura's doing then I think those are some of the best characters SE has ever had. In fact VIIR has some of my favorite characters and interactions in a game period.

And as long as you agree that XV's characters are on the shallow side then it's all good love
👁 👁
👄

ok that didn't come out right but whatever

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
Again, if you ask me, I just think Nomura doesn't take KH seriously. I agree that KH characters are abysmal.

If VIIR counts as Nomura's doing then I think those are some of the best characters SE has ever had. In fact VIIR has some of my favorite characters and interactions in a game period.

And as long as you agree that XV's characters are on the shallow side then it's all good love
👁 👁
👄

ok that didn't come out right but whatever

I guess try preemptively moving the mouth to the right before posting

unknown.png

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How can you release something that doesn't exist.
You'd think after seeing what Nomura has done with Kairi that people would stop worshipping the 2 min of Stella footage that we have. Especially since it sounds like she was going to go through a similar fate as Luna if one of those leaks was to be believed.
You would think lol.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019

I recommend you watch this video. It raises a lot of valid points.

Now whether you like the cast of Kingdom Hearts is personal preference, but the series has executive oversight from Disney because they own it. And we've seen time and time again how restrictive Disney are with their intellectual properties so there's only so much Nomura can do.

Did you know that Oswald the Lucky Rabbit was planned for Kingdom Hearts III but that was declined by Disney?

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Why not the Sakaguchi cut of FF7 when Cloud was a detective named Joe in New York? Why not the Nojima cut when Tidus was a plumber delinquent in Spira? Why not the Matsuno cut when Basch introduced the story instead of Vaan? This path is endless. The games are as they are and you can't take it back.
This is where I stand. I like all the games either way. So its cool

OP
OP
pleaseinsertdisctwo
Oct 31, 2017
Screw FF15

Gimme the """Snyder Cut""" for Xenogears.

tbh Monolithsoft basically uses concepts from Xenogears in every game

I personally find the Xenoblade series to be very unappealing though unfortunately *sigh*

I guess try preemptively moving the mouth to the right before posting

unknown.png

I am :( but it's not working

oh well

Why not the Sakaguchi cut of FF7 when Cloud was a detective named Joe in New York? Why not the Nojima cut when Tidus was a plumber delinquent in Spira? Why not the Matsuno cut when Basch introduced the story instead of Vaan? This path is endless. The games are as they are and you can't take it back.

Listen

You're being logical

this is an entirely illogical topic

May 31, 2018
I really, REALLY doubt square has any other passionate focus as much as they have on the FF7R project. 7 is basically the face of the company and the brand. For it to match the original game they have to be 100% firing on all cylinders with it from this point forward. Even 16 looks kinda drab in comparison to 7R...I mean people's first reaction was it looks like a 14 extension. To go back to 15 in a full-game capacity just isn't going to happen.

edgefusion

Oct 27, 2017
No. Absolutely not. They should move on and forget this game ever happened. The lore and characters aren't remotely good enough to inspire a revisit. Square can do much better.

Oct 27, 2017
Not pointing specifically at you OP but good Lord why WHY people just can't let it go???

Versus XIII was never going to happen, XV was the best that could be salvaged.

There are literally 2 minutes of footage of this Stella girl. Where is the tiniest indication that she could be so much better than Luna???

This is literally worshipping the history that never happened.

Yes, XV debut trailer was all fake but that's hardly a first in this industry, right?

OP
OP
pleaseinsertdisctwo
Oct 31, 2017
Not pointing specifically at you OP but good Lord why WHY people just can't let it go???

Versus XIII was never going to happen, XV was the best that could be salvaged.

There are literally 2 minutes of footage of this Stella girl. Where is the tiniest indication that she could be so much better than Luna???

This is literally worshipping the history that never happened.

Yes, XV debut trailer was all fake but that's hardly a first in this industry, right?

I hope no one actually thinks I genuinely miss Stella and worship her lol I don't really care

If anything I would say Lunafreya in her wedding dress (designed by Vivienne Westwood™) is my favorite character design in any game EVER and I think her character was a goddamn travesty

507.jpg

ugh look how fucking amazing she looks

APZonerunner

Features Editor at VG247.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England
you can't release something that doesn't exist without incurring huge cost. At least most of the 'Snyder' JL footage actually exists

OP
OP
pleaseinsertdisctwo
Oct 31, 2017
I wouldn't. The writer for XVI is the same as the Heavensward expansion for XIV. You can expect the tone to be similar to the Ivalice games mixed with XIV.
I wish I liked MMO's so I could actually experience XIV lol

This.

Enjoy other franchises like Kingdom Hearts and The World Ends With You, or wait for the next mainline FF.

You're taking the thread a bit too seriously

I'm more than ok with what's on the horizon I'm not actually dying for Versus XIII

That said, I still haven't forgiven you for saying XV's Chapter 9 was amazing pre-release tbh

fundogmo

Oct 25, 2017
Nomura's has the Midas touch, but instead of gold it was projects-so-mismanaged-they'll-never-exist.

The bigger shame is that we never got the final batch of mega-DLC for FFXV that would have presented an alternate story with Lunafreya in much bigger role. You can read the details in the novelization that just came out, but that's definitely as good as we'll get now that the games momentum stopped flat several years ago.

Oct 30, 2017
We are moving forward now with the FFVII Remake project and FFXVI...

FFXV is done and was disappointing.. let's all move on.

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately there is nothing to make the "cut" with. Anything early we saw was basically preproduction work. It would be the equivalent of making an entirely new game.

OP
OP
pleaseinsertdisctwo
Oct 31, 2017
Questions about Ignis, Gladio and Prompto, Ardyn and the state of the ruined world.
Lmfao

I'm sorry but that's ridiculous.

Gladio: "Noctis ik I'm supposed to guard you at all times but I need to leave and I'm not explaining why. I'll be back." Noctis: "ok"

Ignis: "Noctis I'm blind now but it is what it is" Noctis: "ok"

Prompto: *falls off fast-moving train* Noctis: "ok I'm sure he'll call us"

That wasn't "mystery" that was blatant and insulting DLC bait.

As for Ardyn's DLC, I haven't played it yet (have it purchased tho, unfortunately), but from what I've heard it's basically part of XV's partially-retconned post-release lore and it was meant to build up to the other 3 DLC's.

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I would love to see a full original VS XIII, but they would essentially be making it from scratch. There's no point now.