• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

OsramTaleka

Nov 25, 2020
Lmfao

I'm sorry but that's ridiculous.

Gladio: "Noctis ik I'm supposed to guard you at all times but I need to leave and I'm not explaining why. I'll be back." Noctis: "ok"

Ignis: "Noctis I'm blind now but it is what it is" Noctis: "ok"

Prompto: *falls off fast-moving train* Noctis: "ok I'm sure he'll call us"

That wasn't "mystery" that was blatant and insulting DLC bait.

As for Ardyn's DLC, I haven't played it yet (have it purchased tho, unfortunately), but from what I've heard it's basically part of XV's partially-retconned post-release lore and it was meant to build up to the other 3 DLC's.
Ok

Dragmire

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Hey pleaseinsertdisctwo have you played or watched KH:MoM?
Nameless_Star_KHIII.png

The fact that she needs help already isn't shocking huh?.

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
I wish that game had ever existed but it clearly didn't and what they had, had to have been awful or it would've made it eventually

Oct 25, 2017
No. The game is done and complete, and it's great in its current form.

Lets move on.

Also lol at "missing" Stella. That character was never a thing. Just a bunch of ridiculous head canons.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe a long time in the future with the franchise in a decent enough state and enough separation from the original release. It honestly needs remake-level effort though, and other FFs are well ahead of it in the remake line.

Woiwode

Banned
Sep 18, 2019
Game is such a god damn mess. Its like you give a child millions of dollars, talented artists and programmers.
Completely incoherent story that seems to start in the middle. (why do you use a teleporting dog to send messages instead of just calling her with your stupid phone, you find out that your home has been invaded in a newspaper???? the villian is "the empire" never heard that one before, making a big scene of that old guy that you only see once. It's not even clear if he was kidnapped, injured or killed in that scene. Also you are the chosen one that is really special without it feeling earned or justified in any way and so is your love interest of course. You can literally teleport and there are critical scenes where you need your friends to lift you up for dramatic reasons) the list goes on and on.
And on top of all that the game is no fun to play with endless running around in an empty world and driving a car that is as flexible as a train.Terrible sidequests that are nothing but fetchquests with no story or writing to them at all. They actually had to take the possibility of you dying in combat out of the game because it is such a messy combat system. So you can alsways just heal yourself to full health if your HP goes to zero. A sneaking mission with terrible stealth mechanics in which you get a game over if you get detected only to get detected in a cutscene and then you kill the entire base on your own anyway.

TheCed

Oct 27, 2017
It's time to move on.

I will never get the Full Matsuno's vision of FFXII
I will never get the Nomura's vision of FFVersusXIII
and let's be honest
We didn't get Tabata's fully realized vision of XV either. The Dawn Trailer shows us completely different ideas that couldn't make it in the final product.

It's done, the finished product is a mess that can't be fixed and I'm fine with that now.

Jun 13, 2020
XV needed less Nomura, not more. If it had been made by Tabata from the start it would probably have been a vastly better game.

OP
OP
pleaseinsertdisctwo
Oct 31, 2017
Why do you always get so hostile when people have, you know, opinions? You're so obnoxious.

XV's characters weren't the greatest in the world, no, but the core 4 of the cast were definitely some of the best characters in the series.

Sometimes my posts are actually somewhat hostile (and literally all my bans here have been for hostility), but I made this thread in a lighthearted manner. If anything, 95% of my posts are in good fun. In that particular instance, he made a jab, so I made a jab. It's something I repeatedly forget on the internet: I have to realize how I come across to others. It's my mistake and I apologize. I do realize that my behavior can be totally obnoxious, it's something I'll work on. Hope u have a good day

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I adore FFXV, it's more than the sum of its parts. But I think there are simpler, more practical and cost-effective additions they could make to improve the overall game.

I think the most impactful thing they could do would be to flesh out the Noctis-Luna relationship. This could be done with letters from Noctis to Luna and vice-versa -- longer and more detailed letters, fully narrated by them, received each time you camp or stay at a hotel, showing us their headspace, and how close they are. Noctis could grieve his father, lament his responsibilities and find an empathetic listener in Luna, for example. And he would likewise support her as she vents to him. Of course there would be lighthearted humor and slice-of-life stuff too, making them feel like real people.

This would then make later events hit way harder. It would also further develop Noctis, showing the toll everything is taking on him.

Jun 13, 2020
Nah Dude had a terrible track record as a Director the only game he worked on which was not mediocre at best was Crisis Core and it was just ok.
Ugh. I didn't know he directed The 3rd Birthday. I always assumed he was the one who came up with the road trip stuff in FFXV (the silver lining of the game) and that the bad stuff (bad combat, awful story) was part of Nomura's original idea for the game. I guess it's more complicated than that.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
I adore FFXV, it's more than the sum of its parts. But I think there are simpler, more practical and cost-effective additions they could make to improve the overall game.

I think the most impactful thing they could do would be to flesh out the Noctis-Luna relationship. This could be done with letters from Noctis to Luna and vice-versa -- longer and more detailed letters, fully narrated by them, received each time you camp or stay at a hotel, showing us their headspace, and how close they are. Noctis could grieve his father, lament his responsibilities and find an empathetic listener in Luna, for example. And he would likewise support her as she vents to him. Of course there would be lighthearted humor and slice-of-life stuff too, making them feel like real people.

This would then make later events hit way harder. It would also further develop Noctis, showing the toll everything is taking on him.
One thing that fans have talked about, is adding a date in to Altissia. Maybe a midnight rendezvous. I agree that there are lots of things that could be tweaked or added to fill out the story. Sidequests for example.

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Ugh. I didn't know he directed The 3rd Birthday. I always assumed he was the one who came up with the road trip stuff in FFXV (the silver lining of the game) and that the bad stuff (bad combat, awful story) was part of Nomura's original idea for the game. I guess it's more complicated than that.

Yeah at end FFXV was a typical Tabata game down to the same ending he used in every game (everyone dies).

Last edited:

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nomura is already trying to force Square to give him his way with Verum Rex, honestly.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
No. I really liked 15 for what it was, but there's so much that needs changing from the ground up in terms of design to get it to be the game it wanted to be from the early trailers.

Plus 16 is on the horizon and looks to be a return to what a lot of people want in terms of its classic fantasy setting. The same bright future can't be said to be on the cards for the Justice League films.

Slatsunus

Nov 2, 2017
Nomura is the one who came up with the clothing damage system for 3rd Birthday. Toriyama was the writer.

It was a true team effort.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
How do they release something that never existed in the first place?

Also, I don't want to see a Snyder Cut of anything.

Jun 13, 2020

Personally I think that the only thing that could save the game is just getting rid of all the story. It's a complete disaster that can only be fixed by scrapping the script and writing a completely new one.

FFXV would be great if it was just a long road trip. Give the characters some plot device to get from one side of the nation to the other, and make it a fantasy version of Stand by me (they had the rights to the song after all). Just focus on developing the main cast through this trip. No Empire, no Ardyn, no Lunafreya, none of that shit. Then re-design the combat (which is by all accounts poorly designed and broken) and you could have a great game.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Yes. But not what OP means where they release a version closer to the original trailer. I mean they should literally have Zack Snyder come in and help create new FF15 content, and then release a new version of the game with that included called "The Snyder Cut".

ragolliangatan

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 31, 2019
No, it would take 5 years of dev time that could be used making something more worthwhile.

FFXV turned out fine the way it was.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Personally I think that the only thing that could save the game is just getting rid of all the story. It's a complete disaster that can only be fixed by scrapping the script and writing a completely new one.

FFXV would be great if it was just a long road trip. Give the characters some plot device to get from one side of the nation to the other, and make it a fantasy version of Stand by me (they had the rights to the song after all). Just focus on developing the main cast through this trip. No Empire, no Ardyn, no Lunafreya, none of that shit. Then re-design the combat (which is by all accounts poorly designed and broken) and you could have a great game.
Hmm, I see where you're coming from, but FFXV has an incredible ending. There would still need to be some high-stakes scenes along the way to set it up.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe if FF fans are shitty enough theyll get it eventually lol
Lol Stella. The greatest character based on nothing of all time. Up there with Lily Bergamo.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
That setpiece in the OP *could* be incorporated into Altissia -- there's a part where you run down a similar hallway that could lead into it, and they clearly have a number of assets for it.

Oct 25, 2017
I hope no one actually thinks I genuinely miss Stella and worship her lol I don't really care

If anything I would say Lunafreya in her wedding dress (designed by Vivienne Westwood™) is my favorite character design in any game EVER and I think her character was a goddamn travesty

507.jpg

ugh look how fucking amazing she looks
Man, I don't know if it was a budget issue or a hardware issue, but the PS4 really didn't do Altissia justice, hahaha.

OP
OP
pleaseinsertdisctwo
Oct 31, 2017
I don't think you really understand game development at all
I think you're taking this thread too seriously

I know this is something that will never ever ever ever happen, ever. Not even in my dreams lol

and I don't actually miss Stella

I've accepted that it's a done deal

it's a thread made out of boredom and also bc someone else posted the E3 2013 trailer in another thread and I just felt like posting this