• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 31, 2017

I think it should. It'll make me burst out in laughter even if the party just went through something horribly depressing.

What about you guys?

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
She should say it once, and then everyone be like "what the fuck are you talking about?"

It was a really bad translation of zutto zutto zutto zutto.

Honestly, it's so bad I thought it was an intentional jab at the american localization of ff7. That's just headcanon though.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
That line has had longer legs and wider reach than I ever expected it to. I hear so many people say it, and it's always the most memorable line of that movie. It's so weird.

But yes, absolutely.

Oct 25, 2017
YES.

what's funny is, even in japanese, that line stood out to me and my brother due to the delivery/word used. "tsuru tsuru tsuru tsuru". We would just say that randomly when referring to the movie.

and then the english dub came out and managed to nearly one up that with dilly dally shilly shally.

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Yes. I really liked it. Actually, I really liked that movie overall.

CopyOfACopy

Oct 27, 2017
file.php

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
change it to dilly dilly and get that bud light crossover going

bevishead

Jan 9, 2018
It came off as lame sounding in Advent Children. I'm not sure how it could be said and sound in place with other dialog.

Whittaker

Jun 21, 2018
In the Advent Children context it worked fine as a localization of the original phrase's consonance.

But BS fan references that aren't motivated by the narrative itself tire me out. Are we gonna have Tifa pick a fight with kid-Greedo before the podrace too?

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Man people will not let that go. I never understood the fuss about that line.