HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
Never liked these ugly ass house boats.

91b418fe47eb54cf61d47a112fa997a1--houseboat-living-pontoons.jpg

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
How about from video game?

I'm baffled with Aya Brea paired with Kyle Madigan; especially in 3rd Birthday.

I mean, WTF...?

Kyle such a lame guy in Parasite Eve 2, and Aya somewhat interested in him???

F that.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Widowmaker and Tracer. They hate each other. Also Tracer's already in a relationship and Widow never fully got over murdering her husband so I think she still has some issues to work out before she starts dating again.

Also the Vasa
107056_v1.jpg

What do you mean you didn't account for wind?! Ships ran on wind!

megachao24

Oct 25, 2017
The Spanish Armada introduced the Dreadnaught class of ships in order to overpower the smaller British ships with it's large size and firepower. They got their asses handed to them by the Brits' smaller ships.

On the actual topic on hand: Persona 3 MC and Yukari always perplexed me since the game push her to be the semi-canonical love interest. But her bossy personality in the main game and her attitude in The Answer were huge turn offs for me. Hell, I never bothered to complete her social link since it's gets reversed so easily.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
ramform-atlas-pgs02455-16x9.jpg

It's like they built a quarter of a ship, and the designer went: "nah that's fine we don't need to do the rest".

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
Most of them, honestly. The whole culture is weird af to me.
It's one thing when people just treat it as a fun wish fulfillment fan activate.

It's another when you become so obsesses with it you got to mean spirited hate or talk down to other for not liking your ship or like others.

Look at the ending to Naruto, Bleach and shit in OP on Sanami end with Pudding.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I read this and now I don't have this problem.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
rsz_ssd-feature-08252015.jpg

the super star destroyer.
what kind of ship that size doesn't have some kind of backup control room if the bridge gets taken out? get your shit together, kuat drive yards.
honestly, a bunch of ISDs could probably do just as good as one of these anyway.

BlueBadger

Oct 26, 2017
Phoenix Wright and Maya Fey.

So gross to me. She's basically like his little sister. But it's such a popular ship for whatever reason :|

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I wanted to do a joke because I'm pretty sure there should be animes or mangas with characters with names based in ships, but I can't remember one :(

Jabronium

Oct 26, 2017
the super star destroyer.
what kind of ship that size doesn't have some kind of backup control room if the bridge gets taken out? get your shit together, kuat drive yards.
honestly, a bunch of ISDs could probably do just as good as one of these anyway.

Man the Executor was so awesome.

OT, pretty much all of them. I'd much rather create my own characters in an original work and have the relationships organically play out.

Shahed

Oct 27, 2017
UK, Newcastle
Oh that kind of shipping. I was expecting something else with actual ships.

But if I were to think about relationships, here's what confused me recently. I was fact checking some stuff for ASOIAF/Game of Thrones, and came across some theories. One of them was about Jon and Sansa being King and Queen at the end.

I was like what the hell? They're brother and sister! Well as far as they know. But forgetting that in a series with incest, there's the whole fact Jon and Sansa never really liked each other at all, and were the most distant of the Stark siblings, and the fact that Sansa looks like Catelyn who Jon grew up scared or weary of. If you think of Ygritte, Val or Daenerys, you have a certain style of woman Jon is drawn to compared to the more Lady like Sansa.

I looked into it a bit more and Jon/Sansa seems to be somewhat popular and they're 'shipping' name is Jonsa. I don't get it. I'm not a fan of Jon and Daenerys either, but even if that is technically more incest, in their heads it's inadvertent and they're strangers.

Beartruck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand any of the ships with Deku in My Hero Aca when he canonically is crushing on Uraraka.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Kylo and Rey, it makes zero sense. They had zero connection in TFA, everything Kylo has done, has been pure selfish evil for the sake of gaining power? He leads an organization that makes the Empire look calm in comparison, and she watches him murder his own father who she had a connection with.

Suddenly in TLJ we get this awkward force connection creating some kind of romantic angle that has some fans squealing. Of course Kylo does nothing but more awful things, continually killing her friends, and suddenly it's all emotional that she wants to turn some stranger over to the light side.... with no real reason to want this.

I pray that episode 9 has Rey in full ass kicking mode, and that they don't just retread the OT and TLJ with the whole light side trying to turn the bad guy. Rey should be out to kick Kylo's ass.... again

Goodstyle

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Sasuke and Sakura. They are so badly matched for each other that it's honestly funny. And we know Sakura is miserable even in their happily ever after too.

geomon

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
polls_3055661754_36a8279043_4826_572189_answer_3_xlarge.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I fucking love the USS Enterprise. I grew up dreaming about that ship. That being said, there are some serious design flaws here that don't make any sense. Weak points are all over this thing and the bridge just sits on top of the saucer, completely exposed.

One Piece Shipping is really weird since some big ones seem to pair the strawhats together when really for the most part that would ruin the family/sibling dynamic the starwhats have built up for each other and go beyond the strawhats all caring for each other equally.

Especially since none of the strawhats none of the strawhats have develop romantic feelings for one another and this has never been hinted as such, like Zoro won't get all romantic with Robin, or Luffy develop a crush on Nami, Nami doesn't view Robin in a romantic light.

And Sanji's whole thing is a gag (plus his end game is set in stone now)

And honestly I can't see Luffy ever getting with a woman since while he knows beautiful people and sees them as such, he has no interest or drive for romance.

Niji and Cosette is also weird considering he beat her nearly to death.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
Funny thing about Sakura and Sasuke the anime episode with Naruto ending just had to include something for the other major pairing and it fucking hilarious.

Goodstyle

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Apparently not...:

Him reciprocating never made sense, her not getting over a childhood crush who actively tried to kill her never made sense.

The fact that he's never around and gives her so little affection that his mere presence causes her to meltdown tells me she's miserable, even if that isn't intention of the writing.

Oct 29, 2017
Kylo and Rey, it makes zero sense. They had zero connection in TFA, everything Kylo has done, has been pure selfish evil for the sake of gaining power? He leads an organization that makes the Empire look calm in comparison, and she watches him murder his own father who she had a connection with.

Suddenly in TLJ we get this awkward force connection creating some kind of romantic angle that has some fans squealing. Of course Kylo does nothing but more awful things, continually killing her friends, and suddenly it's all emotional that she wants to turn some stranger over to the light side.... with no real reason to want this.

I pray that episode 9 has Rey in full ass kicking mode, and that they don't just retread the OT and TLJ with the whole light side trying to turn the bad guy. Rey should be out to kick Kylo's ass.... again

i still maintain that they should turn him to the light side and he's good and everyone's cool with him, and then chewie just rips his throat out.

but yeah this is a weird one. one shirtless scene and people want them to get together? he's a genocidal maniac.

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
"I dont get it" ship threads usually turn into shit shows with multiple casualties. But this threads calm. Prolly cuz no one knows what shipping is lol.

Now we can quietly delete it before things get out of hand...

Chamaeleonx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Never understood how they could ship Vasa. It's too goddamn heavy.

the-vasa-museum_rectangle.jpg
It looks amazing in person though, having been there before.

Yeah, I would guess the design they have is fore maximum speed and maneuverability.

Symphony Of The Seas

Wf4EfxU.jpg

When cruise ships have gotten so big that they make the Titanic look like a plastic toy, I keep wondering what's the point? Are they just building them bigger and bigger just to show they can?
I want them to recreate the Town ships from the "Girl und Panzer" Anime because I always liked them. Kinda like a mobile operation basis and for students to focus solely on learning. Hell even if it is just to see how it works and looks.

ramform-atlas-pgs02455-16x9.jpg

It's like they built a quarter of a ship, and the designer went: "nah that's fine we don't need to do the rest".
Aren't these the pull ships that help bigger ships into the harbor?

My personal favorite are drifting ships:

On topic:
I personally don't mind reasonable shipping, if it works for you okay. Though I don't like people that are to forceful on their shipping being the only correct one and if an author simply is bad at pairing characters due to multiple reasons. x_x

Chamaeleonx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Would guess a ship made for maximal speed during specific circumstances. These things never look like "normal ships". Or maybe something radar related. Stealth bomber have the same look generally, at least the early models.

Lexx. Like, how is a spaceship a living being?
I would like some living ships, would be an interesting concept for sure and maybe more eco then anything else. Add in living space ships as well.

Leynos

Oct 27, 2017
Project Habakkuk, aka the ice carrier.
project-habakkuk-66.jpg

An aircraft carrier made of ice, and wood pulp that would be "very difficult" to sink. Never mind the fact that it would have been hugely expensive in terms of wood, cork, steel, and other resources.