• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
I've been incredibly down on the MCU for quite some time now and absolutely hated Black Widow. So I really didn't have any expectations for this but...it was great! Imo the best MCU movie since Thor Ragnarok and Infinity War.

ACTUAL, GOOD DIRECTION?
Fun, well shot, nicely choreographed AND edited action?

I thought it was impossible, but it actually happened! Even the CG didn't bother me too much (outside of the car pummeling down the cliff in the prologue and that one CG shot of the Bus at the beginning of the action scene). I wanted to scream during most of Black Widow because of how much it relied on absolutely awful CG. I can excuse it here since they actually tried to use real sets and stunts if possible (most of the time) and I actually really liked the whole Pandaria vibe the last part of the movie gave off. If you have to turn the entire last act into a CG fest, then at least show me a Cthulhu Bat and a Dragon fight in mystical land instead of...2 people fighting with a few energy beams in front of a CG landscape that could just as well just have been a set. Or a real action scene with actual stunts. Yes, I'm still talking about Black Widow. I just still can't believe that very last fight took place on a grassy field and they just...shot that in front of a blue screen.

That was great! More of this!

Last edited: