Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
People are dumb. I agree Kamala's doesn't go far enough but it is monthly as opposed to a one time payout of $1000 from Romney. Good luck even getting $500/month payout allowed by the Senate and Whitehouse in their current state.

Steve Mnuchin said he's aiming for $1,000...

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
People are dumb. I agree Kamala's doesn't go far enough but it is monthly as opposed to a one time payout of $1000 from Romney. Good luck even getting $500/month payout allowed by the Senate and Whitehouse in their current state.
Romney's is also per adult and not per household.

They both have pros and cons but one certainly looks more appealing to people out of work right now.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
I know. It's out of desperation. It should be three times as much per household for the next 2-3 months to really have an impact.

It should be. I agree.

Nancy Pelosi shot down that amount. She literally objected to Jason Furman's plan, which has been the best one I've seen on this matter.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It should be. I agree.

Nancy Pelosi shot down that amount. She literally objected to Jason Furman's plan, which has been the best one I've seen on this matter.
In general or in terms of the bill they were working on? Because that context is sort of important, as trying to get it into the bill they just passed would have delayed it significantly.

Shooting it down entirely would be utterly bizarre considering the '00s history and the billion proposals out there in the House/Senate.

maxx720

Nov 7, 2017
It should be. I agree.

I'm not sure what Nancy and company are thinking. Furman's plan is a decent one especially with money per child as well.

Cromat

Mar 17, 2019
It just dawned on me that in hindsight it would have been better to have Romney win in 2012 to avoid Trump.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still working from home and am actually busier because of the industry I work in. I'm not affected by this financially outside of all the water I'm wasting because idiots have bought up all the toilet paper that is manufactured in the US and no shortage would be happening without a panic. I'll take the $1000 and sit on it. Thanks mitt.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
to be utterly fair, we can pass multiple plans as time passes.

also lets be clear, the Republican turnaround on the virus only just started occurring, the fools.

the most important thing to ensure people are able to ride the crisis, yeah, a republican proposed it, good, maybe we can get this underway sooner than a general battering ram for a week at them otherwise.