• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
[deleted by moderation]

I'm sorry you feel that way and sorry if my posts make you feel worse.

But having said that, while I know it's keen to call my posting and postings like it from other users nihilistic or doomposting or whatever, the reality is nothing I have said is untrue, and the fact that no one has any counterpoints to it other than 'stop being a quitter' or whatever shows how little substance there is to that. Not everyone is going to deal with these things the same way that you and others do. I totally understand wanting hope in what appears to be hopeless times. But there's also those of us who look into the darkness and nod our heads and just realize how things are and decide to fight even if they know it's fruitless, not everyone who goes into war thinks they can win that war.

And, as I said, I could be wrong. Who knows, maybe this will be the fuse that finally lights under establishment Dems to finally get raw and real. Maybe Joe Biden will get so fired up that he'll become someone entirely different from his previous decades and go ham. It's possible. Anything, in the end, is possible. But while I acknowledge that is a possibility, I'm not going to be bullied, I'm not going to be harassed and I'm not going to be intimidated into suppressing how I feel or how I see the world around me. In that way, I won't be offended at all if you decide to put my posts on ignore if they are having that kind of impact on you. If you are having sucidial thoughts, please, I hope that you seek out help. There's a lot of suicide prevention hotlines and resources out there. I know there's a thread out there that puts all of those together, so hopefully someone can provide a link (I can't seem to find it myself or I would,, and I'll try to seek it out and edit this post with it if no one can provide it).

Last edited by a moderator:

grang

Nov 13, 2017
you could you know blame trump voters, instead of trying to make enemies where they dont exist, but the left sucks at politics so shit like your stupid fucking post arent surprising
I don't understand. Why aren't you angry at the people who didn't vote or voted 3rd party because they didn't like Clinton in 2016 despite knowing what they knew about Trump?

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nope, I'm blaming the people who didn't vote or voted 3rd party. The democrats ran a lousy campaign, but Trump's hatred was spread far and wide. Anyone who heard his comments and sat out is to blame, regardless of how poor the democrats campaign was.
It was the Democrats' job to convince people to vote for them, they should have done that. If Trump's far and wide hatred still wasn't enough to turn the tides, it just shows how poor their campaign was. Also, even the Democrats were underplaying how bad Trump was, I remember right after he was confirmed the nominee Hillary conceded and I'm pretty sure said to give Trump a chance (I could be wrong on the second part, but I know someone said that).

mAcOdIn

Oct 27, 2017
I see what y'all are getting at, but I feel the dems carry more fault. Especially with the gamble they took with Trump. Mostly because they are the ones who should convince voters to turn out, not with identity politics, but with enticing policies.

They work for the people (lol supposedly), not the other way around. They know what they did, and the fucks don't care outside of a few. They benefit regardless outside of holding more power.
While I do believe that a politician should work for all their constituents that's not always reality. If your a liberal and have pro-lifers and pro-choicers in your district, State or whatever you're going to serve those that voted for you not people who refuse to engage in the process but demand you serve them regardless.

They whine about the party picking people they don't like but refuse to take part in the primaries, then don't vote for the candidate others picked and whine when Republicans get their way. At some point voters need to take some responsibility. The party sure as hell puts it's fingers on the scale but voters need to learn their leverage.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
If things stay the way they are, women's health, gay rights, labor right are in serious jeopardy. And that isn't including any kind of malarkey the republicans will try to rig the system to keep themselves in power. Yeah, things are bleak in the current situation, no getting around it.
We're only 60 years out from when things were far worse in every one of those categories than they are now. Our parents/grandparents/great grandparents pushed through with no idea whether things being better was even possible. I've got no respect for doom saying in 2020.

SquirrelSr

Oct 26, 2017
I guess ACA and Roe v Wade are dead then. Hell, they can even go after the VRA if they wanted to now.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
It is fucking mind numbing the logic hoops the GOP jumps through to actually say out loud that a judge with 3 years of experience is exceptionally qualified for a lifetime appointment. Fucking infuriating.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was the Democrats' job to convince people to vote for them, they should have done that. If Trump's far and wide hatred still wasn't enough to turn the tides, it just shows how poor their campaign was. Also, even the Democrats were underplaying how bad Trump was, I remember right after he was confirmed the nominee Hillary conceded and I'm pretty sure said to give Trump a chance (I could be wrong on the second part, but I know someone said that).

Trump running should have been enough for people to go out and vote for Hillary due to his racist/sexist behavior.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Dems should literally stack the court super hard then put through legislation that slowly bans the idea of supporting conservatism as it's terrorism. Make it illegal to be a scumbag of that level.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
We're only 60 years out from when things were far worse in every one of those categories than they are now. Our parents/grandparents/great grandparents pushed through with no idea whether things being better was even possible. I've got no respect for doom saying in 2020.
exactly, my great grandma was born in 1915. When she was born her mother couldn't even VOTE yet. my grandma was born in 1935, when she was born there wasn't even a civil rights act, and black people were literally barely above dogs in most places. They both went through a lot of shit i'd never dream of. So i won't be doom saying anything either.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is fucking mind numbing the logic hoops the GOP jumps through to actually say out loud that a judge with 3 years of experience is exceptionally qualified for a lifetime appointment. Fucking infuriating.
Her academic work is shit too!

she's not "brilliant" she can just regurgitate fedsoc talking points

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
Yeah I'm still floored by that as well. If someone was a manager for 3 years at a walmart, I guarantee you they wouldn't be considered a CEO position.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
To be clear, this sucks, but hope is not lost. Let's get through this election, then see what options exist beyond that. And, there are options, and Biden/Harris have not shut those down yet.

Progress isn't linear. There are dips if not dramatic backtrackings. However, we gotta keep pushing (and voting) to keep the overall, long-term trend progressive.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
Idk, seems like they just ran on identity politics than actual enticing policies. Please lead me to some proposals that Hillary would have offered to her constituents that would have turned out voters other than "hey I'm not Trump".

if after 4 years, someone has to spoonfed you Hillary potential polices, you never cared about policies.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
you could you know blame trump voters, instead of trying to make enemies where they dont exist, but the left sucks at politics so shit like your stupid fucking post arent surprising
Republicans vote party lines all day, every day. They are the constant. We have apathetic non-voters, protest voters, meme voters, and write-in voters to thank for 2016.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
To be clear, this sucks, but hope is not lost. Let's get through this election, then see what options exist beyond that. And, there are options, and Biden/Harris have not shut those down yet.

Progress isn't linear. There are dips if not dramatic backtrackings. However, we gotta keep pushing (and voting) to keep the overall, long-term trend progressive.
Now THAT'S the kind of posts we need to be seeing around here!

For as long as we have breath in our lungs, hope is not lost!

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of crazy to think I'll be retried and my three-year-old son will be a middle-aged man by the time she relinquishes her post.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
As expected. Our country is fucked. Even if Trump can't use this to steal the election, Dems won't have the backbone to make radical enough changes to save this country. We'll get four years of bandaids by Biden then the GOP will come roaring back when voters get complacent and that'll be game over time.

Oct 31, 2017

❤️

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
The Republican Party, y'all. Almost surgical in their cruelty and shamelessness.

I hope Coney understands her position, as hated by more than half of the country.

She does, and she doesn't care.

You think conservatives give a crap about such a thing as being hated by a majority of the country? They've got a mission.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
As expected. Our country is fucked. Even if Trump can't use this to steal the election, Dems won't have the backbone to make radical enough changes to save this country. We'll get four years of bandaids by Biden then the GOP will come roaring back when voters get complacent and that'll be game over time.
Feel better?

Yayate

Banned
Feb 8, 2018
Seems like we might see "court packing" each time a new regime takes power until laws are drafted that lessen the power of the legislative branch. Seems like the most obvious step is to limit the time federal judges can serve (10 years seems fair).

A law like that would definitely not be retroactive. But you're right, we need both.

But having said that, while I know it's keen to call my posting and postings like it from other users nihilistic or doomposting or whatever, the reality is nothing I have said is untrue, and the fact that no one has any counterpoints to it other than 'stop being a quitter' or whatever shows how little substance there is to that. Not everyone is going to deal with these things the same way that you and others do. I totally understand wanting hope in what appears to be hopeless times. But there's also those of us who look into the darkness and nod our heads and just realize how things are and decide to fight even if they know it's fruitless, not everyone who goes into war thinks they can win that war.

And, as I said, I could be wrong. Who knows, maybe this will be the fuse that finally lights under establishment Dems to finally get raw and real. Maybe Joe Biden will get so fired up that he'll become someone entirely different from his previous decades and go ham. It's possible. Anything, in the end, is possible. But while I acknowledge that is a possibility, I'm not going to be bullied, I'm not going to be harassed and I'm not going to be intimidated into suppressing how I feel or how I see the world around me. In that way, I won't be offended at all if you decide to put my posts on ignore if they are having that kind of impact on you. If you are having sucidial thoughts, please, I hope that you seek out help. There's a lot of suicide prevention hotlines and resources out there. I know there's a thread out there that puts all of those together, so hopefully someone can provide a link (I can't seem to find it myself or I would,, and I'll try to seek it out and edit this post with it if no one can provide it).

I don't see it as a personal thing, dw. I get the sentiment. But it's destructive. To yourself, and those around you. I completely understand— and to be completely honest, there's a very large part lf me that feels like you are right.

But I'm not going to accept this. I'm going to be optimistic. If not for myself, for those around me that are even worse off. The world doesn't need more nihilism. And I'll happily keep all of those feelings to myself and those closest to me.

Because hey, maybe someone will feel a little bit better when I tell them it'll be alright.

Because goddammit, it will all be alright. And I'll be fine.

(phone post sorry if it gets illegible anywhere)

CQC

Oct 25, 2017
While I do believe that a politician should work for all their constituents that's not always reality. If your a liberal and have pro-lifers and pro-choicers in your district, State or whatever you're going to serve those that voted for you not people who refuse to engage in the process but demand you serve them regardless.

They whine about the party picking people they don't like but refuse to take part in the primaries, then don't vote for the candidate others picked and whine when Republicans get their way. At some point voters need to take some responsibility. The party sure as hell puts it's fingers on the scale but voters need to learn their leverage.

I see where you're coming from now and honestly, I agree. My frustration comes from the softness of Democrats despite the GOP just throwing them gut punches one after the other.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like people who say this are too young to remember just how big a deal the ACA was when it passed and how many Democrat's careers it cost to make it happen.

The way people talk about Obamacare nowadays is very weird to me - despite its current popularity - especially from the left. The rise of the Tea Party, Trump even gaining some semblance of legitimacy as a presidential candidate, the GOP dominating the 2010 midterms and owning the House for 6 years, the GOP getting a majority in the Senate in 2014, were all direct consequences of the political will that was blown for a black man to get 20+ million more Americans healthcare.

TacoSupreme

Jul 26, 2019

I'm not trying to silence you or anything, but I think it's a moral imperative to take people who are on the edge of suicide into account when you talk about sensitive subjects. There are a million ways to express yourself that don't involve blunt, unnuanced statements like "it's over," or implications that you'll be dead/geriatric before anything gets better. And blithe "there are hotlines amirite" type statements are far-too-often used as a catch-all way of brushing off the suicidal.

And yelling at the suicidal that they're bullying or suppressing you is just fucking wretched.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
The way people talk about Obamacare nowadays is very weird to me - despite its current popularity - especially from the left. The rise of the Tea Party, Trump even gaining some semblance of legitimacy as a presidential candidate, the GOP dominating the 2010 midterms and owning the House for 6 years, the GOP getting a majority in the Senate in 2014, were all direct consequences of the political will that was blown for a black man to get 20+ million more Americans healthcare.
Racism is what it All was for republicans. All of it.

sprsk

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The Republican Party, y'all. Almost surgical in their cruelty and shamelessness.

She does, and she doesn't care.

You think conservatives give a crap about such a thing as being hated by a majority of the country? They've got a mission.

They only answer to Jesus.