• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
I can see this is a very divisive, and sensitive topic for a lot of folks. However, I think it is great to see another woman on the Supreme Court.

As a woman myself,

Fuck. That.

She's going to be responsible for eradication of our bodily autonomy and strip the rights of countless Americans.
Fuck her and everyone who voted her in.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
When one team cheats, their opponents have one of two options.

1. Take the L
2. Fight fire with fire

Time for Dems to stop taking the L and go scorched earth on the GOP. Pack the courts, statehood for DC & PR, whatever we legally can.

RoninZ

Oct 27, 2017
I hope the Democrats just decide to pack the court. This shit is ridiculous to say the least. 2020 continues to be horrible year.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
ElS_Tf_UUAAMGdf

Bananas resume. These folks are clearly groomed for Federal court seats based on being true believers in the supply side cargo cult, and just get to work in law adjacent fields for a couple decades until a lifetime appointment opens up.

There's villain upon villain in this situation, and we all know that McConnell and Trump and the leadership of the Federalist Society are mostly to blame here. If you are a true head maybe there's some anger at RGB for her retirement planning (or lack thereof.) Let's not forget the so called liberals on the court. They might be the "good guys" when it comes to rulings, but where's the outrage from sitting justices over these situations? Where's Kagan or Sotomayor going on the news and expressing some dismay over the way their august institution is being treated by the current President and Senate? Shit where is John Roberts, who just loves the court, he'd kiss and marry the court if he could, what does he have to say about this? All these assholes will just put on their robes and pretend this is normal, and they'll go on ruling 6 to 3 or maybe 5 to 4 that it's perfectly constitutional for Amazon to staple UPC scanners to a contractors forehead as long as it's an at will state.

No respect for this branch of government. Put another 9 justices on the court. Put 100. Let's turn the Supreme Court into something from Warhammer or Brazil, stadium seating with petitioners speaking into megaphones atop 2 story podiums to a sea of black robes and frowny faces.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I feel like for as much shit as McCain got, his death was the end of the GOP even pretending to be willing to work with Dems.

So yeah, fuck the GOP and every single one of them currently in the senate have just outed themselves as party over country forever.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
ElS_Tf_UUAAMGdf

Bananas resume. These folks are clearly groomed for Federal court seats based on being true believers in the supply side cargo cult, and just get to work in law adjacent fields for a couple decades until a lifetime appointment opens up.

There's villain upon villain in this situation, and we all know that McConnell and Trump and the leadership of the Federalist Society are mostly to blame here. If you are a true head maybe there's some anger at RGB for her retirement planning (or lack thereof.) Let's not forget the so called liberals on the court. They might be the "good guys" when it comes to rulings, but where's the outrage from sitting justices over these situations? Where's Kagan or Sotomayor going on the news and expressing some dismay over the way their august institution is being treated by the current President and Senate? Shit where is John Roberts, who just loves the court, he'd kiss and marry the court if he could, what does he have to say about this? All these assholes will just put on their robes and pretend this is normal, and they'll go on ruling 6 to 3 or maybe 5 to 4 that it's perfectly constitutional for Amazon to staple UPC scanners to a contractors forehead as long as it's an at will state.

No respect for this branch of government. Put another 9 justices on the court. Put 100. Let's turn the Supreme Court into something from Warhammer or Brazil, stadium seating with petitioners speaking into megaphones atop 2 story podiums to a sea of black robes and frowny faces.

Beyond her atrocious record, look at that fucking resume. I know professors at low tier law schools with more experience than her. Add that to her personal views and Good God.

Last edited:

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
Seriously?
Fuck the Democrats
Im so sick of them being such fucking useless cowards
How the fuck did they not do everything in their power to stop this when Republicans did the exact same thing to Obama and Merrick Garland

golguin

Oct 29, 2017
Seriously?
Fuck the Democrats
How the fuck did they not do everything in their power to stop this when Republicans did the exact same thing to Obama and Merrick Garland
This is why voting matters and why Democrats need to win the Senate.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously?
Fuck the Democrats

What could they do? They don't have the majority like the Republicans in obama's last few years.

Deleted member 9197

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I can see this is a very divisive, and sensitive topic for a lot of folks. However, I think it is great to see another woman on the Supreme Court.

This is exactly how all of the worst people will game the system to fuck us all over going forward. They're playing on this desire for representation without criticism and will continue to do so until we start judging people based on their ideas. My god, there are some people who would be praising the election of a carbon copy of Trump as long as it were a woman or a person of color. There is so much more to it than that.

D6pKxSSVsAIGpSK.jpg

Last edited:

Sexy Fish

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously?
Fuck the Democrats
53 > 47. That's how. Yet you blame the democrats instead of the Republicans that did the shitty awful thing.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously?
Fuck the Democrats

They could NOTHING. GOP had the votes and could confirm her. In both 2016 and today the GOP had the majority on the Senate and could do as they pleased. There was no option available to Dems back then or today.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
History will judge this day as a turning point for US politics. While its easy to get into the dumps, this is a pyrrhic victory. The GOP is facing fundamental demographic changes that aren't in their favor, and the way it's looking their national grip falls in a week.

The Dems might try to pretend it's still possible to work across the aisle giving the GOP a chance to rebuilt itself, but I don't think after crossing this rubicon its going to just leftists to demand payback. Dems will get with the program or get voted out by that same demographic shift. For years the left was painted as naive, "unpatriotic", "anti-governmental norms" by the right to justify their outright bigotry and hatred. And the right, even with all the cards, still justified their shenanigans by painting themselves this minority under attack.

With this capping off four years of terror and the willingness to throw norms away not for a higher moral ideal, just for power, they've guaranteed a large amount of the electorate hates them and will forever. And they will whine about some bullshit; religious freedom, bootstraps etc...which will still work on their dwindling base. But for a huge chunk of the US the GOP might as well run as the Klan with a healthy dose of Incel. There's no faux 'compassionate conservative' rebrand for this generation that suffered under this bullshit.

Last edited:

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Are you fucking kidding me? I'm going to assume you know literally nothing about her except for the fact that she's a woman because if you do, you are a giant part of the fucking problem.

edit: this fucker is 100% gonna run back to gaf and screech about them being persecuted for their beliefs

Last edited:

Plax

Nov 23, 2019
Seriously?
Fuck the Democrats

Put that disappointment/anger/energy into voting not only this election, but every election after. There was no way for Democrats to stop this, and even attempts to slow the process were ignored by the Republicans.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Seriously?
Fuck the Democrats

Republicans had all the power in the Senate when Obama nominated Garland. They had all the power here to seat Barrett.

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
Put that disappointment/anger/energy into voting not only this election, but every election after. There was no way for Democrats to stop this, and even attempts to slow the process were ignored by the Republicans.

I already do every election, and all the Democrats do is fuck over Bernie Sanders and worry about appealing to "moderates"

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously?
Fuck the Democrats

They didn't have the Senate and there were no more moves to make. Since there was no majority because of how previous elections turned out, there was nothing that could be done. That's why strategic participation is so important for everyone.

Pretty sure that weeaboom comment is satire. Nobody's that stupid, yall and it only works as a joke. lmao'd at more *clap* women *clap* cops

Sexy Fish

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I already do every election, and all the Democrats do is fuck over Bernie Sanders and worry about appealing to "moderates"
Well if Bernie was the nominee we would have zero chance at a Senate majority to pack and fix this shit. So be happy about that if we pull this shit off. It sucks, but the country as a whole would not be as supportive and lots of downballot candidates would have got hurt.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
I will never cease to find it funny how any time Republicans unilaterally make a decision, most people's first reaction is "how could the Democrats let this happen?"

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
I'm not normally the type of woman who wants to physically fight people who post on message boards, but this comment...whew.
Fucking comment is like saying well at least they were black even though they are fucking clayton bigsby or uncle ruckus or Clarence Thomas.
Guess what. Congress holds all the keys.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
That bizarre trolling by House judiciary Republicans of Hillary Clinton is ghoulish and perfectly represents the GOP.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Seriously?
Fuck the Democrats

Look, as I said earlier, I'm all about whipping the establishment Dems, but there is literally nothing else they could have done here. That's not me making excuses, that's just reality. The filibuster for SC nominations was already nuked, and they did all the procedural things possible to delay the vote. Outside Chuck coming in with a shotgun and holding the place up by literal force, there's nothing that could be done here on the Dems side. You can blame them for a lot of shit, but not this.