• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, im just gonna delete this game. Such a damn shame I cant get a refund anymore. I got to the butterfly lady and honestly, I have zero idea what the fuck I am supposed to do. Her attack pattern is literally just jump everywhere, hit 10 times in a row (some hits do damage and some dont?) And throw a couple of knifes at you. The game told me to use B to dodge her attacks but I dont understand why? Its not like her pose is gonna fall when you uselessly dodge around. Parrying is a death wish since her one combo kills you and there is no fucking way you parry all her hits. Also my weapon doesnt seem to do any damage to her for some reason?

This really soured me to from. The story so far seems pretty bad so its not like that is gonna keep me going.

EDIT. I just watched a walktrough which is a 10 minute video where the player pretty much hits her once, runs around, hits once rince repeat. Is this seriously supposed to be fun?
I beat the fuck out of her, parry. Throw shirikens when she jumps in the air and knock her on her ass. Dodge her grabs and leg drops and punish

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
I definitely had the experience with the npc in that
drunk
fight that he died almost instantly and the hardest part was me keeping him alive for potential later story repercussions than anything else.

I said fuck it and beat the Drunkard on my own, after the fight he pops out like he's ready to die only to find out that you just killed everybody lol

He then said something like ''You killed everyone...cool...''

Last edited:

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
How the hell can he get her pose so quickly? That is like impossible. She gets my pose too 100% in a single combo.
Few things:

You really should go back to the beginning of the game (near the sculptor) and practice with the undead guy.

Perfectly blocking an attack deals greater posture damage than normal.
He's not giving her posture time to regen (using the shuriken prosthetic)
People's posture regens slower + drains faster when they have lower health

Also, the answer the statement you had in your earlier post: some of your attacks are not hurting her because she blocks. She blocks often which is why this video focused so much on perfectly blocking her attacks (because that's the best way to deal posture damage and open someone up to a deathblow if they are not giving you an opportunity to attack them normally)

Again, try out the undeads sparring partner.

Oct 28, 2017
I'm interested in this game.....all depending on difficulty

I beat and loved bloodborne and dark souls 3. I found them very hard and overall stressful games. Is this the same ? Or slightly easier ? I dont know if I want to suffer again. I honestly felt like it was not healthy to play those games and the overall stressful feeling I had the entire time playing.

Also, envieontments. Is there vast and varied landscapes similar to the other mentioned games? Or is it all very similar? No spoilers please.
It is much harder than any of the previous Souls games, both in terms of combat and punishment for death. I'm not very far in, but the environments seem reasonably varied while maintaining the setting.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
doing worse and worse during my bossfight instead of better
Taking breaks has gotten me through a lot in this game. Some people can do 10 hour sessions or whatever, but if I get stuck at a fight, I usually do much better coming back to it later.

I'm in no hurry to rush through the entire game in a weekend.

Deleted member 2834

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wow I definitely recommend doing the quest for the guy near the horse boss, the reward is awesome (and also makes me wonder how much other stuff I'm missing)

a whole new skill tree for an overhand weapon art that unlocks upgrading damage after deflections and thats just level 2
Yeah, it's essential to be honest. That should be everyone's top priority once you get access to it.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Okay. Iaijutsu guy down. Made it to the top of the castle and got my ass kicked. Please tell me there's another way to get to him or at least a closer shrine so I don't have to fight like five samurai and three Nightjars on my way up there.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
Im starting to wonder if all the people finding this super hard are on consoles with the variable framerate. Maybe it's easier at locked 60?
I'm on base PS4 and its perfectly playable.

Sure you can run past them, specially the area before the boss, but that doesn't feel right, if the game gives me a so direct way to avoid them, the roof there, then that's a design flaw. It's so shit that the game itself gives you a way around.
The souls games do this very same thing only they expect you to run straight through the enemies not around them on rooftops. So you would rather wade through that group in the courtyard every time before you get to the boss? I thought you don't like fighting against so many enemies?
And fighting against so many is just not fun in this game. Picking them singlehandedly out of the group isn't fun either and cheesy.
See my last comment. Your saying a whole lot of nothing.

All this talk about the lack of Summoning, but Invading would be so incredible in this, my god.
I do have to wonder how a potential sequel with Multi would work. Like I feel the freedom of movement would destroy pvp.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Okay. Iaijutsu guy down. Made it to the top of the castle and got my ass kicked. Please tell me there's another way to get to him or at least a closer shrine so I don't have to fight like five samurai and three Nightjars on my way up there.

There should be a sculpture right outside the room with the Iaido guy. Then you can just head out of the Iaido guy's room to the left and up to the rooftop. Shouldn't be any enemies.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
Jeez this game is hard, so much harder than BB XD, but I'm having fun with the combat so it's not too frustrating right now. Fighting multiple enemies though is where the difficulty feels a little cheap, combat system just doesn't feel like it does well in those situations with the camera and lock on becoming a pain. Most my deaths during the Drunkard fight were because of trying to get rid of the mob first, once I got into a nice one on one it was cool but having to get rid of those around especially with the arrows shooting at you was difficult. Still though, a few hours in now and it's pretty damn good so far.

ZORt0lC.gif

Icedragon08

Oct 30, 2017
Just beaten the game, genuinely might be one of the hardest games I have beaten. Ending I got was the
Shura ending
I had fun sometimes but even the victories did not feel rewarding but more lucky.

By getting that ending you probably missed almost 1/4 of the game. The Shura ending happens much earlier than the other ones and you missed the last area of the game (which is gigantic) and at least 3 bosses (could be more and there are optional ones)

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
I'm still stuck here. I've beaten all the other games like this and the mobs are just wrecking me. I can't thin them out, and even when I do finally get 1v1 I'm struggling.

I've only upgraded ninja skills at this point. No health upgrades or anything. Maybe I should try going somewhere else?
I ended up having 3 health Gourds here but I did take out the Shinobi Hunter and another guy for prayer beads. After the Ogre in Ashina Outskirts I was able to get a third and the Ogre gave me enough prayer beads for a Vitality upgrade.

As for the section I only fought the first archer, ran to under the walkway(which acts like tall bushes, makes you in stealthy state) and stealthed through the lake, went into the building on the left with 2 guys which I killed and crouched walked along the corridor that leads to Druken Bozo's buddies. The doorway leads you straight to a backstab to one shield boi after that I would run over to the archer and kill him with two hits but that's persobally choice. For the next 5 minutes it was a sequence of leading bozo and his gang into that building and around the corridor. Bozo is a bit slow and sometimes stops to take a swig so that gives you time run round and take one of the guys out. Rinse and repeat until no mobs left. Then! Inlead bozo through the corridor then ran off to hiding spot (can't remember which one maybe crouched in the lake). He de- agro'd abd turned his back letting me take 1 kill with stealth. Then I run to friendly samurai Gematsu or whatever to take the last health. When it was 1 on 1 I pretty much held sprint and when he did the push then swing attack he recovers slowly I ran in and did a running slash then ran away again and that whittled him down. One thing I found with the mobs is not going toe to toe but holding R1 and doinng a thrust attack to quickly do damage from a generally safe range and run before Bozo catches up.

I honestly couldn't take him head on it seemed like my posture would break so easily and that sweep attack get's whipped out before I can react to it. I kinda wish the jumping could cancel attacks because sometimes I'm jumping and it's like it's being buffered or something. Especially noticed it on Lady Butterfly where I press jump while dodging and it seems to come out so slowly afterwards and her sweep attacks hit like a truck.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Shadowrush looks insane

At 21 sec mark. Looks like I'll have to grind out some more skill points.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
I really hope From Software doesn't release a patch lowering the difficulty...too many people on Twitter and forums complaining about how hard it is...

It's bound to happen, all Souls games are harder on day one compared to say day one-hundred.

I remember beating Dark Souls on PS3 without even knowing what a patch is (my PS3 was completely offline back then and I had no PSN), it was hard, bosses drop very few souls and no humanity, enemies' aggro range are also much bigger.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
just found my first "invisible wall", it had a prayer bead inside too, so now im obcessing over how many ive missed lol.

for those that want to know: travel to
Ashina Castle Upper Tower, in the first big room you go to with the patrolling blue samurai, kill them all etc, then in the room to the right, there are a couple of samurai armor stands with a scroll in the middle. hug the scroll, and you flip to the other side.
If anyone knows any other secret walls, please share with us fam (spoiler tagged for the sensitive)

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
The boss situation itself, I have to agree. Some enemies and the boss and you can take the other out first in some way seems ok and doable. Yes.

But when the game, like right in front, on the way, to the burning building, puts you 5-6 opponents in your way, or right before the boss in that area before the river, that's what I call unfair or an design flaws, cause that's not how the game is intended to be played, against 4-6 people at once and on the cliff on the way to the house, you almost have to run into that group before you even can notice them. That's bollocks.
Sure you can run past them, specially the area before the boss, but that doesn't feel right, if the game gives me a so direct way to avoid them, the roof there, then that's a design flaw. It's so shit that the game itself gives you a way around.
And fighting against so many is just not fun in this game. Picking them singlehandedly out of the group isn't fun either and cheesy.

So, what is it then? Bad. Simply, bad.

But yes, the boss area specifically isn't I agree.

The combat engine is perfectly suited to fighting multiple scrubs as well as intense duels. It also tends to give you a way around fighting groups (through picking them off). You are given all the tools you need to approach these encounters a number of ways.

There is nothing wrong with the game design (which is genuinely superb) and Sekiro is certainly not "bad". You are letting your wounded ego talk here, dude.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Fucking hell!!! I've beaten a super hard boss and the mother fucker options button skipped the cinematic, someone was at the door just at the moment I landed the killing blow, tried to pause but no, it had to skip the shit.

Last edited:

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope From Software doesn't release a patch lowering the difficulty...too many people on Twitter and forums complaining about how hard it is...

Honestly I really hope From patches in an optional easy mode. That way people that find it too hard can still enjoy it, while others like you can just play like normal. everybody wins!

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Okay so I must be missing something. I'm fighting a general, and I keep trying to deflect his attacks and then counter. But he just keeps attacking, I never get a good opening, and my posture keeps going up way faster than his. Am I doing something wrong? I'm trying to learn parrying now against these mid boss enemies before I go up against someone that will totally wreck my shit, but I must be missing something regarding timing, right?

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The combat engine is perfectly suited to fighting multiple scrubs as well as intense duels. It also tends to give you a way around fighting groups (through picking them off). You are given all the tools you need to approach these encounters a number of ways.

There is nothing wrong with the game design (which is genuinely superb) and Sekiro is certainly not "bad". You are letting your wounded ego talk here, dude.
nah. a lot of the time the killing blow can put you in harms way.

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
just found my first "invisible wall", it had a prayer bead inside too, so now im obcessing over how many ive missed lol.

Ashina Castle Upper Tower, in the first big room you go to with the patrolling blue samurai, kill them all etc, then in the room to the right, there are a couple of samurai armor stands with a scroll in the middle. hug the scroll, and you flip to the other side.
If anyone knows any other secret walls, please share with us fam (spoiler tagged for the sensitive)

There's one in the building after the Drunkard fight. Go left and there's a picture after the 2 enemies you can lean against.

Also right near where you found that one there's two blue samurai by a window and some stairs. there's a breakable wall there.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
reposting for new page since it was at the bottom:

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
So I just beat the General, and was exploring the nearby cliffs...

and I got killed by a huge huge snake. What the fuck what the fuck what the fuck

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Or the first half of the Nioh OT.
Sekiro OT2 will be good once the whiners leave and move on to their easier games.

Some of the posts here are just straight up wrong and people approaching the game the wrong way.
How many of your posts in this thread are just you whining about other people's impressions?
You want to discuss the game, go ahead, no one is stopping you.

Out_Of_Ammo

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium

I've found one at
Hirata estate, after you beat the drunkard. It's on a wall to the left in the mansion (near the crying maid). It has a scroll with a japanese symbol on it. There was also a prayer beat behind it and some other items.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Okay so I must be missing something. I'm fighting a general, and I keep trying to deflect his attacks and then counter. But he just keeps attacking, I never get a good opening, and my posture keeps going up way faster than his. Am I doing something wrong? I'm trying to learn parrying now against these mid boss enemies before I go up against someone that will totally wreck my shit, but I must be missing something regarding timing, right?

Make sure you're properly timing the deflect and not just blocking. You'll know because there will be more orange sparks on a deflect. Also sometimes you can't get a counterattack in after the deflect; it's more just for good posture damage. Keep swinging your sword at him until he deflects, then get ready to deflect his attack, rinse and repeat.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

the first general? terrible advice, but once I started fighting him more focused on evading than parrying he fell down first try.

Be sure to try to stealth attack him so you can have one of his HP orbs out.

Deleted member 2834

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are firecrackers OP or am I crazy? It feels like they're the best prosthetic most of the time. Especially paired with the move that builds up posture damage.

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
Wooo. Just finished
Guardian Ape
First boss that took me more than a couple tries.
Him popping back up with the sword legit scared me. The second fight where the brown ape comes in is pretty rough but seemed easier than fight ones phase 2.

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
The game also says that those with quick recovery will have it slowed down the more health damage they take.

Easiest thing to do with her first phase is attack until you see a large set of sparks then dodge and repeat. Throw shurikens if she is in the air.
I actually just acvidentally "got" the shuriken trick, I didnt realize you could sometimes knock her down and do basically a single hit worth of "free" damage to her.

I beat the fuck out of her, parry. Throw shirikens when she jumps in the air and knock her on her ass. Dodge her grabs and leg drops and punish
If I understand correctly the kick in her combo doesnt actually do hp damage and they dont need to be manually deflected?
Few things:

You really should go back to the beginning of the game (near the sculptor) and practice with the undead guy.

Perfectly blocking an attack deals greater posture damage than normal.
He's not giving her posture time to regen (using the shuriken prosthetic)
People's posture regens slower + drains faster when they have lower health

Also, the answer the statement you had in your earlier post: some of your attacks are not hurting her because she blocks. She blocks often which is why this video focused so much on perfectly blocking her attacks (because that's the best way to deal posture damage and open someone up to a deathblow if they are not giving you an opportunity to attack them normally)

Again, try out the undeads sparring partner.
Thanks for the tips, I will try again later but I gotta say that this is probably going the be the only From game in a long time that im not gonna play till the end.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
OT2 will be good once the whiners leave and move on to their easier games.
Truth.
It's bound to happen, all Souls games are harder on day one compared to say day one-hundred.

I remember beating Dark Souls on PS3 without even knowing what a patch is (my PS3 was completely offline back then and I had no PSN), it was hard, bosses drop very few souls and no humanity, enemies' aggro range are also much bigger.
Yeah I'm honestly thinking about turning off auto update just in case lol.
So I just beat the General, and was exploring the nearby cliffs...

and I got killed by a huge huge snake. What the fuck what the fuck what the fuck
Glad to see you stuck around! It gets better.

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
Is this game great? Considering waiting for a deal, but I'm a huge fan of souls games, I know this is a little different, but still intend to play it eventually... or is it definitely a play it NOW kind of thing?

KamenRiderEra

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, im just gonna delete this game. Such a damn shame I cant get a refund anymore. I got to the butterfly lady and honestly, I have zero idea what the fuck I am supposed to do. Her attack pattern is literally just jump everywhere, hit 10 times in a row (some hits do damage and some dont?) And throw a couple of knifes at you. The game told me to use B to dodge her attacks but I dont understand why? Its not like her pose is gonna fall when you uselessly dodge around. Parrying is a death wish since her one combo kills you and there is no fucking way you parry all her hits. Also my weapon doesnt seem to do any damage to her for some reason?

This really soured me to from. The story so far seems pretty bad so its not like that is gonna keep me going.

EDIT. I just watched a walktrough which is a 10 minute video where the player pretty much hits her once, runs around, hits once rince repeat. Is this seriously supposed to be fun?

You just evade to her side and chip a few hits. Its a very bloodborne fight. You must keep pressuring her. On the second phase you run when she does the projectile, but the overall strategy remains. Also there are plenty of other paths to explore if you think that you are not ready yet to the fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.