Wehrwolf

Oct 28, 2017
Ouch. For my intelligent controller order via DHL, CD Japan just unexpectedly charged me $140 for extra shipping fees on top of what they charged me before with an updated shipping charge of 24513yen.

Asked if they can change it to EMS and refund the difference, but not excited about it. Wouldn't have ordered it from them in the first place if they didn't have a deceptively cheap shipping listed for it.

Oct 25, 2017
Wakayama
Those games are incredibly popular and have been dumped for ages. I don't think you have to worry about preservation at all. I think what you really mean is "availability of a classic".

I guess what I mean is "preserved in an official capacity". Like, nearly every game ever made in the classic era has been dumped by this point. I mean in an official capacity where if one didn't want to delve in the legally gray area of emulation and fiddle with emulators and emulation settings, etc., they could just buy it.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Ouch. For my intelligent controller order via DHL, CD Japan just unexpectedly charged me $140 for extra shipping fees on top of what they charged me before with an updated shipping charge of 24513yen.

Asked if they can change it to EMS and refund the difference, but not excited about it. Wouldn't have ordered it from them in the first place if they didn't have a deceptively cheap shipping listed for it.
Shipping prices have shot up through the roof lately. You can get some of it back with the exchange rate being what it is but is still crazy.

Lucent

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
I had to cancel mine, unfortunately. Looks like I did it just in time. Very low on money right now. If they're still available when I have the funds, I may grab one.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, completely forgot about the Cyberstick and it releasing around the same time.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
How do I order the Genesis 2 if i'm in Canada?

Amazon | 【For sales in North America】SEGA Genesis Mini 2 | その他のゲーム機種本体全般

【For sales in North America】SEGA Genesis Mini 2がその他のゲーム機種本体全般ストアでいつでもお買い得。当日お急ぎ便対象商品は、当日お届け可能です。オンラインコード版、ダウンロード版はご購入後すぐにご利用可能です。

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Canceled mine from Amazon US and Amazon Japan.

Honestly not going to play it at all. No time.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Just got my charge, but my card provider has inexplicably decided to flag it as suspicious, so now I've been on hold with them for half an hour. Fun!

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
Amazon UK tried to charge me, but Amazon JP didn't.

Right now I don't have the funds because I'm in the hospital, but Amazon usually tries to charge again later in the day, right?

I gotta get out of here fast, lol.

If Amazon UK can't take the charge, you usually get an email notification saying they'll try it again. In my experience, you get up to 5 days before they cancel the order fully.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
If Amazon UK can't take the charge, you usually get an email notification saying they'll try it again. In my experience, you get up to 5 days before they cancel the order fully.
Thanks! 5 days is a relief, but I'm gonna try and solve the payment today.
I want this thing shipped asap.

I wonder when Amazon JP will release their stuff.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Amazon JP always releases on-time, they're amazing.

I just checked and they've already charged me for the NA Mini 2. No charge for the JP Mini 2 just yet, but I'm sure it'll be done very shortly.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
People are starting to get charged? That's a good sign. Been wondering when this would start to ship out.

I pre-pay for all my pre-orders on Amazon, so I can't really use being charged as a gauge.

Also yes. In the past, orders I've gotten from Amazon Japan have shown up very, very quickly (I think my TG-16 mini showed up in like... 3 or 4 days?).

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Amazon UK still haven't charged me and yet it is supposedly meant to be arriving tomorrow (by 11pm lol, what is the point in me getting it that late?). At this point I very much doubt it.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Huh, you can play Fantasy Zone Genesis with Space Harrier's soundtrack?

And my Amazon shipping says Arriving Oct 31st - November 10th. Huh.

Arukado

Oct 27, 2017
Mine shipped earlier today from Amazon.es. Looking forward to playing tomorrow.

Last edited:

Xwing

This guy are sick of the unshakeable slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Mine shows a delivery range of between October 31 and November 10. It'll get here eventually, lol.

Literally the only account I've seen posting about this release on twitter is the M2 account, which of course is understandably entirely focused on the Japanese audience.

Serein

Mar 7, 2018
Amazon UK still haven't charged me and yet it is supposedly meant to be arriving tomorrow (by 11pm lol, what is the point in me getting it that late?). At this point I very much doubt it.
I do have a £210 difference between my account balance and available funds which must be for this (I also have one ordered for a friend in Japan - he's getting me a Japanese one).

I haven't worked for Amazon before but I have worked for a major UK retailer that operated home deliveries. The "by 11pm" means it's booked in for delivery tomorrow. They can't narrow the timeslot down any further because they don't have a complete list of orders to be fulfilled yet. Just expect it in whatever time window Amazon deliveries usually arrive for you.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Mine shows a delivery range of between October 31 and November 10. It'll get here eventually, lol.
Oh yeah, Lookit that!
It says this for mine too. Before when I used to check on it (can't exactly remember last when I looked, though), It would say the earliest arrival would be 3NOV. So that's a little encouraging, I guess lol.

Wehrwolf

Oct 28, 2017
At about 2:04:00 they do mention there will be another batch of the cyberstick available by the end of the year.

At 2:23:05 is the Space Harrier vocal song. I've heard it before, but he's so enthusiastic singing it (the same singer as the Daytona USA songs)

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
My Japanese MD2 shipped last night. Thank the dogs to a favorable USD to JPY exchange rate, total cost is $77.50 lol. (Though I'm having it shipped to my local office in Japan)

Meanwhile, I've been charged for the U.S. Genesis model but still awaiting shipping confirmation. This is being sent to my home in U.S.

I have a backup JP unit that I ordered through Ami Ami, but no word on that yet.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Just got my JP order charged. Kinda crazy that importing the Japanese version is way cheaper than the US version thanks to the exchange rate.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
CD Japan just invoiced me ¥20,791 to make up for their shipping charge mistake on the Cyber Stick. In 20+ years of ordering from them this is the first time I've ever had something like this happen. Shipping is now more than the stick.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
Just got charged. Excited for next week, shipping from Japan to my country normally takes 5 to 7 days. This time managed to get the MegaCD add-on, didn't want to miss out like the last time. Hopefully the console is on the same scale as the first, so I could also mix the add-on with the Genesis 1 and the cart.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Just got my JP order charged. Kinda crazy that importing the Japanese version is way cheaper than the US version thanks to the exchange rate.
I wish I had paid attention. My dumbass pre-ordered on Amazon US and paid $135 after shipping and it'll likely come later than people that ordered it off Amazon JP, lol.

That's on me, though!