Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
You don't have to be really competent to see an opportunity and take it. It just so happens a popular youtuber is sympathetic to your views, they going to take what chance they can get.
that may be true, but looking at the last 100 years of history, conservatives don't have to be particularly clever. but they have demonstrated a level of competency relative to their own goals. debate it but you can't deny it.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yikes,

Literally putting teachers in a position where they'll get brigaded for directly stating that Nazis and racism are bad, and in some cases you're going to have to let kids read about the holocaust and let them decide if it's a bad thing or a conspiracy theory.

Thankfully I wouldn't go that far. I teach Night by Elie Wiesel when we study man's inhumanity to man through literature, and there's no way in hell I give students the opportunity to decide if the holocaust was real or not. My students are thankfully smart enough to know that as well.

Slim

Banned
Sep 24, 2018
I hope the teacher takes legal action against this kid. It's gonna be the best lesson he'll ever get.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
I've come to see radicalization, especially in the age of microtargeting and large, well-funded organizations making use of its evil effectiveness, as a drug.

You can see these vulnerable not-yet-shitheads go over the brink in real time. "CMON, JUST ANOTHER DRINK" and next thing you know, they're seeding the next group, their dignity and pride in a successful life replaced with a gnawing, ghoulish desire to harm others and to be superior to everyone else they've deemed fit for it reeling with every hit they take to their reputation for this dark evil.

As someone who graduated HS in the mid-90s, this is exactly how I feel and it bugs me out. Everything looks like it was going in the right direction until social media came on the scene. Now every asshole in the world has a bullhorn, screaming at each other with no filter.

Preach. We don't use nor percieve the internet like we used to.

We are living in the wrong timeline with him and his ultra-slick-yet-ultra-hick insults not being governor-elect.

Oh well, Rubio's ass is on deck soon enough...

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck Pewdiepie. Nothing but white supremacist trash who pals around out with far right and alt-right nazis. All he does on YouTube and Twitter is spread hate.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it's so strange that all of the consistent "keep politics out of my games" posters don't show up in these threads.

ah yes "outrage culture". i'm sure you're here with good intentions. transparent.
To be fair, we're in Etcera, and many of them don't venture out this far. Now if this thread was on gaming side you'd see a ton of them including some thread whining about "what does this have to do with gaming?".

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
You're already putting in more effort than most parents then
I'm trying my best. But I'm also a teacher so I have some training in this area and I've seen a lot of fucked up, anxious students. :/

To be fair, we're in Etcera, and many of them don't venture out this far. Now if this thread was on gaming side you'd see a ton of them including some thread whining about "what does this have to do with gaming?".

Too many people try to pretend that things associated with gaming and streaming are somehow divorced from the industry, but it's tech that keeps PDP alive as much as anything else - gaming companies themselves, streaming platforms, YouTube, Twitter, etc. It's a huge web of culpability.

Iloelemen

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can PewDiePie just stop already and can any of his YouTuber squad start speaking out against him being being all chummy with nazis? Everything about his current standing is just seriously wrong. I just hope that any damage from him is minimized and not long-lasting.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Can PewDiePie just stop already and can any of his YouTuber squad start speaking out against him being being all chummy with nazis? Everything about his current standing is just seriously wrong. I just hope that any damage from him is minimized and not long-lasting.

Even if he weren't to hold these views (to be clear I think he's at least sympathetic to the white nationalist cause), he knows that his base would be just as happy turning around and torching him if he were to disavow them. They're content as long as they have something to burn down. And they'd move on to the next "Ha ha videogames, what's up with the Jews?" guy they could find.

Biggersmaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Minneapolis
I don't know much about PewDiePie other than what occasionally pops here, but the defense force in response criticisms of online personalities is just idiotic. It's cult like.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Pewds had 30 different opportunities to not fuck up everything again. LeTs gIve hIM aNoTHeR CHAncE