No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who graduated HS in the mid-90s, this is exactly how I feel and it bugs me out. Everything looks like it was going in the right direction until social media came on the scene. Now every asshole in the world has a bullhorn, screaming at each other with no filter.

The Internet Fuckwad Theory was more prophetic on a grander scale than the creators could even imagine.

Same age, same feeling.

kittoo

Banned
Apr 20, 2018
Yupe, PewDiePie and especially his fanbase are pure trash. I am amazed how PewDiePie haasnt been dragged through the coals for his anti-semitism, racism (especially against Indians) etc.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well the good news is the politically active end of Gen Z is the progressive end
I really wouldn't be so sure. I was born in 1999- grew up right as social media started to burst, so I've seen the growing-up experience transform from "a bunch of 5 year olds play on Game Boy Advance consoles" to "my 4 year old second degree cousin only cares about her tablet". And the entire YouTuber/social media culture that grew up around that is incredible at indoctrinating teenagers and kids. I grew up in Turkey and a lot of teens say the N-word left and right because they hear it from youtubers and think it's a cool/funny thing to say, while lacking the social context as to why it's an unacceptable thing to say.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
I really wouldn't be so sure. I was born in 1999- grew up right as social media started to burst, so I've seen the growing-up experience transform from "a bunch of 5 year olds play on Game Boy Advance consoles" to "my 4 year old second degree cousin only cares about her tablet". And the entire YouTuber/social media culture that grew up around that is incredible at indoctrinating teenagers and kids. I grew up in Turkey and a lot of teens say the N-word left and right because they hear it from youtubers and think it's a cool/funny thing to say, while lacking the social context as to why it's an unacceptable thing to say.
Oh I'm not saying a good number of them aren't little shits. I'm saying those ones are less politically active than the others.

swift-darius

May 10, 2018
yeah, because harassing the poor guy and his family isn't entirely proving his point, you knuckle dragging dipshits

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
PDP's inability to ever take the high road and be responsible with his following makes him the ultimate snowflake. Just because some random teacher said something bad about you, you're going to sic your millions of fans on them? That's fucking low.

The teacher was right.

PDP is finally going to admit he's a Nazi and his excuse is probably going to be "you turned me into a Nazi!!!"

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
Its amazing to see how Notch has fallen so far after Minecraft. Now him being incredibly lonely, rich, and pathetic. I would feel bad but can't considering how much of a piece of shit he is.

Also fuck Pewdiepie, I wish people would just stop defending him, its clear he's an irredeemable piece of shit and doesn't deserve the benefit of a doubt by the audience he keeps.

I want to know what "indoctrination" exactly? So much smarmy edgy bullshit. "Heh, you just can't see the truth like I can."

Nov 30, 2017
Lock his stupid ass up.

Honestly we need to start locking up any and everyone alt-right, because we know EXACTLY what it leads to.

Save your freedom of speech arguments for the black folks who have the police called on them for minding their business. Even better, ask the 9 people who died at Immanuel AME if they think the alt right should be able to spread their ideas.

Lock these racists up. That's what jails are for.

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
YouTube needs to remove people like PDP from its platform. Deplatforming works, and that person has done enough damage already.

He needs to go.

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
For someone who didn't want to "get into that stuff again" he sure seems desperate to give his two cents about any random person's accusations about his content when it mentions Nazis. It's like he gets excited talking about it.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
For someone who didn't want to "get into that stuff again" he sure seems desperate to give his two cents about any random person's accusations about his content when it mentions Nazis. It's like he gets excited talking about it.

My favourite thing is why he tweeted out that the white nationalists at the Charlottesville rally "must have watched too many PewDiePie videos" on August 12, when all violence happened, then tweeted out "Nazis please stop looking at me you're not helping my case" three days later, then said he wasn't making any more Nazi jokes because he didn't realize how real they were two days after that. Like, wow, that must have been a snap decision.

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018
By having direct and frequent conversations with their kids and by ensuring that the companies involved are behaving legally and appropriately and by holding feet to the fire when their children are either unwittingly involved in, or out of their depth in, something that is already activating and lighting up some of those same algorithms.

If the companies aren't monitoring breakout activity on their own channels, they should be. If the parents don't know what's going on, they will by tomorrow. Point being that lots of people need to be responsible and clear headed and be looking out for the wellbeing of all the kids in the story - and trying to turn this hapless middle schooler or his teacher into a convenient martyr is a bad look for anyone involved.

There's already trending and alert technology showing that a kid and a public middle school are right now being used as political and financial pawns by adults and profit oriented interests and everyone seems to know about it except apparently for the organs benefitting directly without any input or permission from the parents of the minor currently establishing his own dawning sense of panic and scale online.

Don't get me wrong - I don't see any laws being broken but I also don't see any attempt to slow this down or ameliorate the fallout.

I don't have the answer but it's obvious that the hosting entities don't either and perhaps they should. It's not easy but it's not new either.

1. Parents gotta parent
2. Corporations need to do better
3. Adults making this a pet controversy are unforgivable
4. Then lastly kids. They aren't liable for this kind of crap. And they can't be expected to figure it out because the other three failed.

Honestly, I can't see parents being able to distinguish pewdiepie from other kid-oriented streamers, if they even know what a streamer is. This is Youtube and regulation territory first.

Deleted member 48828

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 21, 2018
To be fair, telling kids they'll be fined for retweeting things is pretty dumb. That's just...not true?

Other than that, PDP is unabashed Nazi scum as usual. Just another reminder that anyone who supports this guy shouldn't be trusted.

Pyramid Head

Oct 27, 2017
I miss the days when I only used to hate PewDiePie and his fanbase because they were embarrassing, disgusting globs of moronic, worthless, ill-smelling liquid shit.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
And there are still some people in this forum that go to bat for this fucker every time he comes with his shitty ''apologizes''. Fucking nazi scum.

ViperVisor

Oct 29, 2017
OMG. I went to his uploads page. What the Christ is this shit? It's incomprehensible. Gibberish and goofy thumbnail pics.

The internet now lets kids self-select what they watch and they will often go with LCD impulses vs enlightened content.

RIP Mr. Rogers and Mr. Wizard

Kids of the 80s-90s could watch some nonsense programing but could in no way binge on it. We had to expand our horizons and click around to other stations.

jipewithin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Im literally terrified this hitler jr has 76 million followers (most being 9 years old? What's going to happend after 9 years when they are adult?). What if he really starts commanding his minions to do terrorist attacks or even worse. Worse meaning doing something like isis and making these alt right scums join forces and invade/make own country somewhere. Im sure russia could fund them to destabilize world even more. It's time to stop this human hater and ban him from social media.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
How did piediepie became the Lord of altright so quickly?

They realised one of the most popular people on youtube potentially had sympathies for their worldview - or at the very least was an ignorant enough dudebro not to critically analyse it - and thus positioned themselves as his most loyal, hardcore fanbase, encouraging him to lean into them harder, particularly through cross-promotion with youtubers much more openly of that tilt. The fact that he's a Swede probably helped, because the alt/far right still have a hard-on for Scandinavia.

All reinforced by the fact that the default MO for youtubers is to position themselves as 'just a guy'. They're not really telling you what to think. They can't really make people do stuff. Assertions like that of the teacher run counter to this supposed concept - this very foundation of the grassroot marketing of Youtubers - because it suggests that not only does someone like PDP have actual power and influence, but that he is wielding it to a negative end. That I think is what earns PDP's ire most; the suggestion that he is not merely 'just a guy', but in fact, a bad guy. Which he can't be. He's just a guy.

Last edited:

Deleted member 9838

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What has this guy done since he said the n word while playing a video game? Hasn't he basically just joked about how he has gotten away with it?

Deathman

Oct 25, 2017
it was a general statement about how some people cant allow for opinions to exist other than the one they approve. But out of curiosity how is dog piling approvable in your eyes? It's not as extreme of form of harassment as doxxing or tracking someone down but it's still a form of harassment.

Calling out Felix for being an alt right fuckhead and popularizing fascism with kids isn't "not allowing other opinions than the ones I approve of" its called not being a fascist cunt. Fuck Felix, fucker should've had his comeuppance when this shit first started. Fucker needs a punch in the face

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Get actively involved with your children when consuming media. My dad used to watch horror films with me (we're talking about theme park style rides like Final Destination to extremely questionable ones like original The Hills Have Eyes) when I was a teenager and then used to talk to me about the specific details, like themes and political background, of said films. You don't have to be a helicopter parent but you also can't be an absentee parent who views media as a way to get children out of your face.

And no, it wasn't lame that I was watching horror films with my dad. That shit owned.

A major failing of our education system is the inability for people to consume media responsibly. You only have to look at the gaming side to see how much bad shit gets outright dismissed. You're allowed to enjoy bad shit but to outright ignore or dismiss it is another thing.
You mean parents actually have to parent instead of letting a screen raise their kids?. Madness

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
What has this guy done since he said the n word while playing a video game? Hasn't he basically just joked about how he has gotten away with it?

Nah, it was whoever he played with who made that remark.

As for Pewdiepie himself, since then he continued to descend into the 4chan shit hole, where he used to get content from.
This lead to him becoming a fan of people like Jordan Peterson and Ben Shapiro.
Just a few weeks ago he got into hot water again because one of the 20-sonething channels he recommended to his fans turned out to be really really racist.
He tried to defend himself by saying that he didn't knew about that and only recommended it because of its anime reviews.
Something that is easily proven BS just by digging deeper into said channel.

And now this.

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
If you defend Pewdiepie at this point, you are a racist. Its not even up for debate at this point.

Merrill

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax
User Banned (1 Week): Dismissing concerns surrounding bigotry and intolerance as “outrage culture”
If you defend Pewdiepie at this point, you are a racist. Its not even up for debate at this point.
It really is. Try watching his video where he actually defends himself. He makes mistakes but he is obviously not a white supremacists.

He's certainly no role model for kids, or anybody for that matter. He's just an idiot who makes mistakes and clearly shouldn't be in the spot light.

Outage culture is the worst.

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It really is. Try watching his video where he actually defends himself. He makes mistakes but he is obviously not a white supremacists.

He's certainly no role model for kids, or anybody for that matter. He's just an idiot who makes mistakes and clearly shouldn't be in the spot light.

Nope, you don't keep making the same mistake over and over, unless it was not a mistake to begin with. He is not edgy or misunderstood, he is a racist and an anti-semite. If you enjoy that, ou may want to re-evaluate some life choices.

Oligarchenemy

Oct 25, 2017

Won't someone think of the white supremacists

Deleted member 8777

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Pewdiepie seems genuinely thin skinned as fuck and under the delusion he successfully transfomed into a good content producer.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
By having direct and frequent conversations with their kids and by ensuring that the companies involved are behaving legally and appropriately and by holding feet to the fire when their children are either unwittingly involved in, or out of their depth in, something that is already activating and lighting up some of those same algorithms.

If the companies aren't monitoring breakout activity on their own channels, they should be. If the parents don't know what's going on, they will by tomorrow. Point being that lots of people need to be responsible and clear headed and be looking out for the wellbeing of all the kids in the story - and trying to turn this hapless middle schooler or his teacher into a convenient martyr is a bad look for anyone involved.

There's already trending and alert technology showing that a kid and a public middle school are right now being used as political and financial pawns by adults and profit oriented interests and everyone seems to know about it except apparently for the organs benefitting directly without any input or permission from the parents of the minor currently establishing his own dawning sense of panic and scale online.

Don't get me wrong - I don't see any laws being broken but I also don't see any attempt to slow this down or ameliorate the fallout.

I don't have the answer but it's obvious that the hosting entities don't either and perhaps they should. It's not easy but it's not new either.

1. Parents gotta parent
2. Corporations need to do better
3. Adults making this a pet controversy are unforgivable
4. Then lastly kids. They aren't liable for this kind of crap. And they can't be expected to figure it out because the other three failed.

Let's not forget about reporting the fuck out of these bastards and contacting advertisers to bail on them.

Talking to kids is not enough. We all need to do more to deplatform them instead of just posting a few insults on ERA, thinking you've done your part.
Hell, if necessary, we should just get the FCC involved and call it a decency crisis.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Not shocked YouTube hasn't done anything. All about the $$$.

As an old guy, every generation feels this way about the next generation. Keep the faith.
Other generations weren't always watching far right wing parties rise to power in countries all over the world, you know? We are on the brink of some deep, dark shit these days.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why are right wing extremists mad about this. PDP is not a Nazi/Alt right/right wing extremist.

LOL.

OnPorpoise

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There is no way he doesn't know what siccing his fans on this teacher is going to result in.

Last edited:

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017

Nah, defending racists is the worst.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Gen Z feels like a weird generation. They seem like the most progressive in terms of social issues like the LGBT community in minorities, even more so than us millennials, but they also value entrepreneurship more than anyone else. They don't like big business or authority, but love seeing individuals overcome the system like internet personalities.

Again this will be difficult to see how both generations interact in the coming years.