Deleted member 11018

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
nMusWoL.png

Mike Wazowski!

Ahahahaha Thanks for the laugh xD I can go to bed with a big smile on my face thanks to you.

Bamboo

Oct 25, 2017
To add up to the Silent Hill monsters already posted: my favorite (if not really threatening) monsters are the mandarin from SH2. They only hang/walk below the wire fence, above this dark bottomless black void that is beneath that rustly and not very stable looking "floor" that James is walking on. They're basically some weird fleshy mirror characters of James and play wonderfully with the idea of the two sides that runs through the whole game.

silent_hill_2_monsterwefu3.jpg

img_8102zrctz.gif

Sinistar is a classic one.

Fine, it looks silly now, but it took pride in making grown players run weeping from the arcades back in the day.

"Run coward! I live!"
It's still horrifying, mostly thanks to that scream. (the chasing starts at 1min) https://youtu.be/xcyBtVwAsfg

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
The Guardian from The Evil Within 2. It's that grinning face and the way she laughs maniacally as she chases after you that freaked me out.

58WVw1X.jpg

Emmert

Banned
Oct 23, 2018
I don't do well with monsters in water, so I would go with pretty much any of the leviathans in Subnautica.

Camstun187

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
China
Mock me all you want, but I'm not in the minority of posters who comment on how lame it is to not post the name of the game. I shouldn't have to do an image search when you can just easily save us the time by typing the name of the game it's from. Some of us are using a phone and don't feel like going through the trouble.

I refuse to do the image search out of principle and a hint of Stubbornness. People who don't bother to write any sort of reference or give context to a picture are discourteous to others. On top of that, the user was actively being discourteous by saying that they outright refuse to do it.

This is uhhh, something. Just label the fucking posts.

Thank you

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
i used to be scared of the boo at the end of the hallway in mario 64 that leads out to the big boo haunt courtyard and i would make sure the camera never pointed towards it whenever i went down to the basement

it took me a while to go into big boo's haunt due to this

HotSauceMaven

Oct 9, 2018
Bububut she was cute with all the chibi spiders she called to her help :'(
That other thing full of eyes that makes you go frenzy however is another thing... Brain of Mensis
brainofmensish3i56.png

brainmensis7sd93.jpg

Yeah, the Brain of Mensis and related enemies like the Winter Lanterns/Brain trusts get me unnerved too. Coming up on the Brain (breathing?) in the Dark for the first time....I didn't have time to pity it, I immediately started swinging.

Oct 25, 2017
Mock me all you want, but I'm not in the minority of posters who comment on how lame it is to not post the name of the game. I shouldn't have to do an image search when you can just easily save us the time by typing the name of the game it's from. Some of us are using a phone and don't feel like going through the trouble.

I refuse to do the image search out of principle and a hint of Stubbornness. People who don't bother to write any sort of reference or give context to a picture are discourteous to others. On top of that, the user was actively being discourteous by saying that they outright refuse to do it.

Thank you
Me every time: Oh, this thread of "post examples of ______" gonna be great! *click*

half the images I have to apparently reverse google image search them to not be completely in the dark about what I'm looking at

Sigh, still a thing?

Stuggernaut

Oct 28, 2017
Seattle, WA, USA
When I first ran into those giant skeleton dog things in Dark Souls (Skeleton Beast) and they just jump out of the pitch dark and destroy you. I about jumped out of my chair.

f6ZY5Mo.gif

Deleted member 1656

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal

Yo man, I think that poster might've been mocking me as the not so "smart!" one in agreement with you, but it's a vague, low-effort image quote much in the same way the posts that started this are. Don't entertain them.

I understand why you think I was discourteous but I really just think posts like the one I made are reasonable, even though they can be low-effort, and I was trying to explain why and contest what I thought was a kind of extreme complaint. I don't think we should sweat over the details like this so much and I chose the wrong time for this battle.
Yup dude is just being an ass for the hell of it.
And I'm really not trying to be an ass for the hell of it in here and right now. But you are right about me being an ass generally.

I'll once again extend my invitation into PMs...

Last edited:

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Yo man, I think that poster might've been mocking me as the not so "smart!" one in agreement with you, but it's a vague, low-effort image quote much in the same way the posts that started this are. Don't entertain them.

I understand why you think I was discourteous but I really just think posts like the one I made are reasonable, even though they can be low-effort, and I was trying to explain why and contest what I thought was a kind of extreme complaint. I don't think we should sweat over the details like this so much and I chose the wrong time for this battle.
And I'm really not trying to be an ass for the hell of it in here and right now. But you are right about me being an ass generally.

Can you just post the name of the damned game? Stop trying to act like your image is special. Some of us are mobile and image searching is annoying.

SmittyWerbenManJensen

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Floater’s Cemetery
Can people please post the sources of some of these creatures?? A lot of them are really cool, but I have no frickin clue about what games they are from because the post only contains an image with no description. It's really annoying.

Ceerious

Oct 27, 2017
Asian

67_desertanmc.jpg

The Chasers from Parasite Eve 2 gave me nightmares.

yeah I stopped playing PE2 as a little kid because theses creeps

The Guardian from The Evil Within 2. It's that grinning face and the way she laughs maniacally as she chases after you that freaked me out.

58WVw1X.jpg

Hate them so much for being a huge bullet-sponge when playing high difficulties
And the heads are NOT weak points, what the fuck man

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I get flummoxed whenever someone makes the argument that RE4 isn't scary; it's just an action game. No it's not, it's terrifying. Regenerators especially but also the hand fight. Hell even the spooky ass monks and garadors and the dogs.

Yep. Can't count how many times I've said that despite it becoming more action oriented, it still carried over much of its "creep factor" and atmosphere from the previous games, or it simply invented new ways to cause panic attacks. Just because the game wasn't stingy anymore with ammo didn't really mean all that much when the enemy count and speed somewhat compensated for it. The entire first sequence in the town is probably one of the more terrifying sequences up to that point in the franchise too.

Any time I heard a chainsaw start up, I expected to either burn through a huge amount of ammo, or get cut in half.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017

I'm with you 100%

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

So many words to try and excuse poor forum etiquette. I can only assume at this point you are just trolling.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
From Monster Hunter, there are gross and unsettling monsters like Gigginox and Khezu, but the one that still strikes real fear is Diablos:

latest

This fucker's all fangs and claws, dangerous from all directions with a big, flail-like tail that he'll swipe at you if you try to get behind. Angry hipchecks, dig into the ground and pop out at you like the picture above, hauling ass out of the ground to throw you down.

When they get mad, they start breathing black smoke.

When they yell, it sounds like this:

When their females go into heat, they turn black and get extra evil:

latest

Or the "Deviant" version in Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, which is fittingly called Bloodbath Diablos:

latest

Fun times.

Deleted member 1656

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
And yet...

If someone asks what game an image comes from and your answer isn't the game it comes from, you're being an ass.
You folks just won't let me be lol. That's alright. Look, normally I think I would answer but that isn't exactly what happened. There was also a call for labeless images to be bannable and I think that's an extreme complaint. I didn't answer to make a point I firmly stand by, which is my dumb joke wouldn't work without having played the game already. It only really makes sense for the one other person on this forum who might exist who might have got a chuckle out of seeing Blitz in this thread. That's who the post was for. That's not poor forum etiquette to me. I don't believe an online forum being public means every post on it is for everyone. It's for everyone to read and engage in as they please here, but it's impossible for everyone to really understand everything.

I considered providing more context initially. I tried looking for a GIF or a clip I could make into a GIF and thought about what I could write to explain why he can be a truly terrifying force, but after it took longer than I expected I decided it wasn't worth the effort. That was pointless, because I ended up putting effort into this thread for a different reason I didn't expect. I picked a fight and I'm sorry I shat up your thread with it, OP. I guess I have written an essay in defense of it now.

Personally, I prefer images without labels to a few words about something without images of it. Thousand words and all that.

HeavenlyOne

The Fallen
Nov 30, 2017
Your heart
I didn't answer to make a point I firmly stand by, which is my dumb joke wouldn't work without having played the game already. It only really makes sense for the one other person on this forum who might exist who might have got a chuckle out of seeing Blitz in this thread. That's who the post was for. That's not poor forum etiquette to me.

In a thread like this it absolutely is poor etiquette. I knew the image was from Siege and figured it was just a dumb joke but someone who has no idea where it comes from has no way of knowing if you're being sincere or not, which leads to a series of posts with people complaining about not labeling images.

Thousand words and all that.

That saying doesn't apply to every picture. It doesn't really work when you post an image devoid of context.

Deleted member 1656

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
In a thread like this it absolutely is poor etiquette.
I agree as I did earlier that it kind of is when the game is obscure or less known. That doesn't really apply to Siege even if it's not hot on this forum. I still don't think it's a big deal.
That saying doesn't apply to every picture. It doesn't really work when you post an image devoid of context.
Of course, but it works for me when I see a freaky-ass creature like the ones in here. That's all I need to know—that thing gives me the freaks. If I really want to know more I'll ask or find out somehow.