Beje

Oct 27, 2017
The twist introduced makes any performance throughout the show mute if you make it to the finale. It's a dumb twist if you ask me, but that's been discussed to hell and back before anyway.
I guess these constant spins and twists like taking away immunities, double/no eliminations, queens coming back, changing the finals structure... are intended to keep contestants actually trying to do their best instead of just trying to play a game of min-maxing. Wasn't Layla McQueen the one that said she studied the show from head to toe and knew what it took to reach the finals yet she was the first or second one to get out of the door? I think that's the kind of attitude they're trying to discourage.

Deleted member 26768

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Sasha.

The "Shea won more challenges" defence brigade surely didn't watch the last episode where Shea turned into a background dancer to Sasha during their Sasha's lip synch.

And if we go for "won most challenges = winner", Alaska should be seen as the real winner of AS2. And that wasn't even 2 years ago.
do you have more jokes like this?

Chocobo Blade

The Wise Ones
Oct 29, 2017
Wasn't Layla McQueen the one that said she studied the show from head to toe and knew what it took to reach the finals yet she was the first or second one to get out of the door? I think that's the kind of attitude they're trying to discourage.
I think you're refering to Sasha Belle who said she "cracked the code". Her main mistake was imho actually bragging about this on the show. Of course they couldn't allow her to stay long after that or it would be a proof for the audience that the show is formulaic. A good example of a queen who knows the show inside out and used this knowledge to her advantage is Alaska.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Also her drag was awful.

That basic-ass entrance look and the look she lipsynced in which was Dee Snider wrapped in tinfoil.

Ratrat

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Season 2 girls are not about to let season 10 get close to their level of drama.

Deleted member 26768

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yes. Keep an eye on this space.

But to clarify, I don't think Alaska should have won.
Why not and who should have? She slayed all throughout the competition, she truly is the penultimate drag race queen. Her only low was one temper tantrum and that is placed well imo, it showed how serious she took the show and how much she loves it unlike a lot of recent queens who only see it as a vehicle for their bookings.

Chocobo Blade

The Wise Ones
Oct 29, 2017
Alaska deserved to win All Stars 2.
Sasha deserved to win Season 9.
Tyra deserved to win Season 2.

Ratrat

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why not and who should have? She slayed all throughout the competition, she truly is the penultimate drag race queen. Her only low was one temper tantrum and that is placed well imo, it showed how serious she took the show and how much she loves it unlike a lot of recent queens who only see it as a vehicle for their bookings.
She broke her contract by leaking the whole thing. Even Detox thought she was going to win after that.

Edit: I am kind of okay with Sasha winning, but Shea's challenge wins should have counted for something. Like she should have been allowed to choose the song and competitor.

Deleted member 26768

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
She broke her contract by leaking the whole thing. Even Detox thought she was going to win after that.

Edit: I am kind of okay with Sasha winning, but Shea's challenge wins should have counted for something. Like she should have been allowed to choose the song and competitor.
She broke NDA yes, but WOW also knows that most queens do and they've had worse issues regarding leaks. This was someone who was his ex that leaked information, not full episodes or Perez Hilton leaking Raja won season 3 before the season even started. Or a screenshot of Farrah Moan post elimination days before the episode aired. It didn't matter anyway, Alaska murdered that season no matter how you twisted it.

Ratrat

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
She broke NDA yes, but WOW also knows that most queens do and they've had worse issues regarding leaks. This was someone who was his ex that leaked information, not full episodes or Perez Hilton leaking Raja won season 3 before the season even started. Or a screenshot of Farrah Moan post elimination days before the episode aired. It didn't matter anyway, Alaska murdered that season no matter how you twisted it.
Just a slight jab at her 'taking it seriously'. They all took it seriously.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Alaska won AS2 no matter how you slice it, people just thought Katya should've won because she's a fan favorite and performed better during AS2 than her own season. Now AS3, on the other hand...

Ratrat

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alaska won AS2 no matter how you slice it, people just thought Katya should've won because she's a fan favorite and performed better during AS2 than her own season. Now AS3, on the other hand...
People thought Rolaskatox prevented Alyssa and Tati from competing on even footing. The Allstars setup is supposed to be brutal, but it does seem unfair to cast a group who you knew were going to work together vs a bunch of lone wolves.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
People thought Rolaskatox prevented Alyssa and Tati from competing on even footing. The Allstars setup is supposed to be brutal, but it does seem unfair to cast a group who you knew were going to work together vs a bunch of lone wolves.

They all have relationships and partnerships with other queens when stepping into an All-Stars season, we've seen this happening in AS3 as well. It's either that or casting just people who hate each other.

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Katya. She is the best at losing at lip synchs.

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Bring back Tyra and Tatianna for All Stars 4, please.

And Raven and Jujube.

Actually... do Season 2 again.

NoRéN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I personally find the drama my least favourite part of the show, even if this one tended to be about more than just queens bickering. This season has unfortunately been very loud in that regard, with the challenges actually not landing very much - hope it get better as it continues. I was glad most of the shouting happened during untucked, since I expect the drama to happen then, but even in that part of the show I'm just coming for a laugh.
I'm the same way. If anything good happens on untucked I'm ok with reading about here when it's discussed but I won't sit through an episode.

Ratrat

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They all have relationships and partnerships with other queens when stepping into an All-Stars season, we've seen this happening in AS3 as well. It's either that or casting just people who hate each other.
I wouldnt say that. Aside from Ginger and Katya being friends, who else was really close? Actually, apparently Phi Phi and Ginger, but they never showed that.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldnt say that. Aside from Ginger and Katya being friends, who else was really close? Actually, apparently Phi Phi and Ginger, but they never showed that.

Kennedy, Chi Chi and Shangela. Adore and Alaska. Ginger and Katya. Alyssa and Coco. Thorgy and Aja. There's been plenty of connections between the All-Stars contestants.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017

Casting those three all from the same original season was just a bad decision, full stop.

Ratrat

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kennedy, Chi Chi and Shangela. Adore and Alaska. Ginger and Katya. Alyssa and Coco. Thorgy and Aja. There's been plenty of connections between the All-Stars contestants.
I meant AS2. There was no team of girls as close as Rolaxatox.
Though, the dynamic might have been very different if Ginger and Adore had not left so early.

Deleted member 26768

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Just a slight jab at her 'taking it seriously'. They all took it seriously.
to some degree yes, but what i am getting it that a lot of queens want to be on the show. Not necessarily win the crown, because the crown is meaningless compared to wht they do after their season.
i really hope they steer away from the elimination set up next season, if anything it feels like a cop out from rupaul to not be blamed for eliminations. And it results in a lack of of sheer desperation to win the lip sync.
Bring back Tyra and Tatianna for All Stars 4, please.

And Raven and Jujube.

Actually... do Season 2 again.
project-runway-rupaul.jpg

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
rolaskatox ruined AS2. alaska did deserve to win, but alaska and detox saving roxxxy SO MANY TIMES and just fucking over tati and alyssa made for a worse season than what could have been. season 5 wasn't even that good and having so many season 5 queens made no sense.

The T right here. Absolutely.

Though I feel some of Alaska's placements were questionable.

I also just wanna chime in and say I finished watching Drag Race Thailands finale and I'm very happy with Thailand's first Drag Superstar!!!
The episode was fantastic.

DoubleG

Oct 29, 2017
Germany
i have all the time in the word for monet just pulling out sponge pieces every episode. i hope she does it in the reunion too.
aw, shawn from the pit crew is back
i'm here for the challenge, can't wait to see the three "lewrks" that the queens do, specially kameron and blair.
Shawn was my favorite pit crew member. Nice to see him again.
Money and the sponges lol.
Can't wait to see the different looks on the runway. It's nice they're doing the ball so early in the season. Gives the queens the chance to present themselves in different concepts.
And wow, Monique is really growing on me.

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
Regarding the preview... I just realised that:

So far we've had
- E01: crafting challenge
- E02: acting + best drag
- E03: acting + crafting runway (feathers)
- E04: crafting 3 whole looks

Is it me or are they actively trying to weed out the queens that just show up with a whole wardrobe full of designer dresses but can't even hot-glue something coherent together, which is more and more common each season?

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Regarding the preview... I just realised that:

So far we've had
- E01: crafting challenge
- E02: acting + best drag
- E03: acting + crafting runway (feathers)
- E04: crafting 3 whole looks

Is it me or are they actively trying to weed out the queens that just show up with a whole wardrobe full of designer dresses but can't even hot-glue something coherent together, which is more and more common each season?
re: your Q
Eps 2 and 3 were not crafting challenge though.. Outfits were the ones they brought w/ them.
Ep previews aren't really spoilers.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I also just wanna chime in and say I finished watching Drag Race Thailands finale and I'm very happy with Thailand's first Drag Superstar!!!
The episode was fantastic.
I just finished watching it and agree. The finale was really great and felt like a big deal, the performances were really strong. The judges role call felt really long, but the way they had each of the finalists critiqued by judges from episodes they had to lipsync made sense. p'Art looked genuinely shocked when she saw the name on the card and asked the final fantasy hair guy if it was his real choice lol - was that a joke or a genuine wtf moment?!

Pepiope

Oct 25, 2017
Previews are officially posted on social media etc. and they don't include real spoilers. I think it's fair to allow preview talk in spoiler tags in this thread until the episode airs. Real spoilers should not be allowed.
I guess I don't mind it if it doesn't go past that. That's how it started in AS3 and then there were spoilers every other post.

I just figured if it's something that hasn't aired on TV then we weren't discussing it in this thread, but it's fine I guess.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
p'Art looked genuinely shocked when she saw the name on the card and asked the final fantasy hair guy if it was his real choice lol - was that a joke or a genuine wtf moment?!

I read somewhere on the discord or reddit (can't remember where I saw it now, sorry) that there wasn't actually a name wrote on the card (which I assume is why he said he wanted the top 3 to be winners) so he decided to announce the winner himself.