Which team are you in, hooman? (NOTE: Vote-changing disabled!)

• #TeamReal

Votes: 2,046 67.7%
  • #TeamFake

Votes: 978 32.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ckfy63a

Oct 28, 2017
a place beyond seeing...
I just put my money where my mouth is -- Team Real. Just copped this after work.
eS6Htcj.jpg

Oct 28, 2017
#TeamReal

Another convincing detail: one of the Chorus Kids is tugging on the Conductor's red tie, which is barely noticeable on his official artwork.
I like the pose they have the Chorus Kids in on the character banner, instead of having them stack on each other like a totem poll (alot of fanart depict them this way for some reason) they're pulling the Conductor in different directions since they're rowdy kids.

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not here to be loved, I'm here to be right.

Joking, obviously.
I know it's a hot take, but I've never liked Mewtwo being in Smash, I'm fine with him being there as DLC and with the whole "Everyone is Here" thing but I honestly consider him second only to Pichu in expendability for the Pokemon reps

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
No events left that a wristband makes sense
Couldn't they announce some sort of in-store demo event where they could hand these out? Smash 4 had those events, right? Or am I thinking of something else?

And about the low res/blur stuff; this is a screenshot of a (probably moving) Snapchat video. Snapchat compresses the hell out of videos to make the filesizes as low as possible, especially moving the camera will result in a lot of data loss. Screenshotting that and then hosting it somewhere that compresses the image quality even more doesn't do it any favors. On top of that, it's already a fairly small image printed on a tiny wristband, so a lot of detail is lost in that process already.

I will give you the low quality of the cylinder banner thing though. That seems fishy, but also not at the same time. This leaker must've made a high quality version of the image so he just as well could've used that for the cylinder display, or rotated it to a point where none of the 'new' characters would've been shown.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Wonder how the Chorus Kids would play with the conductor.

Maybe the conductor is the one you control with the kids kind of huddled together on his back. Attacks would be rhythm based and the strength and reach would use 1, 2 or 3 kids depending on your timing.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where are you Verge Ben?

Why can't I find you?

Why have you gone away?

Where is the comfort?

You used to bring me?

Why won't this Music go away?

ynthrepic

Oct 25, 2017
how fragile do you have to be to have a character become your most hated because it was in a Smash Bros rumor of all things

Troast

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
#TeamReal since I saw this leak happen. Poll is overwhelming in favor of it being true as well.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
People are being too quick to wave away the discrepancies between the empty mural in the leak and the empty mural in the Treehouse stream imo. All sorts of misinformed counterarguments.

1) "There are two different versions of the Battlefield art, one for the logo text and one for the characters."

Okay but... why? The Battlefield art already loops into itself perfectly, there's literally no reason to go in and alter several background elements that you wouldn't even be able to see once all the characters are placed.

2) "The version in the Treehouse stream is rendered in-game whereas the leak is painted artwork."
3) "The Treehouse stream version isn't a static image."

Both of these are wrong.

(2:34:38 in case the timestamp doesn't work)

When the screen transitions to Smash, it shows the empty mural artwork for just a moment before it fills in with all the characters. None of the background elements move at any point. It's clearly just the artwork and not an in-game render. It's just on a nice screen so it looks nicer.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
I've never heard of Mach Rider before and wasn't clear on why they'd bring back such an obscure character. Reading up on him, it sounds like he'll be a Captain Falcon echo fighter or something.

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon generations have been 3-4 years long since the beginning, with the majority of them leaning towards three. This generation is not particularly short, though Smash Ultimate is being released two years into this generation while Smash Wii U was released only a year into the last generation. I don't think there's any real evidence one way or the other into the presence (or lack thereof) of a new Pokemon fighter.

I wont dispute the years after looking at release dates.

I do know that with Lucario he was introduced in 2005, so roughly 3 years before Brawl released and 2 years after Platinum. If theres one major circumstance change that might affect things, it is that Pokemon Platinum was set to release later in 2008 in Japan. And later HGSS.

Meanwhile we have Let's Go... and then Gen 8. And the major difference? You can use Lucario in those games. Vs hey heres Incineroar, a pokemon that you cant use in Let's Go, on a platform that is not nearly as relevant anymore.

Pokemon is pure marketing choices

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People are being too quick to wave away the discrepancies between the empty mural in the leak and the empty mural in the Treehouse stream imo. All sorts of misinformed counterarguments.

1) "There are two different versions of the Battlefield art, one for the logo text and one for the characters."

Okay but... why? The Battlefield art already loops into itself perfectly, there's literally no reason to go in and alter several background elements that you wouldn't even be able to see once all the characters are placed.

2) "The version in the Treehouse stream is rendered in-game whereas the leak is painted artwork."
3) "The Treehouse stream version isn't a static image."

Both of these are wrong.

(2:34:38 in case the timestamp doesn't work)

When the screen transitions to Smash, it shows the empty mural artwork for just a moment before it fills in with all the characters. None of the background elements move at any point. It's clearly just the artwork and not an in-game render. It's just on a nice screen so it looks nicer.

this is like desperation stuff every time. it's on the same level as "Ness's shirt is wrong"

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
Couldn't they announce some sort of in-store demo event where they could hand these out? Smash 4 had those events, right? Or am I thinking of something else?

And about the low res/blur stuff; this is a screenshot of a (probably moving) Snapchat video. Snapchat compresses the hell out of videos to make the filesizes as low as possible, especially moving the camera will result in a lot of data loss. Screenshotting that and then hosting it somewhere that compresses the image quality even more doesn't do it any favors. On top of that, it's already a fairly small image printed on a tiny wristband, so a lot of detail is lost in that process already.

I will give you the low quality of the cylinder banner thing though. That seems fishy, but also not at the same time. This leaker must've made a high quality version of the image so he just as well could've used that for the cylinder display, or rotated it to a point where none of the 'new' characters would've been shown.
I just find the premise absurd. If a Smash fan had the real final poster, and wanted to leak it, we would have a very high quality image. Since we're getting a wristband sized image from a moving video, we're expected to believe a real professional media person just goofed and forgot to hide it, and their name, while video streaming to someone that just so happens to frequent 4chan, a notorious place for incessant fake leaks, and nowhere else, and is amoral enough to break the confidence of the media person. So we can believe that, or that it was staged and faked, a fake that would take a talented photo editor mere hours to create.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
this is like desperation stuff every time. it's on the same level as "Ness's shirt is wrong"
Big difference between a character's design being changed in between games 6 years apart and design changes to one piece of artwork within a few months. Doesn't it also strike you as a bit strange that all the discrepancies between the Treehouse mural and the leak mural is that details are exclusively removed in the leak version? There aren't any instances where the leak version is more detailed. Why would they go in and just remove a bunch of details?

ckfy63a

Oct 28, 2017
a place beyond seeing...
You just wasted your money tbh. Mach Rider is not a good game
Eh, for me a lot of Smash's appeal is the games history aspect. I like to at least have a working knowledge of all of the characters and universes represented in a significant capacity — and it looks like Mach Rider has joined that universe.

Even so, it was like $9. I can live with the hit if it turns out to be a total dud; but if it's so bad, I have to wonder why Sakurai would include it.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I just find the premise absurd. If a Smash fan had the real final poster, and wanted to leak it, we would have a very high quality image. Since we're getting a wristband sized image from a moving video, we're expected to believe a real professional media person just goofed and forgot to hide it, and their name, while video streaming to someone that just so happens to frequent 4chan, a notorious place for incessant fake leaks, and nowhere else, and is amoral enough to break the confidence of the media person. So we can believe that, or that it was staged and faked, a fake that would take a talented photo editor mere hours to create.
A fake that requires more than just a picture of the supposed roster. It has way more than just the roster picture. Not to mention there's no proof the guy is even a Smash fan to begin with and while 4Chan is infamous for fake leaks it's also just as infamous for having some of the more out there real leaks. Including the one for the previous game

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Eh, for me a lot of Smash's appeal is the games history aspect. I like to at least have a working knowledge of all of the characters and universes represented in a significant capacity — and it looks like Mach Rider has joined that universe.

Even so, it was like $9. I can live with the hit if it turns out to be a total dud; but if it's so bad, I have to wonder why Sakurai would include it.
He included Ice Climber so he doesn't mind putting in bad NES games if he just feels like it

Deleted member 12009

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Bruh, it would take more than a few hours to fake this. The Grinch renders, the proof sheets, the linkedin profile, the research into the company and connections to smash- if you think that this is just a simple photoshop job you haven't been paying attention.

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
If this is, in any way a fake, then the faker should speak up sooner than later.

Imagine this leak being believed by so many and then the November direct comes with only 2-3 characters, the disappointment will be huge.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Big difference between a character's design being changed in between games 6 years apart and design changes to one piece of artwork within a few months. Doesn't it also strike you as a bit strange that all the discrepancies between the Treehouse mural and the leak mural is that details are exclusively removed in the leak version? There aren't any instances where the leak version is more detailed. Why would they go in and just remove a bunch of details?
"why is there a typo here"
"why is there an extra black line here"

you're analyzing a still from a snapchat video

Deleted member 46641

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
If this is fake - why and how did the leaker make a fake persona, deliberately leak information to doxx himself, tie himself convincingly to an obscure yet not unreasonable location, and then set off a domino chain like that just to make a fake leak?

Status
Not open for further replies.