• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a graveyard / graveyard interaction?
This has the Hearthstone style "hope you remember every single unit that died this game because we sure aren't telling you lol". And from what I've seen every effect that targets the "graveyard" is either predetermined or random (since there's no graveyard to target).

Imo you should implement a fully functioning graveyard or not mess with those kinds of effects in the first place.

Tegami

Oct 25, 2017
This has the Hearthstone style "hope you remember every single unit that died this game because we sure aren't telling you lol". And from what I've seen every effect that targets the "graveyard" is either predetermined or random (since there's no graveyard to target).

Imo you should implement a fully functioning graveyard or not mess with those kinds of effects in the first place.
I'm not sure if Hearthstone has this, but while I know Legends of Runeterra doesn't have a graveyard like Magic I was happy to discover the icon on the right side of the board that logs what happens each turn.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Wait shouldn't Prankster attack last though so it stays on the field the longest for it's effect to trigger.
She has 0 attack so there isn't any use in attacking. But it's correct that if you want her to attack, she should be the rightmost attacker.

Edit: My arrows mean play order, in case that was unclear. Prankster should be the first play for 1 turn kill.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
She has 0 attack so there isn't any use in attacking. But it's correct that if you want her to attack, she should be the rightmost attacker.

Edit: My arrows mean play order, in case that was unclear. Prankster should be the first play for 1 turn kill.

Ah okay I get it now, let's see if I can still try.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that worked thanks, it registered as a win even though the shark still didn't revive but eh, win is win :P

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
I was having so much fun with this Freljord/Ionia deck. The majority of my time was spent trying to get Anivia on field to combo with Dawn and Dusk. D&D spawns the Ephemeral Anivias only to die on attack and revive as Eggnivia. Next turn results in 3 brand new Leveled Anivias ready to sweep. If I went against an aggro deck, the goal was usually to hold out with heals or Avalanches til i could maximize She Who Wanders and clear the board.

EHXEFjyVUAAknxy
This is extremely fun to pull up no matter the deficit. 6 damage across the board every attack, before counting directs???!?!! Such a fun deck haha! Do need to report the bug that's letting me see my opponent's card though, came across that twice. November is too far away.

Nocturne

Oct 25, 2017
well, that was fun while it lasted. ionia/frejlord was probably my fave of the decks i tried. ran anivia, trynd, minah, and she who wanders as my win con with a lot of cards to get me to the late-game. decklist i used at first had warmother's call but the only time it ever felt right to cast that card was to win even harder, so decided to cut it for extra anivias. always enjoy the decks that just let me oppress the hell out of the other player and deny/avalanche/she who wanders is a nice package for doing just that. deny is such a good edge against the frejlord/shadow isles deck since it nullifies their best advantage in hard removal. usually got out-tempo'd by really aggressive decks if my hand was too heavy (and it is more often than not) but most of the control/combo/midrange decks i could stall out and crush. i never ran into the piltover/shadow isles deck that's literally just a bunch of burn and removal cards though, which i think would fucking decimate this deck lol

she who wanders is pretty overtuned but damn she's fun to use. she's basically all-in-one control. instantly swings the board and since she regens she's incredible for controlling it afterwards. even better when you do combos like recalling a buff-stacked yas or fiora then dropping her. gets rid of the stats that push them over the threshold and any extra copies they might've been holding. breaks their spirit occasionally, which is one of the most satisfying things you can do in a card game imo. i think maybe they should tweak her so that she only obliterates cards in play vs in hand, and maybe lower her statline a bit if they want her to keep regen, but otherwise i think that'd be enough for a 9 cost.

i don't think i played enough/did well enough for matchmaking to get me to the really skilled players so i'm a bit regretful of that. lots of my wins were from people misunderstanding how actions are stacked, trying to recall she who wanders after i put her down or anivia after she attacked. hopefully next time the game runs i can get some higher quality matches

Last edited:

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
Best deck I played was a Noxus/Demacia deck, Vladimir & Darius and you use t oughness followers with Vlad to spam his ability on the Nexus and build a crazy board haha.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed my time with it. Played mostly with Yasuo decks and quite enjoyed it (and probably annoyed other players with it), but I'm not 100% sold on it yet.

I will especially voice my disappointment with no graveyard. I kinda thought we were past that.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC

Bavera__

Feb 3, 2019
Italy
I really hope this twitch drop thing doesn't continue and they open up access, I have no patience for it

What I did was leave a stream open 24/7 in the background while i was doing other stuff, I was lucky enough Toast was apparently running a stream near the end of the first beta with a (allegedly lol) 500% dropchance so I managed to play a bit the last few days

I honestly can't wait for the next beta period

serdarkny

Nov 10, 2018
Oh shit it's coming back next week. Can't wait to play more purrsuit decks. Fingers crossed for she who wins nerfs.

fuzzyset

Oct 25, 2017
Potential dumb question: always see people spamming !drops in chat. Do you actually need to do that to enable drops? Is it just a one time thing?

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Yep! I am eager to see how well draft holds up in this game.

Register now. When the beta is online, go to Twitch and get a Twitch drop from one of the streamers and your registered account will be given access.

is draft how the game is played when ranked comes out?

Oh shit it's coming back next week. Can't wait to play more purrsuit decks. Fingers crossed for she who wins nerfs.

I think the wildcards reset again, so i need to sit down and plan which faction i want to earn cards for to experiment with the most. Hope they unlock all the cards on the last day again.

Last play test i played so much I was able to make a few very different decks before they all unlocked. Heimerdinger and Karma are the most fun hands down, Vlad i liked but struggled to win with.

What decks are you guys aiming for? Anyone else in the #AvoidUsingOPFreljord clan

Potential dumb question: always see people spamming !drops in chat. Do you actually need to do that to enable drops? Is it just a one time thing?

that's twitch chat memeing lol

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
is draft how the game is played when ranked comes out?

What decks are you guys aiming for? Anyone else in the #AvoidUsingOPFreljord clan

Not sure - I think constructed = is ranked, but we will find out for certain next week.

I am aiming to get my damn Fiora deck to work. I want that crazy win condition so bad!

Deleted member 52442

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Not sure - I think constructed = is ranked, but we will find out for certain next week.

I am aiming to get my damn Fiora deck to work. I want that crazy win condition so bad!

I never once lost to fiora herself but i lost to several fiora barrier decks when that barrier + 3 satyr thing got out of control. "I am one with the land" looking ass
freak

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone remember how much xp daily quests gave? Important for computing daily gains given their provided charts.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017

Deleted member 52442

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Yeah, they don't mention it there, which is the last bit of info I need to do some number crunching here lol.

And they also don't detail what happens when you max out the region progression. Is it just the weekly chests (and their mystery unannounced reward)? That would slow down your rewards considerably.

You mean maxing out all the regions? I know you could swap between regions freely and each one had their own separate progression meter. If you manage to get through all regions I would assume that you'd be left with just weekly rewards and/or buying cards - but that is also a lot of cards you would have earned by that point.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
You mean maxing out all the regions? I know you could swap between regions freely and each one had their own separate progression meter. If you manage to get through all regions I would assume that you'd be left with just weekly rewards and/or buying cards - but that is also a lot of cards you would have earned by that point.
Yeah, but given that the region rewards are finite and the exps are potentially "infinite", I wonder if you'll still be able to maintain collecting every set in a reasonable amount of play.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, they don't mention it there, which is the last bit of info I need to do some number crunching here lol.

And they also don't detail what happens when you max out the region progression. Is it just the weekly chests (and their mystery unannounced reward)? That would slow down your rewards considerably.

My guess is they plan on adding new regions or forms of progressions with different releases. They specifically call to mention they want it possible to get everything without spending a dime before the next release. So that makes me think they plan on adding more progression with each new release, whether it's from new regions or something else.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Yeah, but given that the region rewards are finite and the exps are potentially "infinite", I wonder if you'll still be able to maintain collecting every set in a reasonable amount of play.

It seems like the regions offer the initial boost and ramp of cards, then Vault Day becomes your primary collection tool.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Has there been any word on how long an average game lasts? I liked Hearthstone, but generally the games lasted 25-30 mins and that is partially why I stopped playing.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Yeah, making people delay gratification to once a week sounds like a horrible idea based on what we know the audience likes. But that's also a longer term issue to discuss.

I was thinking that at first, but I think they are onto something ensuring Vault Day is a community event. It could feel very hype on a regular basis.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Has there been any word on how long an average game lasts? I liked Hearthstone, but generally the games lasted 25-30 mins and that is partially why I stopped playing.
At the moment, 10-15min? The biggest minion in the game kills you from full in 2 hits and there isn't any infinite armor stacking mechanic, so no grueling Control Warrior mirror type games.

Deleted member 52442

Banned
Jan 24, 2019

10-15 is about right. When i played with heimer and karma i had a handful of games go up to what felt like 25-30 minutes, those games gave me lifeblood though since they were so tense and fun

you can play an aggro deck and force the match to end in a W or L asap

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hearthstone games never averaged 25-30m. Playing control decks naturally extended games but the average would still be in the 15min or less range.

Most decks in hearthstone would average around 6-8min.

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
At the moment, 10-15min? The biggest minion in the game kills you from full in 2 hits and there isn't any infinite armor stacking mechanic, so no grueling Control Warrior mirror type games.
10-15 is about right. When i played with heimer and karma i had a handful of games go up to what felt like 25-30 minutes, those games gave me lifeblood though since they were so tense and fun

you can play an aggro deck and force the match to end in a W or L asap

Oh ok cool, thanks for the info both of yo

Hearthstone games never averaged 25-30m. Playing control decks naturally extended games but the average would still be in the 15min or less range.

Most decks in hearthstone would average around 6-8min.

I don't make decks based on a set guide, I don't find that fun. My games average 20-30 mins, I would love to play games that average below 15 mins. I'm super casual, so player low rank games, that could be a factor.

Deleted member 52442

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
More news

Legends of Runeterra: You can pre-register right now at playruneterra.com for a chance to play during a special preview patch in November and closed beta in early 2020. The full launch, including mobile, will be sometime in 2020—as soon as we've landed on an exact date, we'll let you know.
Are you going to add new regions to Legends of Runeterra? What about champions who aren't from any region, like Fiddlesticks? Does that mean they'll never be in the game?

Yes! We're definitely going to add new regions to Legends of Runeterra.

When it comes to champions that historically haven't been connected to a specific region—we don't use that as a restriction when deciding which champs to include in future releases. In Legends of Runeterra, we need rosters of champions to fit within each region, but some champs are more flexible than others when it comes to where we can potentially assign them. For example, Garen or Jarvan IV are more restricted in that they are both Demacian, "now and forever." But champions like Teemo, Riven, or Tahm Kench are far more likely to wander throughout different areas of Runeterra. We want to use that variance to ensure every champion can find a spot on a roster. We have the most flexibility with champions that haven't been commonly connected with specific regions throughout Runeterra, such as Fiddlesticks, Brand, Ryze, Annie, etc.
[/quote]

How much of the flavor text for the cards in Legends of Runeterra is canon in the League universe?

A
Everything in LoR—from the art to the flavor text—is canon, though we should probably discuss what that word means here.
League and LoR deal with the same characters, and each informs the worldbuilding of the other. The difference between LoR and League is that a big part of card games is player choice and the exciting realm of possibilities that results from combining things. We want you as the player to be able to play how you want and have specific experiences based on your choices. So players get to decide what their favorite characters (and new characters) do, who they meet, and provide them with events that they can respond to. Even if Lux has never seen a "Progress Day" in a piece of fiction, players can have her see one and react to it in LoR. As implied by the game's name, some characters or stories might even be "legends" that we're building into our game. We can also turn back the clock so that you can see things like Senna in the moments before Thresh captures her in his lantern, allowing us to tell the story of who she was before that event.
We're excited to bring players more of what they know and love while introducing them to brand new stories and characters.

and this

unknown.png

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Draft mode preview video was posted. First impressions are its insanely forgiving, which I like. Your goal is 7 wins. You go until you lose twice in a row, so a loss here or there doesn't hurt you. You only have 1 shot when going for your 7th win. For each expedition, you get 2 trials and it gives you rewards based on your trial with the highest number of wins. If you get enough wins, you can even fund your next expedition completely. It doesn't seem like it will be that hard to go infinite. There's also a free play mode which is great.

If you are paying close enough attention, you can spot some of the card changes. There's a reddit comment tracking changes people spotted:

• Garen is now 5/6 mana. 5 mana 6/6 regeneration is pretty crazy.
  • Kalista changed now gives the unit she bonds to +2|+0 while the bond lasts. Bond target no longer takes damage for Kalista. She now has fearsome.
  • Flash of brilliance is now 3 mana (down from 6 mana). The effect is create a random spell in hand and refill spell mana (formerly create a 6+ cost spell and refill spell mana).
  • Mageseeker Inciter reworked, now is a 2 cost 3|2 that gains +1|+1 if you casted a spell in the round it was summoned (used to gain stats based on a spell card you discarded from hand). I'm going to guess that the Mageseeker Persuader was also changed because this was that card's counterpart, excited since I was the only guy I saw losing trying to run a lore-ific lux + mageseekers deck.
  • Tianna Crownguard now costs 8 (up from 7). No longer has Tough.
  • She who Wanders no longer has regeneration!!!!! Still seems to target in hand creatures
  • Shen is now a 2/5 (from 2/6)

Last edited: