marc^o^

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
This has to be one of the best accessory released on a console, because it ads to its ingenious design and build quality, a spectacular usefulness, mixed with competitive arcade features.

Nintendo at its best.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Played for a quick half hour and I'm excited as hell to keep up with it. At its core it's not all that different from stuff like EA Sports Active, but that Nintendo Polish™ just makes everything click, and the pilates ring thing is really the perfect accessory to build gameplay around.

Marufuku

Feb 27, 2018
6-F62-F25-B-A522-4-DAD-A562-4-EC309-C74-BB1.jpg

Kinopio-kun getting the Ring Fit fan-art ball rolling.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
Hope this does well sales-wise. I'd love to see it become a thing, or get long-term support.

Oct 29, 2017
Just started playing this today. I did World 1 this morning before lunch, and just booted it back up to play World 2. Nope! Will have to wait until tomorrow.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I'm getting my copy on tuesday. As someone who searched for loopholes in the school rules to get out of gym class because there aren't many things in life I hate more than sports/working out, I have no idea what I'm getting myself into. I used to be underweight for a big part of my life, but I'm starting to develop a severe case of pizzabelly lately. I'm very curious.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got my copy today. It made me realize how out of shape i've become. Tackled the first two levels and I was done after the first fight of level 2. When that second battle popped up I had to go take a quick breather. Got through it but man, this is going to be a fun way to shake off the rust and get back into shape somewhat.

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile
Beat World 2 today and the first stage in World 3. The mix between the cardio and muscle training feels real good, it's nice to have an exercise program that really motivates you to come back.

Ring feels super shady to me. I'm totally expecting a plot twist near the end where it's revealed that he's the real bad guy.

T.Rex In F-14

Oct 25, 2017
Are those recyclable?Hygenic cleaning wipes are usually terrible and do damage to the environnement.

The best is probably to use some kind special gloves/mitaines.
Just wanted to comment that I love your avatar. That song is so good and has been in my head for over a week. Whole album is quite something, too.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Anyone else try multitask mode? Did 500 reps pretty easily while watching TV in like 15-20 minutes. Didn't want to load into adventure mode to see what the bonus is, but it's a cool extra thing. It works on its own, so you don't need to turn the game off to turn it on—just click the right stick in the Ring to activate it. It even beeps to let you know each rep and when you finish.

I just finished my 500 while watching a Mario and Luigi Suprerstar Saga Let's Play. Very nice of the joy-con to do a little jingle and automatically shut off to let you know you got all 500. I tested if there was any way to get the reps faster, and there is, as long as it beeps/vibrates upon tension release it seems like it counts it.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Back pain can be caused by:
1. poor form
2. weak core
3. weak hamstrings
Since it got better working out your core or hamstrings might be weak. Focus on those areas more when you select which exercises to do.

Buy these to disinfect ring con (also useful for VR headsets)
It's almost certainly #2. Lol. My form is typically good, but I know I need to work on my core. This isn't a new pain, I just hadn't had the issue in a little while - most likely cause I haven't worked out in a while. Thanks for the advice. I need to unlock more exercises to focus on an area. A little surprised how limited the options are to start, but I also like the slow reveal of features.

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
I stopped right before the boss fight of world 4 today since I had already been playing for a while and went back and redid a stage for a request.Its funny I woke up sore today from all the squats and figured today was going to hurt, but it wasnt that bad by this evening.

Does anyone know if later in the game we can power up atk of old moves? some of my more damaging moves I dont really want to use because they dont take enough effort and it kinda defeats the purpose of the game for me.

Im still enjoying the game so far, but it does feel like there is a little too much downtime from the "game" portions getting in the way. Stuff like dialogue, tutorials, quests and other things inbetween when you finish a level and can proceed to the next seem like they take just a tad too long from getting to the next stage to keep your workout going.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
I stopped right before the boss fight of world 4 today since I had already been playing for a while and went back and redid a stage for a request.Its funny I woke up sore today from all the squats and figured today was going to hurt, but it wasnt that bad by this evening.

Does anyone know if later in the game we can power up atk of old moves? some of my more damaging moves I dont really want to use because they dont take enough effort and it kinda defeats the purpose of the game for me.

Im still enjoying the game so far, but it does feel like there is a little too much downtime from the "game" portions getting in the way. Stuff like dialogue, tutorials, quests and other things inbetween when you finish a level and can proceed to the next seem like they take just a tad too long from getting to the next stage to keep your workout going.

The downtime is definitely deliberate. If you feel like you're recovering too quickly in between sets, definitely up the difficulty.

After doing 30 reps each selection for any given movement, I milk those moments.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe I'm weaker than I thought, but it looks like he's really compressing that fitness ring. I've never felt like mine was going to slip when doing the move. Though I gotta admit seeing this has made me 10x more paranoid of it happening to me haha.

He should have had a bend in his knees. That's one reason why ring tells you to bend your knees.

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
Hmm so with winter coming I'm not going to be able to bike anymore and my defiance of going to the gym will turn me into a lazy turd - anyone think this will go on sale for Black Friday? Sounds like it's giving people a good workout.

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017
Hmm so with winter coming I'm not going to be able to bike anymore and my defiance of going to the gym will turn me into a lazy turd - anyone think this will go on sale for Black Friday? Sounds like it's giving people a good workout.

Not terribly likely this close to release. Though maybe $10/$20 off somewhere depending on the kind of sale they run. Wouldn't expect anything major, but I'd like to be wrong.

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
The downtime is definitely deliberate. If you feel like you're recovering too quickly in between sets, definitely up the difficulty.

After doing 30 reps each selection for any given movement, I milk those moments.
I think for the moment it has more to do with all my stronger attacks seem to be much easier for me to do compared to the squats and chair pose that have lower atk values now.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
I think I am getting this lol.

Holy fuck. Any actual gym-goers on this? I plan on using it on rest days when I do not go to the actual gym so I can get some cardio in.

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
I don't gym, but I'll definitely be trying to fit this in if I'm not going out for a run. But I did do a run today plus this since I was doing a shorter speed run instead of my usual longer slower runs. It'll also be great now that winter is coming and with it, likely rain.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Saw my sister today. She was like what's this? Then she proceeded to set it up on the hardest difficulty and cut through it like it was nothing. She asked for it as a Christmas gift immediately afterwards.

Johnzyboi

Nov 10, 2018
Are the leaderboard just your birth year or are they all. I did one of the simple challenges and got #6.

Blitz

Oct 29, 2017
birth years only. also for nintendo online only accounts.
I think alot of people don't have online $20 yearly access and this game.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Completed day 3 and world 3, woke up sore in my calves this morning so I was weary of how tonight was going to go, but it actually was easier than yesterday. I even upped the difficulty from 14 back to 20. My workout for world 3 took 38 minutes, a whole 12 minutes longer than world 2. Dragnaux does not mess around, took me like 14 minutes to take him out.

The mini-games and new unlock options are a lot of fun, got perfect first time on the squat jumping board mini-game and perfect on my second try on the bomb-dodger-side-swaying mini-game. Bought all the gear in the world because I had a lot of extra coins (thanks multi-task mode!) and made some smoothies. Game is really adding in the RPG elements now.

Question 'bout completing world 3, I did everything and yet I only got 70% because I did no "requests," but there were none for me to do, I'm assuming I unlock that feature later to then go back to?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
We bought this Saturday and it really is no f'n joke. 😅

Played 8 minutes (actual workout time) on Saturday and was done with the world, I think that was the first 2 stages.
Next day I played 3 stages around 12 minutes and I was sweating like crazy. Think I was on difficulty 19.
Today I really feel it my legs and shoulders.

youwei

Jun 3, 2019
In order to clean the Ring-Con and Leg Band, Nintendo recommends players to wash them in diluted neutral detergent for the best results. They have also advised players not to throw these accessories into a washing machine or dry cleaner.​

After cleaning the accessories, players should dry them in a well ventilated area or with a cloth.

Source https:///nintendo-advises-users-how-to-wash-ring-fit-adventures-ring-con-and-leg-band/​

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
I did more exercise on Day 3 than the previous two days and felt much less tired after. I'd be amazed if it was already making a difference, but the numbers don't lie.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
At 1h:30m total exercise time I'm #10 at global ranking 1986.
And in many stats I'm between #2 to #10.

I wonder if that means that the game bombed.
IM also in the top 10 for basically everything for 1986, there dont seem to be many people our age playing it.
Are the leaderboard just your birth year or are they all. I did one of the simple challenges and got #6.

I think it only shows you in the leaderboards if you go into that specific menu, which is a bit Interleaved by itself, and manually upload your profile and stuff.
Couldn't find my partner because she hasn't uploaded yet.
That's probably why there aren't so many people there.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
I think it only shows you in the leaderboards if you go into that specific menu, which is a bit Interleaved by itself, and manually upload your profile and stuff.
Couldn't find my partner because she hasn't uploaded yet.
That's probably why there aren't so many people there.

That would make sense. Since part of the design of the game (like the main boss) is to be something else than the competitive part of the gym culture, it would seem strange if leaderboards were opt-in by default.

ItsOKAY

Jan 26, 2018
Frankfurt, Germany
The one thing, which is for me the best epiphany, is, this game and the whole Ring - Con thing..it´s not gimmicky! It´s not anything, where you think..."i dont get anything out of this thing, paying so much money". It´s really a workout. It really makes you sweat. It gives you a lot to train with. That´s the biggist concern i had...that it´s just a gimmicky thing. Glad to see, it´s totally not!

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
The one thing, which is for me the best epiphany, is, this game and the whole Ring - Con thing..it´s not gimmicky! It´s not anything, where you think..."i dont get anything out of this thing, paying so much money". It´s really a workout. It really makes you sweat. It gives you a lot to train with. That´s the biggist concern i had...that it´s just a gimmicky thing. Glad to see, it´s totally not!

I mean, Pilates rings (known as magic circle in English?) are a real thing, even without Nintendo. :P

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
Would be interesting to read some in-depth interview with the developers. I'm particularly interested on how much of Ring Fit Adventures that was actually planned during the development of the Switch joycons. This product solves so many issues that the Wii and Wii U fit products had.

Phife Dawg

Oct 27, 2017
Did the first world/day and had a legit good time and workout. I work out regularly but this will help me with my off days since fitness boxing got a bit stale. The pulse measuring got a "whoa" from my SO. She didn't knew there was an infrared camera in there. Workout was good at 22 and I was breaking a sweat but my pulse stayed below 80 (my resting pulse is 60). Anyone compared it to measurements from breast belts etc? Is it off or do I need to crank this up?