• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Antydotes

One Winged Slayer
Dec 3, 2017
Completely.

Before you start the game, it will as for your age, current fitness level, and how hard you desire to workout. Then it will give you a push/pull test and a jogging test that will determine how well you've got to do each exercise.

It's shockingly accurate, and I felt like my jogger was going at the exact pace that I was in real life.

The next day, evidently, the game asks if you'd like a harder, easier, or similar workout. It's super slick.

It checks in with you every day and asks how the previous workout went. It will allow you to adjust the difficulty as you go.

It gives you a recommended level based on some questions. After you finish a workout / level and you check your heart rate, it will ask you if you want to go easier if you're too high. Assume same is true if it clocks you in too low.

Ah sounds like my worries are unneeded if it not only checks at the start, but in between sessions also. Thanks for the information! I'll keep an eye on it, and either pull the trigger before GCU expires (or maybe a BF deal will pop up).

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
My copy shipped from Amazon. New yoga mat just shipped in today. Let's get fit

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Just convinced myself to order this. I've been using an app this past few weeks to tone muscles, but now I'm gamifying this even further.

... Now if I could just resist eating pastries...

Nicko

Oct 25, 2017
Got this game today and played through the first world. My goodness this game is way more intense than I anticipated! I think it had me a 21 intensity. That final boss! Phew!!

My wife is excited to start playing as well. Hope some of my friends pick this up so we can compare fitness prowess 💪

The_R3medy

Jan 22, 2018
Wisconsin

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Picked this up today while visiting my parents. They wanted to see it in action, so I played through the first few stages and beat Dragaux.

For the first time, working out didn't feel dreadful. I anticipated it to be more intense, but I was at around medium difficulty. Looking forward to turning it up as I train more. I did expect the ring to be more resistant. It doesn't take much to fully compress it.

My family can be skeptical, and quick to say if something is BS, but they all agreed that this can be effective if made routine. I'm going to stick to it and see how it goes. It doesn't feel like a gimmick so far. If anything, it can teach proper form/types of workouts and act as a stepping stone.

Last edited:

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, I have a gym membership and go fairly frequently and have been losing weight to be just a few pounds into the overweight column from my last doctor visit. So, while I get what you mean, please don't assume others online aren't taking care of their health because they're not prepared to drop $80 on something.

?

I was trying to be informational. I had assumed you were waiting on a sale and had interest in the game at a low price, but I see that that's actually not the case.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Made it through the second world tonight, took 28 minutes, re-adjusted the difficulty to 14 from 20 after the first two levels because I was dying by then. Might bump it up to 16, but 20 got to be too much for today. I need to share pictures here, but I have to set up another twitter account again.

I'm feeling it in my calves and quadriceps right now five hours after my workout. Feels good. Anyone on the first level of world 2 with the obstacle course-looking level, ever make it on the above platform 50 meters into the level? Tried three times and could not get it, I also couldn't get the overhang coins on the reverse conveyor belts. Think I need to adjust my jogging measurement upon setup, I really had to bring my knees nearly to my chest while jogging to get my speed to max.

What's everyone's favorite move so far? I'm only level 12, but the spinal twist (forgot what they call it in-game) move is so nice, the air created from the side-to-side motions feels great after sweating a bunch. My least favorite is the overhead press, my arms burn by the 12th rep and I usually have another 13 more.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
How much space do you need for this?
I haven't tried it yet in my room which has too little space, but so far, just your arm span and enough room to lay down is more than plenty. It might need more room later on depending on the moves, but you just need enough room so you're not bumping back into tables or hitting your arms on chairs or walls.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Day 2 finished, the Dragauex second fight was intense af.

Are people planning on doing this every day? Or should we take a rest day in between?
I'll do everyday 30-45 minutes unless there is some force majeure or if my regular excercise / sports is really intense.
If you don't do more than that your body really doesn't need rest days as such.

Just a quick question: how do you set difficulty levels to +1? Originally mine was set to 18, which I'm fine with right now. But if I ever were to change it I didn't see any possibility to change the difficulty manually. Just could redo the thing where you type in your age, how much sports you do etc.
For me it has asked if I want to change the difficulty for more intense few times. You can also find submenu where you can alter the difficulty.

How much space do you need for this?
Not much. You need to be able to hold your hands above your head, sit and extend your legs and be able to move your arms to the sides. That's it.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
I'm legit impressed by the ring, it's very good exercise, played half hour today and after a lot of battles, ring presses were the biggest trouble, I already feel my arms getting stronger.

IamPeacock

Feb 9, 2018
Belgium
Completed my second workout today.
Did world 2 until boss fight and afterwards did some manual sets.

I love the game, it's very addictive. But I really need to look into some personalisation.
I go to the gym 3 times a week, alternating groups of muscles (chest/biceps/legs on one day, shoulders/triceps/back the other day). The days in between when I'll be using RingFit, I want to work on other groups so I don't overdo it on some muscle groups.

Minsc

Oct 28, 2017
Showing out of stock for me now on Amazon, didn't take too long. Going to be selling above expectations I think. Hopefully that means some extra content the road. I'm excited to get it after all the impressions here.

ItsOKAY

Jan 26, 2018
Frankfurt, Germany
Got it yesterday. My girlfriend is in really good shape. Doing fitness, working out...her intensity is 20. After two stages she was sweating like crazy. She had so much fun. She was really impressed how much content the game has. The adventure itself, minigames, building your own exercise plan, the multitask option. And today her muscles are aching. Such a good and fun experience!

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
Has anyone tried to redeem points for the game yet? When I try and do it a message says I can't collect My Nintendo points for the software yet?

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
World 3 boss made me use a lot pf smoothies, like 3 super spinach and 4-5 spinach.

At 1h:30m total exercise time I'm #10 at global ranking 1986.
And in many stats I'm between #2 to #10.

I wonder if that means that the game bombed.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm very tempted to get this. I cant be assed to go workout after my daily job job kicked my ass physically but this looks like a nice complement and it's something I can do for 30 minutes to work up a nice sweat. Temptation rising with all the stuff I'm reading here

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
World 3 boss made me use a lot pf smoothies, like 3 super spinach and 4-5 spinach.

You can see how many 1986 people are playing the game.

Someone should take one for the team and calculate all the birthyears :D

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I wanna do this every single day, but my thighs are still killing me from yesterday's workout. I would really power through it, though. Can't believe how intense this actually is.

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019

IM also in the top 10 for basically everything for 1986, there dont seem to be many people our age playing it.

Yeah, the 3rd boss fight wasnt playing around. I was a little under leveled but I figured it didnt matter, and I only made 2 smoothies since I didnt think I would need them. Even blocking I was taking a little over a heart of damage and the boss would often attack twice; if the fight had gone on for another round or two I would have lost due to lack of healing items. I dont think I would have tried the fight again if I lost after all that.

Last edited:

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
vgWGpup.jpg

lol

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Hey guys I'd like to buy Ring Fit but digitally.
I heard there's a retail version with a digital code instead of the cart, at least in Japan.

Also that in Japan/Asia they sell the Ring-con by itself.
Can't find either on Amazon.jp or other branches. Anybody can help me out with a link or something, possibly with a decent deal not super overpriced 😅

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Played a little this morning and am really impressed so far!

the ring itself feels great and more "heavy duty" than I was expecting and I was impressed with how well it tracks all the movements. This thing is cooool!

All I do for exercise is run, so the squats and everything else were making me feel the BURN pretty hardcore. I'm really impressed. The variety alone is enough to sort of add it into my daily routine for a nice little change up.

have a pretty bad cold so I cut it short, but I'm looking forward to more and the first impression it makes is fantastic. Lots of charm, here.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Tempted to get this since I'm seriously out of shape at the moment and this look like exercise that would appeal to me.

How many calories do you find you burn per session?

Xemnas89

Aug 28, 2019
So does anyone have trouble tackling stairs? It seems to take me awhile to get going right and for longer sections it kind of cuts in and out.

Bohemian

Oct 26, 2017
I heard there's a retail version with a digital code instead of the cart, at least in Japan.

Can't find either on Amazon.jp or other branches. Anybody can help me out with a link or something, possibly with a decent deal not super overpriced 😅

Maybe they're only selling the digital version on the Japanese My Nintendo store? https://store.nintendo.co.jp/ext/pickup/feature_ringfit_adventure.html

Sieglinde

Feb 20, 2019

I think is only available through MyNintendo store in Japan, and i don't think they shipped outside of Japan.

IamPeacock

Feb 9, 2018
Belgium
So does anyone have trouble tackling stairs? It seems to take me awhile to get going right and for longer sections it kind of cuts in and out.

Having same experience as you.
Also the walking/running is kinda off. Sometimes I go fast, sometimes very slow.

I also don't know if I need to strap the joycon high or love to my thighs

Xemnas89

Aug 28, 2019
Having same experience as you.
Also the walking/running is kinda off. Sometimes I go fast, sometimes very slow.

I also don't know if I need to strap the joycon high or love to my thighs
I tend to put mine a few inches above the knee. I think it's supposed to be slightly higher but it tends to slip down a bit no matter how tight I have it. I'm also trying to figure out if I should keep going or take a break for a few days because my right knee has been feeling weird since my session yesterday.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
The ringcon seems like it would be great for racing games. I wonder if the leg strap is sensitive enough to track "pedal presses," so you could raise and lower your foot to accelerate.