• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do you think the final Metacritic score may be?

• 91-100

Votes: 114 18.1%
  • 88-90

Votes: 207 32.9%
  • 83-87

Votes: 253 40.2%
  • 80-82

Votes: 42 6.7%
  • 75-79

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • 70-74

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • <70

Votes: 2 0.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
For me it was 9 hours and 12 minutes. Howlongtobeat has more than 1500 hours for RE2 so I think it's probably close to the real average playtime.
i recall it taking roughly 6:45 for my first time with Leon 1 and 4:25 with Clair 2 i am also a veteran of that type of game so many saying 6 or so hours seems on par for me. especially if we do not have a gimmick section aka Ada/Sherry like 2

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
People saying that RE2 is 5-7 hours are kidding themselves. The game is almost 8,5 hours for the average player.

howlongtobeat.com

How long is Resident Evil 2? | HowLongToBeat

How long is Resident Evil 2? HowLongToBeat has the answer. Create a backlog, submit your game times and compete with your friends!

I don't mean to come off as an 'elitist', but in my experience the average timings for How Long to Beat are always way longer than my experiences.

RE2 was 5~ hours for me the very first time with the full on exploring and subsequent playthroughs were naturally much shorter.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
yeah my first playthrough of RE2 was around 5 or 6 hours, with subsequent runs getting that down to around 80 minutes.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
too short and lacking content for me to justify a day one purchase

Firmus_Anguis

AVALANCHE
Oct 30, 2017
The length is disappointing, but the game is a must have for me after RE2. I liked the gameplay refinements (played the demo, couldn't resist). They're both obviously aiming for two different things.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'll definitely end up purchasing the game eventually, it just might not be at launch. Close to $90 is a lot for a game right now, especially for a month as loaded as this one. If it had a bit more content to justify the price (I don't care about Resistance at all) it'd be different, but since this doesn't seem to be the case, I'm debating holding back for now until a price-drop (or two) happens.

Nov 4, 2017
Damn, now I've got to somehow sabotage the FFVIIr reviews.

I'm a little concerned about how short this game is, but I'm ok with it if the MP is good and takes off.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
I looked at most of the reviews and I found something odd.
Half of them are saying that it doesn't have much replayability while the other half says that it's higly replayable.

What ?

MarcelRguez

Nov 7, 2018
Half of them are saying that it doesn't have much replayability while the other half says that it's higly replayable.

What ?
I would consider a short game that is fun to play "highly replayable", even if it doesn't have a lot of unlockables and the like. Other people might be more strict and not see the point.

Oct 25, 2017

What ?
I suppose it depends on what people expect out of a game to consider it replayable.

To me, all a game needs to have high replayability is to be good and to not waste too much of my time with bullshit like pointless slow walking. I don't need any incentives by the game itself, I replay things for fun, not for completionism.

So what I'm getting from this divide is that the game's design likely goes well with repeated playthroughs, but there aren't enough unlockables like you'd expect from a Resident Evil game, like costumes, weapons and such. I never cared about that part, other than costumes, always replayed RE because I like the games and I enjoy replaying them, so I'll likely fall on the camp that finds RE3 highly replayable.

Heraldic

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Think I'll wait for pc sale. RE2 is finally under 15 bucks, so I think ill pick that up instead.

Phantom_Snake

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
Montana
No it wasn't

www.google.com

Resident Evil 3 Remake Was Planned For A While, Says Capcom

It appears Resident Evil 3 remake was in the cards as far back as Resident Evil 2 remake's confirmation.
It was.

From the article you posted.

"Fabiano explained that RE3 was in active development for three years, and had some overlap with RE2's development. In fact, what the RE2 team was doing with Mr. X helped inform the RE3 team's work on Nemesis, the towering tyrant-like pursuer pursuing Jill in that game."

Edit: Unless you were talking about the same team developing it.

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting to probably get 15-20 hours at least out of RE3, but I'm the type that loves replaying the hell out of these games for faster times

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Damn, I'm so sad to hear they kept the scope so small... I was legitimately hoping for a whole Raccoon City to explore. That makes knowing they cut the branching narrative an even worse decision.

I'm unable to play games for about a year due to working abroad, so I'd be waiting to experience this game regardless, but it's still disappointing to hear.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Waiting til this is £20. Backlog too stronk rn and those reviews are indeed very disappointing based on what I expected.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I just don't understand how capcom adds stuff like ghost survivors that includes a literal horde mode in RE2 but couldn't include anything like that in the more action orientated game let alone mercenaries.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
The only thing I truly wanted from this Remake was for them to actually make RE3 have a good story and from everything I've seen and read, it looks like it did just that.
Original RE3 was abysmal story-wise, despite having lots of potential with the extended cast. I'm glad that they fixed that.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Maybe Capcom will actually do DLC? I was hoping they'd add some of the cut content back into RE2 via DLC, but maybe do it for 3? Seems unlikely.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I just don't understand how capcom adds stuff like ghost survivors that includes a literal horde mode in RE2 but couldn't include anything like that in the more action orientated game let alone mercenaries.
That was post-release DLC, to be fair. The game only shipped with Hunk and multiple Tofu survivors.

I'd like to see actual campaign content, personally.

We_care_a_lot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Summerside PEI
It was.

From the article you posted.

"Fabiano explained that RE3 was in active development for three years, and had some overlap with RE2's development. In fact, what the RE2 team was doing with Mr. X helped inform the RE3 team's work on Nemesis, the towering tyrant-like pursuer pursuing Jill in that game."

Edit: Unless you were talking about the same team developing it.
No, I think I was kind of just wrong here To be honest.

Still, it seems like the end result may have had less care and attention and was perhaps more of an after thought/expansion to 2 rather than a full blown effort on the level of 2.

I dunno. I remember them saying around the time of 2's release something to the effect of 'remake 3 is possible, we are considering it' so I guess they were just lying lmao

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Shit I thought the game will review higher and I voted for FFVII in the metascore avatar bet thread hoping to lose the bet...l

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds slightly disappointing but still worth a try, especially after RE2 being 2019's GOTY.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Damn, I'm so sad to hear they kept the scope so small... I was legitimately hoping for a whole Raccoon City to explore. That makes knowing they cut the branching narrative an even worse decision.

I'm unable to play games for about a year due to working abroad, so I'd be waiting to experience this game regardless, but it's still disappointing to hear.
Why did they cut the branching narrative? Anyone know?