Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
The amount of effort and love going into this game is just awesome. Capcom are doing an amazing job recreating RE2 and it's looking better than I ever imagined it would.

Crazy to think it this early but this could easily be GOTY 2019 for me already (and maybe many others too)

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
G-embryo looks sick! The splitting-head is such a cool new detail.
pHadWN8.png

iVtFFBf.jpg

Images taken from this video:

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
So does mr.X work like Jack in Resi 7?
Mr. X looks way scarier than Jack in RE7 because, best as I can recall, Jack generally didn't appear in areas with regular enemies, while Mr. X does.

On the other hand, the way Jack would talk while chasing you made him seem intelligent and arguably creepier in that respect.

Man, I love the Resident Evil series.

GothYagamy

Dec 3, 2018
I have high hopes for this one. Gives me a similar feeling that I had for the Remake of the first one. I hope that it delivers to the same extend.

Arih

Jan 19, 2018
Wth is going? I dont get it, why does this game look so good? I obviously havent played it but it looks so amazing from a gameplay AND graphical perspective!
I... I might... Cant believe im saying this but i might skip KH3 and go with this.

I didnt play the original RE2, did the unstoppable tyrant appear in the original or is that a new thing?

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wth is going? I dont get it, why does this game look so good? I obviously havent played it but it looks so amazing from a gameplay AND graphical perspective!
I... I might... Cant believe im saying this but i might skip KH3 and go with this.

I didnt play the original RE2, did the unstoppable tyrant appear in the original or is that a new thing?
He was present throughout both characters' B scenario.

Last edited:

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He just up and removes that helicopter out of the way. I would've shit myself if I saw that playing the game for the first time,so I'm happy I watched the video. Jesus H.

I can't handle stalkers in games, it really messes with me.

Can't wait to have this on my hands.

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
Mr. X looks way scarier than Jack in RE7 because, best as I can recall, Jack generally didn't appear in areas with regular enemies, while Mr. X does.

On the other hand, the way Jack would talk while chasing you made him seem intelligent and arguably creepier in that respect.

Man, I love the Resident Evil series.
On the second playthrough the "rules" became very apparent. They way Jack teleports depending on where you are and where he just stops running after you. But on the first run, that part was propably the scariest thing I have ever experienced. So awesome.

But I meant is that will X be following you in specific places during a specific event like in resi 7 or will he be like Nemesis in resi 3 which (atleast how I remember it) had random encounters also?

Also the couple of vids I watched left me wondering if you can hide from him? Will he follow gun sounds, door sounds, etc?

Tunned

Oct 30, 2017
So the Tyrant is literally unstoppable, no way to kill him what so ever? That is some nightmare fuel right there.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So the Tyrant is literally unstoppable, no way to kill him what so ever? That is some nightmare fuel right there.
In the original game, once you shot him enough he'd fall on the ground and only stand up once you left the area. His encounters were somewhat scripted, though, and I don't recall he being able to follow you everywhere.
He's also a boss fight where you kill him with a rocket launcher near the end of the original game.

Tunned

Oct 30, 2017
In the original game, once you shot him enough he'd fall on the ground and only stand up once you left the area. His encounters were somewhat scripted, though, and I don't recall he being able to follow you everywhere.
He's also a boss fight where you kill him with a rocket launcher near the end of the original game.
Thanks. Now it looks like no bullets affect him, I was anxious just watching the video :)

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On the second playthrough the "rules" became very apparent. They way Jack teleports depending on where you are and where he just stops running after you. But on the first run, that part was propably the scariest thing I have ever experienced. So awesome.

But I meant is that will X be following you in specific places during a specific event like in resi 7 or will he be like Nemesis in resi 3 which (atleast how I remember it) had random encounters also?

Also the couple of vids I watched left me wondering if you can hide from him? Will he follow gun sounds, door sounds, etc?

I don't believe we know exactly how he works in this yet.

In the original, he had scripted encounters, and he showed up throughout the entire game. So more like Nemesis than Jack.

How he behaves in this we have to wait and see.

ksdixon

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I don't understan why Mr X has a hat of all things? I like how he can follow from room-to-room, though.

kowalski

Oct 27, 2017
I tried (really so hard) to think of one thing i don't like about this game and i failed.
Maybe the least thing I like is Ada's detective vision weapon, i feel it's out of place.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
I think my brain is having a malfunction because I don't remember Mr X at all- and I've completed both campaigns in RE2 multiple times. I even looked up screenshots of the original and it doesn't look familiar at all.

Was this a Japanese version thing only? Or was there special conditions that trigger him showing up? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
- Dayum Ada
- I hate Leon's voice vs RE4 one
- Mr X is a thing of nightmares

He's supposed to be a young pupper at this time in the franchise's timeline .. so I think it's excusable.

Obviously he hasn't gone through the Secret Service's One Liner Delivery training by this point.

I think my brain is having a malfunction because I don't remember Mr X at all- and I've completed both campaigns in RE2 multiple times. I even looked up screenshots of the original and it doesn't look familiar at all.

Was this a Japanese version thing only? Or was there special conditions that trigger him showing up? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Umm .. he's a very prominent feature in either character's B scenarios. If you only played their A scenarios, you would never encounter Mr. X.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
How many walls will Mr.X break through?

Either you never continued a save and played the B side or you are crazy.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
I hope he can still be downed, every terminator style enemy in RE can be hurt enough to fall down and leave you alone for a while. It would be terrible if this game doesn't let you do that.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Okay that makes sense guys. I don't think I completed the B scenarios but I know I started them. I think my logic was "oh after I finish Leon I'll play through Claire before starting Leon's B scenario" but by the time I finished Claire I was fatigued of the game and moved onto something else.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Okay that makes sense guys. I don't think I completed the B scenarios but I know I started them. I think my logic was "oh after I finish Leon I'll play through Claire before starting Leon's B scenario" but by the time I finished Claire I was fatigued of the game and moved onto something else.

You've got plenty of time before RE2make comes out, a typical scenario in RE2 is like 3 to 4 hours tops. The A and B scenarios of either characters form the complete story and is highly recommended.

I would recommend do Claire A and Leon B as that makes the most sense story-wise.

moustascheman

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
I hope he can still be downed, every terminator style enemy in RE can be hurt enough to fall down and leave you alone for a while. It would be terrible if this game doesn't let you do that.
Yeah, that's my worry with him now. I also wonder if he still drops ammo like he did in the original game since those drops gave the player a reason to actually fight him instead of just running.