Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
There's a ton of gameplay previews and videos coming from various outlets on REmake 2 today, but Capcom have also released two new gameplay video montages with the new embargo break. I thought both of them deserved a thread of their own as they're kinda' stylized like gameplay trailers, show off pure gameplay stitched together, play the official music themes, and show off some unique things of their own.

I am really curious what people feel like towards Mr. X's return (and his new theme), and the returning characters and their banter.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Continues to look fantastic. The little bit of the open city in Leon's was cool and Mr. X is wicked. Seems like they dug in the Terminator influence more with the music there and I love it. lol

Nice touch in the animation where he actually ducks to go through doors. lol

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Come on Capcom .. announce a damn Steelbook for the US.

Europe is getting a gorgeous Steelbook for pre ordering .. I don't want to pay $200 for a Steelbook cover :(

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I wish i was able to control myself, but man, this looks beyond awesome.

This is the kind of quality i was expecting from REmake 2, and the amount of surprises is perfect, can't wait to play it in January!

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
This version of Mr. X is totally anxiety inducer lmao
This game is gonna be sweeeeet love it

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if Mr. X is equally going to be in both scenarios or just be mostly exclusive to one character.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
The music is so fucking dope. That will put the final dot on the people saying the music will be trash

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dear god that looks incredible. I genuinely wonder how long I'll be able to play for before just quitting out of fear.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Fuck outta my way!

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna have a tough time playing this game. The feeling of being chased gives me such anxiety. But I'm probably going to love every minute because I'm a masochist lol.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
As someone who's been lukewarm towards the RE2 remake, I have to admit I do really like Mr. X and Birkin both look really awesome in the new presentation and encounters seem like they'll be more intense. Probably the thing that has me most excited gameplay change wise.

But that fucking hat is so awful. I hate to gripe about such a small detail but it's just glaringly bad to me.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
Only thing that threw me off was Ada's hand scanner. This game still takes place in 1998?

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who's been lukewarm towards the RE2 remake, I have to admit I do really like Mr. X and Birkin both look really awesome in the new presentation and encounters seem like they'll be more intense. Probably the thing that has me most excited gameplay change wise.

But that fucking hat is so awful. I hate to gripe about such a small detail but it's just glaringly bad to me.

You can shoot it off his head if you hate it so much

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Oh god, Mr. X is going to give me such bad anxiety. It already gave me a lot of jump scares in the original but this looks far worse.

LOL @ the Zombie eating while you get chased (and the one that gets knocked away)

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Claire's movement speed vs. Mr. X's is like one of those nightmares where you can't fucking run properly, as if you're underwater, yet whatever's chasing you can move as fast as they want to.

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They did a fine job on Mr. X. They really stand out!

Nemesis is going to terrify the bejezus out of me. Again.

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
I hate stuff like what Mr. X is in this game (really dislike being chased in games in general) but it's a testament to how brilliant the rest looks that I might be more excited for this than I am Shenmue 3...

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Looks fantastic. Those Mr.X moments are gonna be legit terrifying. Can't wait to see all the small differences compared to the original and hopefully some Easter eggs pertaining to REMake 3

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Wow, this game continues to look absolutely superb. I'm so damn excited. These particular trailers really knock it out of the park for me.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I just want a steelbook / collector's edition in the UK that gives me the old music DLC etc

I want to buy physical but from what I understand I'm SoL for this requirement - have I missed something?

Cosmonaut X

Oct 26, 2017
That Unstoppable Tyrant video is fucking awesome - some great moments there, though I'm a little sad I spoiled the first appearance of Mr X for myself, where he lifts the tail boom of the helicopter out of his way.

One particularly brilliant moment: when Claire is lifted up and stabs him with her knife, he drops her and just stands there for a moment looking at the knife stuck in him - it's a classic "this thing is unstoppable and totally alien" film moment (almost a trope, arguably) that is entirely fitting. Brilliant stuff :-)