• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
All I'm saying is don't be surprised if they changed it just like what they did for Claire.

I won't be surprised. I'll be disappointed.

They changed Claire's in an attempt to modernize it, not to cover the character up more, as shown by the terrible "classic" version of the costume you can get. (I still have no idea why they removed the black top. It looks weird now.)

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
The only major change I could see with Jills outfit is removing the individually pocketed boobs from the FMV model.

klee123

Oct 27, 2017
The only thing I can see Capcom change for Jill's RE outfit is the tubetop. Maybe they'll make it so that she wears her white sweater/jacket over the tubetop or something.

If going by Claire's classic costume, and Ada's attire, they don't mind showing a bit of skin/style.

Last edited:

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Although i think Code Veronica is a better sequel to 2 i would love RE3 in this new engine. Hell, i would like RE1,3,Code,4 and 5 in this engine. Fuck it, give me Outbreak 1 and 2.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
It's coming. Looking at those first week sakes for RE2... no way in hell it's not coming. There's your demand.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
jill is badass

jill-mvc2fixd.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
This just makes me think about RE4 eventually getting a remake
Two gens/a decade and a half later the gameplay and level design still hold up perfectly. If REm4ke is ever a thing, it should be an OoT3D/Halo CEA-type remaster rather than a remake. i.e. a brand new graphics engine/assets and some new content, but otherwise essentially 1:1. Going beyond that will never end well.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Although i think Code Veronica is a better sequel to 2 i would love RE3 in this new engine. Hell, i would like RE1,3,Code,4 and 5 in this engine. Fuck it, give me Outbreak 1 and 2.

I look forward to a potential Code Veronica remake, though I think it is going to create a lot of controversy.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I kind of think an outbreak remake/ new outbreak game is more likely than code veronica.

If RE3 happens presumably they will have made pretty much raccoon city in RE engine, do the groundwork for the outbreak stories is there plus it would give RE a good multiplayer mode (damn outbreak for being to ahead of its time)

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
I reckon that they have outbreak and RE3 on the way, we probably won't see 3 until after RER3 and RE8 is on store shelves.

Hopefully they'll expand on the city, Give us gameplay and story expanding from September 27th until October 1st and provide a Carlos Scenario.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this seems a "when", not an "if". RE2's hype was through the roof and the reception is stellar, plus everything points at the game selling very well right now. They'd be dumb not to make a full remake for 3, and then find the right way to tackle 4 which is probably what most people want to revisit with a modern game design.

Shawcroft

Oct 29, 2017
Hell yeah. Remake of 3 needs to happen and I'll be there day 1.

I feel like 3 gets a worse rep than it deserves, but it certainly has some rough spots that a remake could smooth out.

And the seamless way in which Mr. X can follow you in 2 basically seems tailor-made to be adapted for Nemesis.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm watching a playthrough of the Resident Evil 2 Remake and it's one superb remake. They should do the same with Resident Evil 3.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is just PR speak. Capcom in particular are very fond of a weird brand of "Please demonstrate your enthusiasm" begging.

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
If they like money, they will do a remake. It's a fucking iconic games along with RE2. It's a no brainer.

H4zeVentura

Alt-Account
Banned
Dec 28, 2018
I demand it too!

Nemesis was my nemesis as a child. He fucked me up good on the PSX, can't imagine how it will be with modern graphics.
Better play naked to not shit my Pants.

LuckyLinus

Jun 1, 2018
I remember never finishing the original because being chased by Nemesis stressed me out too much, I love RE2make and I want more but I hope to have less emphasis on being chased than in RE3.

Morbius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This being my first time playing 2 i would welcome a remake of 3 as well since i have not played that ether.

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
Missed out on most of these the first time around (the long and sordid history of how I never owned a PSX), so if they give RE3 the same treatment they've given RE2, count me in.

I mean looking at just the launch sales of the new RE2 it seems like a slam dunk nobrainer for Capcom to do anyway?