• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I'm intrigued how Uptown and Downtown will translate to the new perspective. I always thought it was neat how RE3 had the same lock-and-key design but the first half is primarily outdoors.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I really hope they use Julia but as I understand it Capcom uses a specific modeling agency for their characters and I would assume they'd use one of those models instead. Regardless, I'll be thrilled to have a RE3 remake. That game would really benefit from changes and additions like new areas, new NPCs, new puzzles and an improved Nemesis. In my opinion, a lot of that game's content isn't too sacred so they could really go all out with large changes. And they'd probably bring Mercenaries back with it. 🤩

Deleted member 30151

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
A little sceptical here if they not making a surprise change. If you count Resident Evil 7's Jack Baker in, this would be the third time an invincible creature will follow you around your adventure. The concept is getting a little stale. And we all know how annoying Nemesis can be in the original. Would love to see a remake but they should invest in a fresh idea and giving Nemesis a different purpose than just chasing you through the city.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game shipped 3 million copies.

7drHiqr.gif

There's no way Jill's RE3 outfit would fly in this day and age.

Claire's was less risqué and they gave her a change in attire.

Might I remind you...

header.jpg

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
For fuck sake make sure everyone is in the game this time.

No cuts!!!

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Add in some new mechanics though. I'd be in favor of a dodge or evasion button. Also, please make headshots consistent! I don't know how ANY zombie survives 9 rounds to the fucking head! The head should "pop" after 3 shots at most! Zombies surviving shotgun blasts to the face at point blank range, or a series of shots with a pistol is unreasonable. My hope for RE8 is that zombies aren't traditional zombies but are more so akin to 28 Days/Weeks later and are highly aggressive. To balance that 1 to 2 shots to the head puts them down and zombies rely of stimuli such as sight, touch and sound. They don't just "know" that players are near them.

This opens up further gameplay possibilities for any potential naysayers out there- players can approach using stealth (and kill with a knife or melee weapon) or be conspicuous and readily open fire. Also once you break the Zombies line of sight, they seek you out rather than always knowing your location. Fighting the Tyrant, and G readily displayed REMake 2's short comings in terms of their movement system and combat design. I hope those problems are addressed going forward.

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
Capcom have to continue with Racoon city.

It's so iconic and we have barely explored any of it

Trejo

Oct 25, 2017
In only if we get Julia Voth back as Jill instead of the sexed up Barbie doll look they've given her in more recent entries.

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
Am I the only one that hopes we get a new location to ground the story of RE for an entry or two in? Like, maybe do a new entry in the revelations to set up the larger area like in RE1, then have a new urban area for us to get the backstory on in RE8 & 9.

Obviously, drawing from what made Raccoon City work but create a new location with new mysteries at its core. Uncovering this shit throughout RE1-3 was so incredible.

Oct 25, 2017
They'll probably have it as a classic outfit, but like Claire and Leon, I have no doubt they're going with something else.
How about Jill wears the classic outfit till she arrives at the RPD. At the RPD she puts on her more tactical gear from her locker.
But unlike the RE1 outfit which also isn't completely appropriate(tactical vest instead of the shoulderpads.)

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
Oh please they are already working on it.. and with the sales of REmake 2 only matter of time before the official announcement.

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know given how damn good 2 is just remake Code Veronica while their at it: everything else is suffiently updated for me. I demand it!

Just cast the original voice actor for Nemesis...the MVCi guy just doesn't do "STAAARS" justice.

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny, I've gone from kind of lukewarm on RE2 remake a week before release to 200% on-board with everything at Capcom getting put aside for a Resident Evil 3 Remake because RE2's Mr X just blew me the fuck away and I want to see a Nemesis with today's visuals and design. I truly hope they have already given it the green light and are starting on it. I know everyone here says they are already doing this, but I've yet to see anything to 100% confirm it, and it would do wonders for my sanity to just see that it's happening.

Res

Oct 25, 2017
It just occurred to me, by the time it comes out it'll be for next gen. Graphics with the RE engine will be insane. The character models are already very impressive