• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Why do people add "BREAKING" to the title of a thread that will be seen for months and months from now?

Why do people add "uhhhh......" or "so......" to thread titles?

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Why do people ask for proof in a thread and then never respond when said proof is provided?

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People putting periods at the end of their thread title literally drive me nuts

InspectaDekka

Banned
Jan 4, 2019
Really hate when people drop a /s in their posts when sarcasm is super obvious and the fact it has to be shown to be sarcastic bothers me for some reason.

Of course (and presumably everyone knows) I'm a fucking idiot so this doesn't matter.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
that people still embed youtube videos when like 90% of them are blocked. embedding a video without checking if it actually plays should be bannable.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
When People Post Their Thread Titles Like This As If They Are The Washington Fucking Post

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
that people still embed youtibe videos when like 90% of them are blocked. embedding a video without checking if it actually plays should be bannable.

Definitely not true, the overwhelming majority of videos I've played on this site worked fine. They might be blocked in your country which the person posting could not possibly know beforehand.

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Dogpiling
Actually typing out the word 'callout'
Over the top "everything sucks and we should all feel bad posts" 5 posts into every thread, even positive ones.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
LTTP threads where the OP is basically just "Firing this up now, what should I expect, Era!!"

Port-begging

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
Variants of:

"Can we talk about...?"

"We need to talk about..."

Oct 27, 2017
People who dont read the OP at all
and this is an internet thing but....hyperbole where something must be either the greatest thing ever or literal garbage is silly
Also "This is <insert current year> why are we..." posts sometimes rub me the wrong way for some reason but idk why

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
If i make a thread complaining lightly about something, people always come at me like it's some serious shit? Like, no matter the topic i'm always assumed to be some outrageously offended party. Making threads is not very fun honestly. People just don't want to make light commentary on ephemeral topics, they always gotta front.

May 10, 2018
I know people are just being helpful but it gets annoying when someone ask a question and having to scroll through people still responding to the same post even though the question has been answered.

I'm like "alright, I'm sure they get it by now.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
People not reading the OP or the thread before jumping in with their bad hot takes that could have been avoided had they done so to begin with.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'd kill to just uploaded photos here instead of using third party round about ways to do it, like I understand that requires alot more space but it's just such a hassle

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
People not reading the OP; specifically in discussion threads. If someone makes a topic and posts a long OP and you can't be bothered to read it get off the fucking discussion board. Should honestly be banned after multiple offenses.

JCX

Oct 25, 2017
Being completely dumbfounded by things that are popular but not popular here (like pop music stars) while also assuming things they're super into will be to everywhere else (Detective Pikachu is a recent example)

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
If i make a thread complaining lightly about something, people always come at me like it's some serious shit? Like, no matter the topic i'm always assumed to be some outrageously offended party. Making threads is not very fun honestly. People just don't want to make light commentary on ephemeral topics, they always gotta front.

I've been the recipient of this one. Holy shit have I been the recipient of this one.

jontin

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Is the twitter post you're embedding liked by less than 5 people?

Is the twitter post you're embedding from your own twitter account?

stahp

Terminus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
No mod name associated with warnings or bans. No dedicated space to discuss the site itself. No threads about the site permitted. Transparency is good, folks.

Deleted member 1635

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Threads getting locked for vague reasons like "the staff doesn't believe productive discussion can be had" or "thread has run its course."

Deleted member 1086

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
also never liked how you can't choose your own usertitle/tag, this and GAF are the only Internet forums I've ever seen where this is the case and I simply do not get it.

Oct 27, 2017
Can you make tables in posts? like if I wanted to make a quick and dirty table like you can on reddit, can ERA's software do that?
I've had a few times where I wished I could do that and couldn't find anything so I think it would be a useful feature to add.

The fact that this place is less fun.
there are definitely fewer classic nonsense threads yeh.
- People not getting as many tags for their fame / infamy. I know it prevents tag fishing and accusations of mod abuse, but the hilarity that came with "how the hell did you end up with that" is gone as well.
- FaintColt
- Kale Breckin
- How to Wipe your ass (with MS paint diagrams)
- Dastardly Anal Smell (house of mirrors trying to find it)
- The thread about the guy who was in naked in his gf's parents house and had his butt on the baniste
- shower threads (I turbo my ass every morning)
- that thread where the guy found his gf's cheating texts and was trying to play it cool but couldn't

...and a whole bunch of other weird, wild memorable shit got lost in the transfer imo

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
People not reading the OP; specifically in discussion threads. If someone makes a topic and posts a long OP and you can't be bothered to read it get off the fucking discussion board. Should honestly be banned after multiple offenses.
Came here to say this. People not reading the OP (or even finishing reading the title sometimes) and people asking questions that countless other people have asked/answered on the same page or a few pages back. I get that there are some threads that are really big but for some that are only a few pages, or have very recent new news, the questions that are being asked are either in the OP or have been answered already.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Not just this forum but generally online Interactions that irk me:

-Hyperbole
-Asking a loaded question in the thread title which may include a skewed poll
-Refusal to have a discussion but rather just restating their position a different way each time
-not saying Sorry or "I stand corrected" and simply ghosting a thread because their incorrect take was exposed as incorrect
-General negativty and hatred / anger towards groups of people who are positive about something. The Reggie chair thread is a good example

Status
Not open for further replies.