• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
Maybe I'm weird, but I've never really seen a horror movie that I thought was scary

Is there anything you find scary? In my experience, a lot of finding a movie scary is letting it happen. You have to suspend disbelief a lot.

Return is a bit unconventional as far as zombies goes (it's where zombies eating brains specifically came from)

Yeah, I'm aware. I'm still waiting for another Zombieland. That's more up my alley.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm running out of good horror games to play. Something like SOMA

ohkay

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is there anything you find scary? In my experience, a lot of finding a movie scary is letting it happen. You have to suspend disbelief a lot.
This is my issue. I go into horror movies aware that they're gonna try to scare me and look for how they're gonna do it.

That being said, it's not like I'm unable to enjoy watching them as long as they're otherwise good movies

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
This is my issue. I go into horror movies aware that they're gonna try to scare me and look for how they're gonna do it.

That being said, it's not like I'm unable to enjoy watching them as long as they're otherwise good movies
Yeah, I've been that way at times before. I still love the atmosphere of scary movies even if I don't personally feel scared by them.

toadsworth

Oct 25, 2017
They don't scare so much as thrill me, I guess. I'm going to watch Bone Tomahawk soon too, that movie looks nuts

Deleted member 3876

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

For me it's not about being scared—I never am. Horror is so much more than that and is at its best when it gets under your skin. Unsettling, disturbing, unnerving...that's what I'm looking for. :)

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing through Sweet Home on Famicom, that's kind of a horror game.
I'm not familiar with that one.

My favorite horror movies aren't ones that make me scream in the theater (that doesn't actually happen...to me, anyway). I like ones that make me uneasy long after I've left the theater. Not scared, just rattled.

OP
OP
Pirate Bae

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Maybe I'm weird, but I've never really seen a horror movie that I thought was scary
I think it's about your perspective. If you go in and remember it's a horror movie and that they're trying to scare you, it makes it way less scary. To me, anyway.

Edit: oops, you said the same thing lol

Vazra

Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

Oooooh yes
Freddy is on Dead By Daylight. Available now on Steam.

fengshuifever

Oct 25, 2017

Mornin' all.

What's everyone's plans today?

I'm heading out with a friend to pick up Odyssey and start getting quotes for a woodworking project I'm nightmare diving into.

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
5 hours of work, do my grocery shopping, take the dof to the park, work out, get fucking blazed, drink a few litres of beer and play them vidya.

Pretty sure a few of the boys are coming round, so beats and bullshit will be in the mix as well.

But first....5 more hours of work.

toadsworth

Oct 25, 2017
The last movie that even remotely rattled me was it follows. Kept thinking about it when I went to bed that night.

I gotta pack tonight because I'll be too busy drinking tomorrow night to pack. Just got home and I'm chillin with some PBRs tonight. Maybe some Overwatch because I hate myself.

Decarbia

Oct 25, 2017
I made lots of excel spreadsheets and tried to teach an idiot how to use a pneumatic chisel to bust up nonskid.

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Going to have to face it, this Magpie isn't going to recover on his own.

Afternoon plan now involves catching a magpie and taking it to a wildlife centre...and then dank and drank.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
First snow here in CO.

I died a little on the inside. Why can't it be summer foevah.

m o n s t e r

Oct 25, 2017
under your bed
Didn't get to carve pumpkins yesterday. It's tomorrow now and I haven't slept yet. We're supposed to carve today instead. Hope I can get enough of a nap.

You're all dorks and I hope you have a great day!

Courier 7

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Ya
ya, Philly cheesesteak and spicy pierogie pizzas

Pineapple is just wrong

Pineapple is great on pizza. Philly cheesesteak with some peppers on pizza also delicious. Never had spicy pierogie.

Friday. About to start the last work shift for the week. Can't wait to get home and give the new Wolfenstein a spin!

Decarbia

Oct 25, 2017
People who have strong opinions about pineapple on pizza need to find something in their life to fill that absolute void of vapidity