• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 91227

Feb 4, 2021
I'm still having a lot of fun playing this with a couple of friends. We wasted a fair bit of time running around as we had struggled to beat the Barbed Terror boss and some googling led us astray in believing it was an optional boss we could deal with later. Thus we were wandering around trying to find the dungeon with Ixillis. Finally searched more and found that was wrong and went and beat Barbed Terror with out too much trouble after having died a ton the previous session.

Got to Ixillis and died a bunch there, came really close to beating it once, and then started doing worse as it was late and we were sleepy. Imagine we'll knock it out without too much fuss the next session, hopefully to night. Definitely up their with the most fun I've had with a PS+ game since I've often played most of the games that appeal to me before they hit the service and haven't liked games that weren't on my radar like this all that often.

Deleted member 91227

Feb 4, 2021
Ended up just playing with one of my friends last night as the other couldn't make it. Took several more tries but we finally beat Ixillis! Definitely the hardest boss we've fought so far. Pain with them being on both sides of you for most of the fight and getting hit from behind as you can't keep a constant eye on both sides.

Played more and had no issues with the next boss we fought and beat it on first try. Plan to play some more later tonight.

Deleted member 91227

Feb 4, 2021
My two buddies and I finished up our first run a couple nights ago. Last boss wasn't too bad once we figured out the mechanic and weakspot on the second phase.

Game seems to have decent replay value as I jumped into my buddy's game (we'd played through on mine) and we already hit a couple of bosses we didn't get on mine, got a couple new weapons and a few new mods, unlocked new traits etc. We also bought the Subject 2923 DLC (on sale for $6), but haven't started that up yet as we were waiting for the three of us to be able to play.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Ixillis XV is such a rough fight but at least if it's going to kill you, it usually kills you quickly. Trait you get from him is great though.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
Ixillis XV is such a rough fight but at least if it's going to kill you, it usually kills you quickly.

Corsus has just been eating my lunch for a week now. My campaign rolled Barbed Terror which was a hard wall for me until I upped my Skull buddies enough through Torment that I could get passive dps on it while focusing on dodging those wall needles. Got it eventually though.

Ixillis however is roughhhh city. I'm just not great at managing both of them and only once have I managed to kill one though I've gotten both close a few times. My campaign didn't roll me bosses to get Defiler or Spitfire, so I'm just trying all sorts of weapon and armor combos with little change in results.

It has definitely reminded me of certain hard walls I'd hit in Bloodborne where I'd just pop off to the Chalice Dungeons to grind xp to eventually out level the barrier. Guess I'm just not sure where I should focus some new trait points to make this fight easier. I don't think I've put more than 2 points into the Ranged Dmg Reduction one, but Exploiter is fully maxed. Anygeneral tips? All the videos I see are people on pc using the mouse for pinpoint accuracy on those homing wisps which is not something I can replicate on console.

Lube Man

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 18, 2021
Ixillis XV is such a rough fight but at least if it's going to kill you, it usually kills you quickly. Trait you get from him is great though.
Such a satisfying boss to beat. I have the whole animation and strategy nailed down, and its quite simple once you accept death as nothing to fear lol.

Shoot the first boss and take down his health to 1/4th for the 2nd one to spawn.
When they unleash the white orbs, focus on the orbs and use a distraction mod once they are inches away from you (like the Rift Walker).
Keep focusing on the first boss until they both decide to explode.
Shoot them both to prevent the explosion.
Focus on the 2nd boss and take down his health until the first boss returns.
When first boss returns, he will be shooting laser beams. Avoid it by memory/SFX but focus on 2nd boss.
Once he's done laser beaming, focus on 1st boss and finish him.
Focus on 2nd boss and finish him.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Such a satisfying boss to beat. I have the whole animation and strategy nailed down, and its quite simple once you accept death as nothing to fear lol.

Shoot the first boss and take down his health to 1/4th for the 2nd one to spawn.
When they unleash the white orbs, focus on the orbs and use a distraction mod once they are inches away from you (like the Rift Walker).
Keep focusing on the first boss until they both decide to explode.
Shoot them both to prevent the explosion.
Focus on the 2nd boss and take down his health until the first boss returns.
When first boss returns, he will be shooting laser beams. Avoid it by memory/SFX but focus on 2nd boss.
Once he's done laser beaming, focus on 1st boss and finish him.
Focus on 2nd boss and finish him.

Everything in your strategy rings true to me except my only Distraction mod is Rattle Weed and it simply doesn't regenerate fast enough to be useful for me to use more than once a battle, when those white orbs are going to be spawning 4-5x a battle.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
IIRC, you can force the second one to show up early (but with a nice chunk of it's health bar depleted) by shooting at it's cocoon opposite the first boss. Ideally, you'd want to do this after burning down the first one to just BEFORE the point it'd automatically summon the second. That might give you the leg up you need to clear this hurdle.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
JFC.

I never paid attention to adventure mode until now. For whatever reason it was always in my brain as a post-game sort of activity. I had no idea it was essentially Remnant's version of Chalice Dungeons. I've taken A break from running the same loop on Corsus to run an Adventure Mode on Earth on Hard and am having a blast. Shit is challenging, I've already picked up a couple new items, and I've added 6 trait points in the past 30min. God dammit why didn't I do this sooner?! Imma run this shit till I get the tools I want then go back and wax Ixillis. I WILL BECOME GOD.

This game is fun as hell.

IIRC, you can force the second one to show up early (but with a nice chunk of it's health bar depleted) by shooting at it's cocoon opposite the first boss. Ideally, you'd want to do this after burning down the first one to just BEFORE the point it'd automatically summon the second. That might give you the leg up you need to clear this hurdle.

Yeah it'll spawn after the first Ixillis gets under the first section of its health bar. Shooting the cocoon before then releases it but with one segment depleted (like.. 1/5?). It's definitely the only way I can get close to killing them

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Adventure Mode is a GREAT way to pad out your gear and build up your traits.
IIRC, it wasn't available right away, so those of us around for day one had to re-roll our worlds repeatedly and hope to get seeds that included loot and quests that we hadn't yet done.
I had a bit of a rough time getting everything until Adventure Mode came around and simplified things, though by then, I had almost everything anyway.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Adventure Mode is a GREAT way to pad out your gear and build up your traits.
IIRC, it wasn't available right away, so those of us around for day one had to re-roll our worlds repeatedly and hope to get seeds that included loot and quests that we hadn't yet done.
I had a bit of a rough time getting everything until Adventure Mode came around and simplified things, though by then, I had almost everything anyway.

It's such a smart way to encourage people to replay zones and experience quests, bosses, and loot that RNG screwed them out of in their campaign. Bummer that it wasn't there at launch for early adopters but hopefully other developers implement something similar going forward in games with similar gameplay loops.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Lol now I'm just addicted to rolling adventure modes because at least I'll come across XP tomes for faster leveling, as well as potentially new items and weapons. Just rolling Earth 4 times nabbed me around 25 trait points, a couple new weapons, rings, and armor sets, as well as a new trait (Barkskin). Moving onto rolling Rohm now. I'm fighting the urge to roll planets/zones I haven't encountered in the campaign yet bc I know of some weapons & items I'd really like to have 😓

Pantaghana

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Croatia
Started playing this a while back and I love it, surprised how little I see it talked about.
I'm on EGS and if anyone is up for it I'd like to do survival, or getting the cold as ice and suspicion traits

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Started playing this a while back and I love it, surprised how little I see it talked about.
I'm on EGS and if anyone is up for it I'd like to do survival, or getting the cold as ice and suspicion traits

I think maybe because there is no real loot RNG, just the way maps and bosses are randomized upon re-rolls, there's less grind a than a lot of loot games and certainly no showing off of your rare gun with its rng perks. Remnant seems to be more about character builds which doesn't really inspire a lot of active chatter until there's new content or the developer nerfs/buffs gear and skills.

I love the game though and being able to re-roll a zone for new loot or bosses is a great gameplay loop I wish more developers would copy in this space.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Saw a trailer for a PS5 update for this!

Is this a full next-gen version or a patch for the PS4 version?

I'm getting some odd ghosting effects when my character moves. Don't know if that's an update thing or a bug or what.

Last edited:

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Saw a trailer for a PS5 update for this!

Is this a full next-gen version or a patch for the PS4 version?

I'm getting some odd ghosting effects when my character moves. Don't know if that's an update thing or a bug or what.

I think its a patch for the PS5 version,nothing for PS4,it just updates the PS4 version to 4K/60 etc on PS5...like you said it just downloaded today so I will try it tonight on the PS5...I havent played this in a while,but yeah it was a hard game but very fun playing with a friend...the Treant tree was hard for us because my friend just couldnt get the beat of the fight lol,and the constant add during Boss fights where frustrating the first few attempts,still loved it though,might grab the Corsus DLC as wel,if I am pleased with the PS5 enhancements.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Started playing on Game Pass but the game crashes out of Multiplayer for one of us for an unknown reason. Looks like the same thing that's happening from time to time with other Game Pass Windows titles like Deep Rock Galactic too.

So a friend noticed he had the game on Epic too - we want to give it a try, but we can't really find a way to play together. Does is have crossplay between Steam/Game Pass Windows/Epic?

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
I'm occasionally getting an issue whereby if I try to aim down sights and shoot, I suddenly start to melee instead.

Even if the magazine is full, if I try to aim and shoot my character aims down sight but then once i click he melee attacks instead.

This is very annoying, to put it mildly.

Any advice?