• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Neera Tanden having a late normal one over this:

does she really endorse slavery? why would we care what she thinks?

Funny, because I've seen many centrists try to prop up the squad when it's convenient , but the moment they stray from the party line it's full on "you're being divisive" "she should know her place" "she only won her district by 1%..."

for real what's that about?

don't forget "she only won because her name sounds black", which is a thing people actually said

Last edited:

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Shame Tilib doesn't realized she is getting the exact treatment the GOP perfected on Hillary, she doesn't have to like Hillary but she should see the similarities of the game being run on her.

OP
OP
bye

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Shame Tilib doesn't realized she is getting the exact treatment the GOP perfected on Hillary, she doesn't have to like Hillary but she should see the similarities of the game being run on her.

or maybe Hillary shouldn't openly bash one of the candidates, lying about them, and expect to just walk away unscathed

ultimately Hillary is kinda irrelevant in 2020 I don't see how a boo does anything but give her the criticism she needed

Deleted member 6230

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'm sure she and the rest of the squad are aware of the attacks the far right is hurling in their direction.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The party "Unity" talk is extremely weird because lets be honest these people aren't attacking Hilary Clinton out of the blue she's been publicly and very viscerally attacking a Democratic front runner for a month while not being a part of the primary process at all. If Bernie gets the nod and she helps Trump win causing suffering for millions what are peoples excuses going to be then?

Between the two camps she is by far the greatest cause party disunity and thus is earning their disagreement. These people weren't publicly attacking her out of the blue during this campaign before this. That's all on her.
if Bernie gets the nomination, he will lose not because of Clinton but because he has always been a bad candidate. Even with the policies that he has, there are better candidates that could actually win.

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Hilary trying to cloutshark Bernie to promote her Hulu documentary, these climbers man it's vicious out there

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hillary is in "don't give a fuck" mode since this is basically the first time in the last three decades she isn't involved in public office.

People endorsing Sanders are right to snap back when she shit on Sanders.

Clinton has practically zero input and sway in the Democratic party at this point. She is not a leader, she is a black sheep that has been cast away because of the 2016 loss.

People complaining about party unity and Clinton sniping at Sanders from the sidelines are ignoring that she's not running, has little influence on the outcome of this primary and will have even less on the general election. She is a non-factor and there are far bigger fish to fry with "party unity" given the polling done on which voters would only back specific candidates if nominated.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why the fuck is ANYONE defending Hillary at this point?

Not only is she a money-grubbing corporatist with centrist takes on crucial issues and – like her husband – a coward unless the political wind is blowing firmly in a direction she can capitalize on but she also more than likely helped her scumbag husband cover up a fucking rape.

And now, as Bernie is looking to possibly take the nomination and give us a genuine shot at a progressive presidency, she comes out of the fucking cave to slander Sanders so her male clone, Creepy Uncle Joe, can give us 'incremental change' that assures he and all his wealthy donor friends keep rolling in the dough.

Seriously, Fuck Hillary.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
if Bernie gets the nomination, he will lose not because of Clinton but because he has always been a bad candidate. Even with the policies that he has, there are better candidates that could actually win.
Obviously and Hilary lost because she was a bad candidate, but that doesn't anyone that negatively impact her campaign for no good reason gets off scott free. Nothing she's doing is positive benefit to anybody hear he has political rivals and lobby groups against him let them do the trash talking.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
This is the best. You gotta love trash like Neera Tanden and all the rest wasting their energy losing their minds over this on Twitter.

I personally hate their meltdowns, because as pathetic as they are on Twitter, it manifests as coordinated smear campaigns across every outlet's opinion column section.

In a just world, Neera and every other faux intellectual who is given a platform by these institutions would be out of a job. For some reason, they have failed upwards into steering public discourse even though their heads are completely empty. It's the blind leading the blind.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I think it also warrants a mention that Rashida is from a state where Bernie outright beat Hillary in the 2016 primaries, too.

Here's hoping he wins Michigan again. :)

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Not only is she a money-grubbing corporatist with centrist takes on crucial issues and – like her husband – a coward unless the political wind is blowing firmly in a direction she can capitalize on but she also more than likely helped her scumbag husband cover up a fucking rape.

And now, as Bernie is looking to possibly take the nomination and give us a genuine shot at a progressive presidency, she comes out of the fucking cave to slander Sanders so her male clone, Creepy Uncle Joe, can give us 'incremental change' that assures he and all his wealthy donor friends keep rolling in the dough.

Seriously, Fuck Hillary.

There is bait and then there is just low quality trolling.

Snowy

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
This is wrestling villain stuff to galvanize the movement, nothing more.

If this bothers you in the slightest, get a life.

Deleted member 11046

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I spent nearly the entirety of 2016's primary season on GAF arguing that Bernie was a horrible candidate, so I'm not ignorant of his flaws given how well versed I became in pointing them out. But I believe he can win in 2020. In fact I believe it's absolutely vital he (or Warren) does.

Why do think he's a bad candidate to face Trump, Lothar, and who are these better candidates "that could actually win"?

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Rashida Tlaib @RashidaTlaib

My statement regarding last night:

"I am so incredibly in love with the movement that our campaign of #NotMeUs has created. This makes me protective over it and frustrated by attempts to dismiss the strength and diversity of our movement. (1/4)

"However, I know what is at stake if we don't unify over one candidate to beat Trump and I intend to do everything possible to ensure that Trump does not win in 2020. (2/4)

"In this instance, I allowed my disappointment with Secretary Clinton's latest comments about Senator Sanders and his supporters get the best of me. You all, my sisters-in-service on stage, and our movement deserve better. (3/4)

"I will continue to strive to come from a place of love and not react in the same way of those who are against what we are building in this country. This is about building a just and equitable future for my two boys, children across the country, and future generations." (4/4)​

9:30 AM - Feb 1, 2020

Stellar

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Seriously, Fuck Hillary.
what's the point of getting angry tho? HRC is and has been completely and utterly irrelevant since her shameful loss to donald trump in 2016. I think it's just sad how she pops up every now and then to talk bad about Bernie. Desperately trying to remain relevant. I wish Rashida Tlaib would do like Bernie and ignore her.

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's neither but rather the simple truth of who this woman is.

If you care to refute anything I've written I invite you to do so.

I've been in plenty of Clinton threads over the last five years that I'm at a point where I simply stopped caring what people have to say on this topic regarding her being a political coward or what ever the label of the day is.

I think we're at a point where people just enjoy bashing on someone because it's fun, I think that point is obvious. I think people hold conflicted views of Clinton regarding her status, as they say they want her to "fuck off forever" and never return, but there is obvious a clear enjoyment when she does pop pack up so threads can be made and inner-website conflict can be stirred up again. I think in reality most folks don't really care that much about Clinton, I think there is far more personal motivations driving the reactions we see on ERA regarding this topic that stem back to the last primary/general election. Clinton is just the vessel to drive that community conflict.

That's my take.

Tlaloc

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know the GOP's 30 year smear campagin was success when even people on the left hate the woman for reasons.

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I've been in plenty of Clinton threads over the last five years that I'm at a point where I simply stopped caring what people have to say on this topic regarding her being a political coward or what ever the label of the day is.

I think we're at a point where people just enjoy bashing on someone because it's fun, I think that point is obvious. I think people hold conflicted views of Clinton regarding her status, as they say they want her to "fuck off forever" and never return, but there is obvious a clear enjoyment when she does pop pack up so threads can be made and inner-website conflict can be stirred up again. I think in reality most folks don't really care that much about Clinton, I think there is far more personal motivations driving the reactions we see on ERA regarding this topic that stem back to the last primary/general election. Clinton is just the vessel to drive that community conflict.

That's my take.

so like why are you posting if you don't care

you are just part of the endless back and forth re-litigation of 2016, which are all doomed to be defined by as this century drags on.

be the change you want to see in the world!

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Donald Trump is about to be acquitted for using the powers of the presidency to once again have a foreign power interfere in our elections. Democratic infighting has never felt pettier and less important.

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

you are just part of the endless back and forth re-litigation of 2016, which are all doomed to be defined by as this century drags on.

Well, I wanted to see why Rashida booed Clinton, the context and so forth. Since she is a prominent person on the left I felt it was worth while reading a little bit on the situation, which is why I gave my overall views on this situation, here;

Hillary is in "don't give a fuck" mode since this is basically the first time in the last three decades she isn't involved in public office.

People endorsing Sanders are right to snap back when she shit on Sanders.

Clinton has practically zero input and sway in the Democratic party at this point. She is not a leader, she is a black sheep that has been cast away because of the 2016 loss.

People complaining about party unity and Clinton sniping at Sanders from the sidelines are ignoring that she's not running, has little influence on the outcome of this primary and will have even less on the general election. She is a non-factor and there are far bigger fish to fry with "party unity" given the polling done on which voters would only back specific candidates if nominated.

Not sure how you see that as relitigation of 2016, but you can interpret things how you want.

Deleted member 11046

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

TheLostBigBoss is clearly well spoken enough to defend themself but I will point out your failure distinguish between not caring about a topic and not caring what certain groups say on a topic.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

That's my take.

I'm not interested in your generalizations of what others have done being applied to me because I'm not doing this for fun, trolling, or whatever other label you opt to use to dismiss my very valid and provable claims against this person.

I dislike HRC because she is emblematic of everything that is wrong with the current Democratic Party including fealty to corporations, fetishistic devotion to privatizing crucial public services like healthcare and prisons, a continued weak stance on the environment, the persistent lunacy of perpetuating the War on Drugs, warhawk interventionist foreign policy, etc.

So for me, none of the is fucking 'fun'.

Hillary - for whatever reasons - has thrust herself into the middle of these proceedings, perhaps to promote her docu-series at Hulu, perhaps to get even with Sanders (or both) but the reality is she made the decision to jump back into the fray and frankly, that pisses me and other progressives off for very obvious reasons.

Personally, I'm fine never talking about her again but given her recent inflammatory statements, here we are.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You know the GOP's 30 year smear campagin was success when even people on the left hate the woman for reasons.

People on the Left hate Hillary Clinton because she isn't anywhere near the Left.

My dislike with her has nothing to do with the GOP and everything to do with her stances on key issues for the last three decades.

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
I voted for Hillary and wanted her to win, but everything she's done after the election has made her extremely unlikeable in my book. She needs to disappear from politics unless she wants to hand trump the election again

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not interested in your generalizations of what others have done being applied to me because I'm not doing this for fun, trolling, or whatever other label you opt to use to dismiss my very valid and provable claims against this person.

I dislike HRC because she is emblematic of everything that is wrong with the current Democratic Party including fealty to corporations, fetishistic devotion to privatizing crucial public services like healthcare and prisons, a continued weak stance on the environment, the persistent lunacy of perpetuating the War on Drugs, warhawk interventionist foreign policy, etc.

So for me, none of the is fucking 'fun'.

Hillary - for whatever reasons - has thrust herself into the middle of these proceedings, perhaps to promote her docu-series at Hulu, perhaps to get even with Sanders (or both) but the reality is she made the decision to jump back into the fray and frankly, that pisses me and other progressives off for very obvious reasons.

Personally, I'm fine never talking about her again but given her recent inflammatory statements, here we are.

I mean, I don't really believe you, but you do you.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
what's the point of getting angry tho? HRC is and has been completely and utterly irrelevant since her shameful loss to donald trump in 2016. I think it's just sad how she pops up every now and then to talk bad about Bernie. Desperately trying to remain relevant. I wish Rashida Tlaib would do like Bernie and ignore her.

Because I am genuinely flummoxed at how people claiming to be progressive continue to stan for this woman.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I think that ignoring her is the best bet. Let them fund raise off of her and get even more popular just like last time. That said, she is not irrelevant at all. There's still a sizable amount of Democrats that hold a favorable view of her, and she is still considered a major voice for the party.

Generally, the same people that lambaste someone like say, Nina Turner, are more than happy to carry water for Hilary Clinton. Despite her Terf comments, history of protecting and associating with infamous sexual predators and at least one infamous pedophile, and her defense of war criminals. That's not even to say that Nina Turner was at all in the right for fighting to keep her friend on, but how some people tend to apply this massive double standard is more than a little hypocritical and grimly telling as to their priorities and concerns.

Last edited:

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
Wait until Biden loses to Trump.

Who needs to wait with all the prognosticators that come out of the woodwork to remind us daily that X candidate can't beat him? Never mind those same people are rarely correct in their predictions anyhow come election time. Waiting and seeing is what more of us should just do rather than making predictions rooted in nothing of substance.

cnorwood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well shes obviously a sexist and takes cues from her leader Bernie. What a fucking Bernie Bro harassing a woman on stage, this is clearly old white man behavior

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean, I don't really believe you, but you do you.

If you want to play that silly little chickenshit game I can just as easily rebut that you're obviously not a progressive given that you're indirectly defending a centrist neoliberal warhawk.

But I won't do that.

The thing is I don't know you so trying to tag you as such would be unfair and disingenuous. That said, generalizations rarely work as an argument and tilt more towards the lazy spectrum of rhetoric. I have no reason to lie to you as my politics (HARD LEFT) are readily on display in the posts I've made here, as is my very public dislike of the Clintons, Biden, and moderate Democrats in general.

I voted for Hillary in the general in 2016 and I'll vote for Creepy Uncle Joe if it means getting rid of Trump but my deep ideological differences with moderate corporatist Dems like Hillary isn't something I'm going to apologize for.

cnorwood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I just sit back and laugh at it all. If people think Hillary or anyone else is so awful to Bernie their minds would melt under the pain of what Bernie would be hit with by the GOP machine if he ever gets a chance to be the nominee
Yes Bernie and the GOP, the same part as Bernie. The same party where Bernie usually supports. The same Party that always cries unity when Sanders has disagreements with their nominee, the same party where Bernie campaigned for their last presidential nominee 41 times.

Wait that was the Democrats? You mean historical context is important? Who would've known. Maybe it's the history that makes it looks shady did you ever think of that?

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Good thing we have people like the woman in the squad who actually care about saying what's right rather being career politicians who uselessly toe the line.
My argument isn't about toeing the line and it's ridiculous to minimize it as such. There's plenty of actual political action to be taken that doesn't involve dredging up the same old shit again and again. Booing Hilary doesn't actually equal praxis. Hillary isn't the "leader" of the Democratic party as some posters in here have hilariously claimed. She's just a retired politician sniping from the sidelines. It's just as pathetic of others to keep putting her name in their mouth as it is her to complain right now