• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I fully believe that while some trump supporters got suckered by his false populism claims(ie bringing the jobs back) most liked his racism however a nobody on era saying that is different from the wife of a former President, and former Sectary of State for the Obama Admin. Point is both comments weren't helpful.

Sidenote people's masks are coming off.

Oh that's not even the best part.

The masks slip so easily the second they're questioned by PoC.

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
If you don't vote, you're guaranteeing Donald Trump gets another 4 years to stack the Supreme Court with even more far right nominees. Elections have consequences, there will be no "clean slate" by not voting.

I was just responding about revolutions leading to worse situations. Everyone should vote for whoever is running against Trump.

Malverde

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
I fully believe that while some trump supporters got suckered by his false populism claims(ie bringing the jobs back) most liked his racism however a nobody on era saying that is different from the wife of a former President, and former Sectary of State for the Obama Admin. Point is both comments weren't helpful.

Sidenote people's masks are coming off.

Oh shit Liam was a TA back when I was doing my undergrad at Irvine. Super knowledgeable, down to earth guy, everything I know about the revolutions in the Middle East I learned from him. Anyone in the area should totally support him.

LilWayneSuckz

Oct 25, 2017
That's all well and good but i'm talking about giving a shit about what hillary supporters think.

65 million people voted for Hillary in the 2016 election, a substantial portion of those people will be voting in 2020 for whoever is the Democratic nominee for President, regardless of whatever comments Hillary made about Bernie. Not all of those 65 million people who voted for Hillary were supporters, but knew they needed to vote against Trump. Bernie will need that segment of the voting population to win the primary and in November against Trump.

Bramblebutt

Jan 11, 2018
Try posting something from this decade...

Sanders has the 2nd highest percentage of "No" I will not support the nominee if it's not their candidate...Yang's support base is just...ugh.

That tweet is certainly a charitable interpretation, but I think the more likely explanation for those numbers is less the Warren campaign's ability to unify the electorate and more the lack of engagement with voters who aren't reliable Democratic partisans.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
65 million people voted for Hillary in the 2016 election, a substantial portion of those people will be voting in 2020 for whoever is the Democratic nominee for President, regardless of whatever comments Hillary made about Bernie. Not all of those 65 million people who voted for Hillary were supporters, but knew they needed to vote against Trump. Bernie will need that segment of the voting population to win the primary and in November against Trump.

Either they go out and vote or they get 4 more years of Trump. If they can weather 4 more years of the GOP literally rolling back all progressive reforms in those next 4 years they might not go vote.

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
That tweet is certainly a charitable interpretation, but I think the more likely explanation for those numbers is less the Warren campaign's ability to unify the electorate and more the lack of engagement with voters who aren't reliable Democratic partisans.
Yep. That much maligned Sanders canvassing script was 100% correct. Warren isn't getting anyone who isn't a wonk to vote for her, and they were already voting democratic anyway.

LilWayneSuckz

Oct 25, 2017
Either they go out and vote or they get 4 more years of Trump. If they can weather 4 more years of the GOP literally rolling back all progressive reforms in those next 4 years they might not go vote.

This needs to apply to every voter looking to oust Trump. Which is why we need to unite with the inevitable Democrat nominee.

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017
They will vote for whoever the Dem nominee is if they are really serious about beating Trump. If Bernie wins the nomination and they don't vote for him then they are voting for Trump and are hypocrites.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They will vote for whoever the Dem nominee is if they are really serious about beating Trump. If Bernie wins the nomination and they don't vote for him then they are voting for Trump and are hypocrites.

the reason this thread is still going is the polling suggesting the opposite problem.

Deleted member 45211

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 19, 2018

Sanders has the 2nd highest percentage of "No" I will not support the nominee if it's not their candidate...Yang's support base is just...ugh.

These percentages could mean drastically different things depending on who took the poll and what the raw numbers for each candidate were. If some candidates are pulling from independents or republicans, it those No answers might be good news. But if it's a poll of just registered Democrats, no bien.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey

This is also a symptom of the problem...Sanders represents a movement of people who that are hinging their paths forward on running with the momentum Sanders allows the progressive movement by winning the Presidency.

These are people who feel like Sanders is the only one who actually represents the sentiment they are trying to spread. If he loses it will deal a serious blow to the huge percentage of democratic base who have been pushed to desperation in suitably desperate times.

In this way, electing Joe biden definitely would be a risk whereas electing Sanders would get the democratic centrists who support people like Joe as well as many more independents than Biden and even conservative Republicans.